Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ramiel

Urdak, home world of the Maykrs

Looks like this place isn’t exactly heaven, unless “Urdak” is the proper name they’re giving it.

Or maybe it's part of Heaven, just not Heaven entirely.

They even got a giant golden/glowing ring above.

Heaven in Eternal might as well be bigger than what we've seen here, that one BattleMode map that merges Hell and Heaven and Empyrian from 2016's MP.

The Maykr bit seems a bit tech-like with some black rocks and red trees then you have the Heaven portion from this BattleMode map which looks more "ancient" and even has some ice somewhere.

You can also tell that the gif shows alterations from what was revealed during E3.

Maykrs.png?q=70&fm=webp&w=1600&h=1600

DOOM_Etrnl_BattleMode_26.png?q=70&fm=web

Doom-Eternal-Battlemode-1.jpg

Ah, I never did notice the Maykr architecture in those battlemode screenshots.

However, are those maps representative of what happens in the campaign (Hell overtaking Heaven at some point?), or are they made just to look cool?

12 hours ago, Ramiel said:

Ah, I never did notice the Maykr architecture in those battlemode screenshots.

However, are those maps representative of what happens in the campaign (Hell overtaking Heaven at some point?), or are they made just to look cool?

Many times I saw in forums that it is the world of Urdak that is part of heaven, but this is not so.  Urdak is the kingdom of Maykrs. These creatures are not related to the angelic hierarchy. Their names refer to the "creators". They have their own hierarchy. And their head is Khan Maykr (Khan is the Turkic-Mongol leader’s title). These creatures are definitely divine, so  as 3 Maykrs have their own artifacts. Maykr with Crucible stands out especially (as we know in Crucible the power of the dark priest is sealed).  Maykrs highly likely created creatures such as: Wraiths, which were vessels of Argent Energy ;;  Gargoyles ;; "Priests" ;; and other creatures. So in the game we have several parties to the conflict, not just Heaven and Hell

38p6crRaUvA.jpg

uyYV7b1vVSc.jpg

i1GpDJZjnX8.jpg

PicsArt_11-21-06.15.11.jpg

Edited by Uter Lokales

I mean, they still have some basic elements like the ring (or rather "halo") a symbol that's technically a cross, sky related stuff, angel like figures etc...

Considering Hell in Doom had its own tech elements in levels and creatures, it's not too crazy to assume a robo angel with an exposed brain could be their equivalent of a Spider Mastermind. (which then raises the question of who their Cyberdemon and even IOS could be)

The CE of the game also has a lithograph titled "The Gift of Argent Power".

DOOMEternalCE.jpg

This may also be because the Maykrs being a seperate entity means there's going too be a lot of factions in a series like Doom, which could be too much.

Also

https://imgur.com/a/K3AkCUQ

The Urdak looks different from that one screenshot, making me wonder if the removed objects were cut entirely or just moved to different parts of the world.

Edit: there's also Empyrian https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Empyrian

Edited by whatup876 : fix

On 11/21/2019 at 5:23 AM, Uter Lokales said:

Many times I saw in forums that it is the world of Urdak that is part of heaven, but this is not so.  Urdak is the kingdom of Maykrs. These creatures are not related to the angelic hierarchy. Their names refer to the "creators". They have their own hierarchy. And their head is Khan Maykr (Khan is the Turkic-Mongol leader’s title). These creatures are definitely divine, so  as 3 Maykrs have their own artifacts. Maykr with Crucible stands out especially (as we know in Crucible the power of the dark priest is sealed).  Maykrs highly likely created creatures such as: Wraiths, which were vessels of Argent Energy ;;  Gargoyles ;; "Priests" ;; and other creatures. So in the game we have several parties to the conflict, not just Heaven and Hell

I assume this is just your speculation?  Otherwise do you have a source?

9 hours ago, Zemini said:

I assume this is just your speculation?  Otherwise do you have a source?

As I said in the game there is a classic angelic hierarchy.  The same Seraphim or Archangels are already officially in the game.  These maykrs can not be called angels in any way, since their names refer to the "creators". The Bible does not have angels closely resembling maykrs.  The only thing they are alike is the design, but even not all maykrs have angelic design.  Another prefix "ur" means "primitive", which means that the Urdak-world of primitive Maykrs and they have their own hierarchy

My current speculation is that the Maykrs aren't "gods" but some of them may well be fallen angel deceivers ala Satan - that Khan Maykr is pictured having given Argent Energy to the Night Sentinels, and we know later that this led to the fall of their civilization, who is to say that this wasn't an intentional move as part of a long game on this being's part? That it now seems to be personally entering the fray while being apparently aligned more with what seems like the interests of Hell than anything else, running around with the Evil Cultists and Hell priests - who are already implicated in the fall of Argent D'Nur - is a strong hint toward this in my opinion.

