Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GJC

Making Map Music.

Hi,

I wasn't sure where in Doomworld to place this so I'll put it here. I want to make an effort in making music that I don't take too long on. Just think of a map scene, start recording and see what happens.

This is a very rough test:

Thanks for looking.

Edited by GJC

Heres another, bit more of a Tech theme I guess:

Tried the other on different speakers and it sounded a bit naff so sorry if this does too.

They're both quite good. I could see the first one being perhaps suited very well as a main menu theme, but I'm absolutely digging the second (more Tech theme) song. I'd love a full length version of that second one! These definitely don't have that MIDI vibe to them, and feel rather refreshing. I tried listening to that second song while playing some Eviternity, it's got such a perfect demon-slaying tone and beat. 

Thanks RonnieJamesDiner, the feedback is very much appreciated. The first one is a bit lacking, I will see what I can do with the second one. I need to get my sound right. I haven't done much MIDI yet, just some bits for a mod though I'd like to try more.

I've had another go with it:

Should be able to loop it now.

5 hours ago, GJC said:

I've had another go with it:

Should be able to loop it now.

I'm getting Quake II vibes 

Thanks, that's all right. Not sure how long the next will take. It's a great soundtrack BBQgiraffe. 

These tracks sound great! I do think the second track could use some louder, more enveloping percussion but that's just me :)

Thanks Weasel. They are an exercise in mixing/mastering also. The drums are a bit basic and quickly chosen, might try it with a drum kit.