Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BoJustBo

My Doom pixelart

insanely cool and beyond stylish - i'd seen your stuff floating around twitter and it's always been captivating! love the depth on everything. also great to see how far you've come in just a couple years, unreal!

Thanks, and it's not even been two years since I decided to pick pixelart back up after a decade without.

Speaking of progress. Here's a comparison between November 2020 and June 2021 on two drawings of the same demon.

Been doing a lot of commissions last week and going.

Now I'm taking a break from that stuff and making another pixelart tutorial :)

On 5/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, BoJustBo said:

Oops forgot to post this one yesterday.

And to todays lovely post.

Hope you know about this, its a program that let you create game boy games that can be played on a proper Game Boy with a Flash Cart.
https://chrismaltby.itch.io/gb-studio

Maybe those GB Doom style sprites find a home at last :)

On 7/22/2021 at 11:21 PM, Ralphis said:

Have you ever considered doing some pixel art weapons for use in-game?

Yes

On 7/23/2021 at 2:34 AM, P41R47 said:

Hope you know about this, its a program that let you create game boy games that can be played on a proper Game Boy with a Flash Cart.
https://chrismaltby.itch.io/gb-studio

Maybe those GB Doom style sprites find a home at last :)

Yes, but the sprites are too big for it. It has more minimalistic limitations than real GB games do so characters will have to be 16x16 pixels and you still can't have a lot of em.

anyways:

As someone who has dipped his foot into the pixel art waters earlier this year, I gotta say this is really inspiring stuff! I've mostly been working in super small NES type sprites and stuff, but this makes me wanna play with some higher resolutions. Forgive me if you answered somewhere in this pretty lengthy thread, but what application do you use?

On 8/12/2021 at 2:24 AM, CHAINMAIL said:

As someone who has dipped his foot into the pixel art waters earlier this year, I gotta say this is really inspiring stuff! I've mostly been working in super small NES type sprites and stuff, but this makes me wanna play with some higher resolutions. Forgive me if you answered somewhere in this pretty lengthy thread, but what application do you use?

Thanks, I mainly use Aseprite, easy to use, has hotkey customization, and most important of all, it is completely focused on pixelart so you don't have to change settings on every tool to make it work properly =P

Anyways, got some new crap to post.

A commission I made for the devs of the game ProDeus. And for those that keep asking me to post timelapses outside of Patreon, they posted the one for this pic too.