Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

RDR 2 is one big cutscene

Guest MIND

So, I bought RDR 2 for PC when it was released a few weeks ago and one thing I noticed was how many fucking cutscenes there were and how LONG they were. They aren't even that interactive. The game feels like it would've been better suited to be a movie compared to the first one. Does anybody feel the same?

I haven't played the game yet but I've heard that its only the beginning chapters that are really slow and cutscene orientated. Apparently its supposed to get more open from there.

Guest MIND

I'm more into the game now but still near the beginning. Shit is fun.

Very start has plenty. But it opens up unless you only do main questlines.

I'm having lots of fun with the game, when it doesn't crash for lacking memory, launching with another API, doing an action it doesn't like.

The closest game we had to RDR on PC before RDR2 was Gun, it was an open world wild west based third person shooter released in 2005.

We didn't really get many good wild west shooters on PC, from the top of my head there was Gun, Outlaws and Call of Jaurez Bound in Blood, they were some of the best we previously got.

I might get RDR2 sometime in the future when it's gone down in price and has its bugs fixed.

Edited by Avoozl

On 11/20/2019 at 11:49 PM, Avoozl said:

The closest game we had to RDR on PC before RDR2 was Gun, it was an open world wild west based third person shooter released in 2005.

We didn't really get many good wild west shooters on PC, from the top of my head there was Gun, Outlaws and Call of Jaurez Bound in Blood, they were some of the best we previously got.

I might get RDR2 sometime in the future when it's gone down in price and has its bugs fixed.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was really, really good if you haven't played it. If you enjoyed Bound in Blood, you'll probably like it. It's up there as one of my favorite FPS games of all time; it was a hell of a lot better than Bound in Blood. It is more streamlined than the earlier games, but the way the story is presented is more enjoyable, the gun mechanics are fun, and it has a nice leveling mechanic for the weapons. All in all, it's probably the best Call of Juarez game. Bound in Blood was good, and I enjoyed playing it, but Gunslinger really streamlined everything and made it fun and replayable.

I don't know, I found the beginning a bit annoying with the narration and repeating scenes, it turned me off from wanting to play it further. I don't see how you can streamline any more than BIB already was, it was quite simple.

Yes but exclusive to Rockstar Launcher and Epic store.

Some technical issues but there are work arounds. Should have been delayed.

Guest MIND
On 11/24/2019 at 6:14 PM, Chezza said:

Yes but exclusive to Rockstar Launcher and Epic store.

Some technical issues but there are work arounds. Should have been delayed.

No technical issues for me. I just finished Chapter 6 of the main story today. Epic game.

I liked RDR2 a lot but it shows the limitations of "realism" when e.g. you can pump 20 shotgun shells into a storekeeper's corpse and the next day the same guy is back at work with an arm sling or something.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

I liked RDR2 a lot but it shows the limitations of "realism" when e.g. you can pump 20 shotgun shells into a storekeeper's corpse and the next day the same guy is back at work with an arm sling or something.

I guess people were just tougher back then. Put your arm in a sling, take a shot of whiskey, and get back to work.

Visually stunning game. Rockstar is in a league of their own with open worlds. RDR2 feels alive. The weather effects and lighting (with incredible sound design) come together in ways I have never seen a game pull off with this level of detail. I had so many moments where I would just sit in one area and soak in the atmosphere, watching the day pass.

That's what I felt about MP3, there's just way too many unskippable cutscenes in that game.

I'm looking forwawrd to trying out the game if I ever could afford it but man I really don't get the point of putting more than 5 min long non interactive scenes in a videogame