Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boomslang

hey doomies and doomettes, i need some refrence images for the plasma gun

i mean the original DOOM 1993 plasma gun, i'm currently making a 3d model in school for animation class and i need better images than just the picture of the gun it was based on and the side-sprite. here's a pic of what i had yesterday, i've adjusted the length and size of it today. and i added a grip at the bottom part.  i'll show you what i have gotten done tomorrow.  

image.png

The vertical plasma gun looks like a building with modern architecture.

Just now, Roofi said:

The vertical plasma gun looks like a building with modern architecture.

lol. that's how i constricted it.

Just now, Gaia74 said:

image.png.21c66cf22d19bf74430466675a5854f8.png

literally the original was made of this toy xD

i know i LITERALLY just said that i used that as a reference image

51 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

image.png.21c66cf22d19bf74430466675a5854f8.png

literally the original was made of this toy xD

Waaait a minute... so on the toy, the other end is the barrel? I'm just looking at the curve of that trigger. I'm so confused. Is it like a mini rocket launcher? 

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Waaait a minute... so on the toy, the other end is the barrel? I'm just looking at the curve of that trigger. I'm so confused. Is it like a mini rocket launcher? 

what the fuck oh god the left side is the FRONT!?

twhy the fuck does the backside look more developed than the frontside?

33 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

This article has a better view of how the toy part is oriented.

okay so i made 2 refrence images

one is a hodgepodge Frankenstein of the toy

one is a traceover of the sprite

and the top is the sprite.

References.png

Just now, Malurek said:

why is the grip on the top?  as that gun is in that picture, the bottom would get too hot to hold

20191122_084007.jpg

On mercredi 20 novembre 2019 at 10:30 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Yes! It's actually a big toy gun that can be split into two smaller guns. Here's the full package:

Tuu30PG.jpg

I've always wondered about the image of Rambo holding an M60 with what looks like a rifle grenade. The old Rambo 8-bit game had a more correct image of Rambo holding an RPG:

Rambo.jpg

But the Sega Megadrive had the M60/RPG hybrid. It's as if an artist was given some messed-up reference materials - or instructed to make the gun more aggressive-looking - and everybody copied that instead.

The back half of the toy seems to be based on the M60D, which was the helicopter-mounted version of the M60, with spade grips and a rear-mounted trigger. The modular construction might have been a reference to the Stoner 63, or it might have just been fanciful product design.

Here in the UK Rambo-style survival knives were really trendy in the 1980s. They had a compass in the handle and paracord. They were usually really badly made, with the blade welded onto a very small tang, so if you tried to cut something substantial the blade would break off. After the Hungerford Massacre they weren't fashionable any more (which was odd, because the only widely-circulated image of Michael Ryan shows him wearing a smock, not combat gear, and there was no indication he ever saw either of the Rambo films).

Er, Doom! Doom Doom Doom.

Damn I definitely traded some lunch money or begging my mom money to my friend for that combat knife 20+ years ago in the playground.

I didn’t realize he probably had the whole set.

I wonder if the knife is still at my parent’s house.