I think that the being depicted with the staff (whether he is part of the Maykr's order, or something separate) is probably the wretch/infidel/traitor to Hell's cause, who didn't go along with the Khan's schemes and instead has empowered the Doom Slayer and the Sentinels while they remained to fight back. This seems confirmed by his face being part of the obelisks that Doom Slayer smashes to get special powerups since the E3 2019 demo. The earlier golden floating orbs that gave stuff like the Blood Punch in the earlier demo also appeared to be made of the same glowing tech that appears near that character in the concept art.

7 hours ago, Quasar said:

My current speculation is that the Maykrs aren't "gods" but some of them may well be fallen angel deceivers ala Satan - that Khan Maykr is pictured having given Argent Energy to the Night Sentinels, and we know later that this led to the fall of their civilization, who is to say that this wasn't an intentional move as part of a long game on this being's part? That it now seems to be personally entering the fray while being apparently aligned more with what seems like the interests of Hell than anything else, running around with the Evil Cultists and Hell priests - who are already implicated in the fall of Argent D'Nur - is a strong hint toward this in my opinion.

I think that the being depicted with the staff (whether he is part of the Maykr's order, or something separate) is probably the wretch/infidel/traitor to Hell's cause, who didn't go along with the Khan's schemes and instead has empowered the Doom Slayer and the Sentinels while they remained to fight back. This seems confirmed by his face being part of the obelisks that Doom Slayer smashes to get special powerups since the E3 2019 demo. The earlier golden floating orbs that gave stuff like the Blood Punch in the earlier demo also appeared to be made of the same glowing tech that appears near that character in the concept art.

1. On the artwork, which depicts 4 angels / maykrs give Argent energy - this is not Khan Maykr, but another creature. You can notice the differences in wings, head and other details.

2. I think Maykrs are the very first creatures of God and some are allowed to change worlds, balance, life and more.  Later, the Maykrs created heaven and angels, and then other creatures

3. We only know one maykr that helps Doom Slayer and that maykr with a staff. He certainly knew Doom Slayer before such as Argent D'nur fell.  That Crucible maykr is likely to be held captive by the demons since his artifact was in hell.  Maykr with a sphere is generally unknown, but it can only be assumed that he is also in Urdak

4. Regarding the motivation of Khan Maykr at Doom Eternal.  I suppose she betrayed her kingdom so that with the help of hell, she will realize the plan to destroy everything that God created.  She does not have sympathy for hell, but has united with them, because only hell is opposed to God.  Using 3 artifacts depicted in 3 maykrs, Khan Maykr wants to make a super-weapon that will destroy all worlds. After destroying all worlds, Khan Maykr will create a world where her own representation of utopia will be realized

If the Maykr are "Maker", first it's absolutely lazy as far as fantasy names go, and secondly rather than gods or angels, that would make them demiurges -- the "artisans" who created a flawed world.

11 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

1. On the artwork, which depicts 4 angels / maykrs give Argent energy - this is not Khan Maykr, but another creature. You can notice the differences in wings, head and other details.

I am 100% sure it is the same being.  And the smaller ones resemble the tooltip icon for the Battlemode Maykr Drones.

I remember in interview it was revealed that the player would meet a god, not the god. To me this could mean that that the Maykrs aren't Heaven's (read; not Urdak) only divine beings, the Maykrs are a faction of powerful fallen angels that have allied with Hell's forces; the Khan Maykr being a goddess that had defected, the Khan Maykr is the only deity that makes a direct appearance, and/or with it said that we would meet a god, that would be somewhat literal, in that, we wouldn't fight this god, and I highly doubt that the Khan Maykr isn't going to be a boss fight, so she wouldn't really fit this description.

10 hours ago, Zemini said:

I am 100% sure it is the same being.  And the smaller ones resemble the tooltip icon for the Battlemode Maykr Drones.

Look again carefully. Khan Maker has a clearly different design than that of "Angel" in the art.  Drones Maykr have a design that looks more like Khan Maykr than those little "angels" from art (long wings and a similar head to Khan Maykr)

PicsArt_11-27-05.04.19.png

PicsArt_11-27-05.08.19.jpg

PicsArt_11-27-04.59.06.jpg

I reckon the Slayer is going to kick that large Angels Robotic arse and stick Vega inside its mind.

I do wonder if they'd at least imply Jesus exists in Doom, because i like to imagine the ridiculous design they could come up with.

I can see it in some random codex entry.

5 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I do wonder if they'd at least imply Jesus exists in Doom, because i like to imagine the ridiculous design they could come up with.

