Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vorpal

vorpal's 2019 wad picks from the community

Really appreciate the mention here! I've actually played around a third of the sets mentioned here, and they are pretty great! Especially Paradise, Sinergy, and Lost Civilization, all of which, I believe, are major contenders for the cacowards.

Thank you as well, for the shoutout. I feel small in the shadow of some of these fantastic WADS! Just out of curiosity though, is Miasma not from like... 3 years ago? Or did it get a 2019 update? Not to belittle that masterpiece, I'm just wondering.

15 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Thank you as well, for the shoutout. I feel small in the shadow of some of these fantastic WADS! Just out of curiosity though, is Miasma not from like... 3 years ago? Or did it get a 2019 update? Not to belittle that masterpiece, I'm just wondering.

Oops, I think I only discovered it in 2019, and it got mixed up in my disorganized bookmarks. Gonna leave it in the list though as it feels wrong to make a nod to someone, and then take the nod back for technical reasons ;-P

13 minutes ago, Vorpal said:

Oops, I think I only discovered it in 2019, and it got mixed up in my disorganized bookmarks. Gonna leave it in the list though as it feels wrong to make a nod to someone, and then take the nod back for technical reasons ;-P

Haha, I'd have to agree with you there. I actually only discovered it this year as well, been going back through the Cacoward years discovering some mighty gems. 

Thanks for the mention! I hope you had a blast at The Miley Cyrus Concert.  Fun crowd, 'ey?

Now if only someone would chain you to a desk and force you to map. ;)

Thanks for mentioning my pretty jokish megawad. Glad you liked it. :)

There are some killer projects on this list. It's an honor to see Bury My Heart Knee Deep among them. Thank you!

@Vorpal Thanks for the mention and this list! Its really helpful. After reviewing my list of downloads, I didn't find a large number of projects from this list. Although my list of downloaded wads only grows and does not decrease from year to year, I do not want to miss anything. Sooner or later I'll play them all, even if the time comes in years. 

added a couple more at the end of the list, hopefully the new dudes get notification pings (especially those last two who need a nudge to release their goodies!)

and ofc cacowards are out so there's no shortage for 2019 stuff to play

Bloody hell! I didn't expect to see this in my notifications. Thank you Vorpal for the mention, really appreciate it.

Aye. Cheers for the 'nudge' too. Kicking myself to finish it, very nervous and excited.

Oops All Techbase is designed to be completely vanilla. Also holy shit thank you for the mention! Thank you so much!

I have played like, 6 of these. Gotta fix that. I really wanted a “great recent releases, maps only” type list and this is perfect. I’ve missed so much of the great stuff that’s come out, being nose deep in my own projects. I have this urge to do a bit of a Doomathon and properly absorb all this content, especially since it’s been hand picked and all! 

Also, /me cries in my cereal because neither Rowdy Rudy nor Ray Mohawk made the cut. I really needa up my game. They’re both high in 1996 vintage cheese content! I know too much cheese will give you high cholesterol, but still, you gotta make some poor dietary choices here and there!

:p

4 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Hide contents

Also, /me cries in my cereal because neither Rowdy Rudy nor Ray Mohawk made the cut. I really needa up my game. They’re both high in 1996 vintage cheese content! I know too much cheese will give you high cholesterol, but still, you gotta make some poor dietary choices here and there!

Aw, come on, both those projects were great, I was actually pretty surprised Ray Mohawk didn't get at least a runner up in the cacowards.

13 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I have played like, 6 of these. Gotta fix that. I really wanted a “great recent releases, maps only” type list and this is perfect. I’ve missed so much of the great stuff that’s come out, being nose deep in my own projects. I have this urge to do a bit of a Doomathon and properly absorb all this content, especially since it’s been hand picked and all! 

Hide contents

I've probably only played like 1/4th of these sets, so I wouldn't say there's a "cut" to be made other than it being on my radar and yeah some Doomathons are in order for the giant list (I intend to do as many as possible with @Tango supercharge mod). Will add those 2 post haste...!