Hahaha, that would be the worst thing they could do... I don't want to see any Jesus in any Doom Game... Jesus and Mary, I hope that does not happen :/

10 hours ago, whatup876 said:

5 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Hahaha, that would be the worst thing they could do... I don't want to see any Jesus in any Doom Game... Jesus and Mary, I hope that does not happen :/

One of the interviews said that Doom Slayer will meet God and the world of D16-DEternal itself is based on biblical motives (Doom officially has Lucifer and Abaddon), but there is another mythology in the game.  The same demon Bukavac from Slavic mythology or the demon Gremlin from English.  So it depends on the developers adding Jesus or not :)

Edited by Uter Lokales

3 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

One of the interviews said that Doom Slayer will meet God and the world of D16-DEternal itself is based on biblical motives (Doom officially has Lucifer and Abaddon), but there is another mythology in the game.  The same demon Bukavac from Slavic mythology or the demon Gremlin from English.  So it depends on the developers adding Jesus or not :)

Look, I read the Bible and about mythology everyday... One thing is inspiration, one thing is adding silly ideas like Jesus in a game... Jesus and Mary, why do people like to add silly speculations for a game??

42 minutes ago, Gez said:

Jesus is the Doom Slayer.

Nah

Super Noah's Ark 3D is the retro prequel to Doom Series, then...

Edited by Gerardo194

The terms "Urdak" and "Maykr" indicate id Software isn't going to introduce the biblical idea of Heaven. The wording and overall presentation have a strong Prometheus vibe. Maykrs = Engineers. 

3 hours ago, igg said:

The terms "Urdak" and "Maykr" indicate id Software isn't going to introduce the biblical idea of Heaven. The wording and overall presentation have a strong Prometheus vibe. Maykrs = Engineers. 

What's the Biblical idea of Heaven??? I remember that Apostle Paul in  the New Testament saw the Third Heaven but he wasn't able to describe it...

Hmmmm, I know Prometheus 's myth but, what's that Prometheus you are talking about??? Have you/guys watched something that I have not watched yet???

Edited by Gerardo194 : correcting words

17 hours ago, igg said:

To say that there will be no biblical ideas in the game when the Seraphim and Archangels are officially in the game and the developers themselves said that we will meet classical angels, and not maykrs + they said that the biblical Apocalypse is happening.  Just the world D16-DErernal itself is a mixture of various mythologies and they are interconnected and have the same origin

That the Apocalypse is happening, it's happening... I have a crazy theory about it now... maybe will share it later

Edited by Gerardo194

6 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

To say that there will be no biblical ideas in the game when the Seraphim and Archangels are officially in the game and the developers themselves said that we will meet classical angels, and not maykrs + they said that the biblical Apocalypse is happening.  

Do you have any source for that? I remember just one magazine article mentioning you fight heavenly Angel's and not just maykrs. The Apocalypse is not something bible exclusive. 

13 hours ago, igg said:

Do you have any source for that? I remember just one magazine article mentioning you fight heavenly Angel's and not just maykrs. The Apocalypse is not something bible exclusive. 

Stratton said in an interview that the heavenly Archangels will become part of the game's finale.  And Seraphim was generally in D16 and can be seen on the "Book of Daeva" and on the DEternal art.  And again in an interview about the history of the game, Hugo said that we will meet God and classical angels, not maykrs

f3e.png

PicsArt_12-03-04.27.10.jpg

Edited by Uter Lokales

I'd be cautious about drawing too close a parallel to any actual mythologies or religions; I think what they're going for is a typical sci-fi take where Earthly religions were influenced in the course of lost history by things that were real, but got distorted through the ages, leaving none of them a fully accurate description of the actual reality behind the veil.

There are some pretty obvious references to Sumerian and Akkadian stuff. The "Ur" in Urdak may well be another such reference, similar to Kadingir being the ancient name of Babylon. The script used by the Night Sentinels seems to be some kind of pseudo-Semitic conlang (I've tried to do some analysis but haven't figured anything out so far beyond identifying likely sources of some of the glyphs in Emerson Tung's design process). I think there has to be an obvious connection to Earth somewhere in their history. That the UAC described some structures they found in Hell but obviously not built b the demons as "seemingly inspired by Earthly cultures" seems an additional hint.

10 hours ago, Uter Lokales said:

Stratton said in an interview that the heavenly Archangels will become part of the game's finale.  And Seraphim was generally in D16 and can be seen on the "Book of Daeva" and on the DEternal art.  And again in an interview about the history of the game, Hugo said that we will meet God and classical angels, not maykrs

I only remember Hugo saying we're gonna to meet "a god" when being asked if we meet the god. That's a huge difference. Can you provide a link to the interview where he said we will meet classical Angels and not just Maykrs? As far as I remember only one magazine wrote about these as different entities.