Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Since Doom 64 Will Be On PC...

Think that it'll be called the real Doom 3 by the fans?

Edited by The Strife Commando : Added "the real."

No, Doom 3 already exist...

It's just going to be called Doom 64 or Doom 64 EX (likely the former, and referred to as EX only internally).

5 minutes ago, seed said:

No, Doom 3 already exist...

It's just going to be called Doom 64 or Doom 64 EX (likely the former, and referred to as EX only internally).

Well not named Doom 3, but rather be called Doom 3 by the fans. They're going to consider it the real Doom 3.

2 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

Well not named Doom 3, but rather be called Doom 3 by the fans. They're going to consider it the real Doom 3.

No that's just you.

3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

As a general reminder, even Kaiser made Doom3 maps. The perception of "Doom 3 is not a real doom game/is bad" is not shared by us Nightdive devs. Take that as you will.

I didn't say Doom 3 is bad. I was just asking if people are going to call Doom 64 on PC the real Doom 3.

I don’t agree with calling it doom 3 however I agree with you that doom 64 is a tacky name.  Not to mention confusing I thought it was just a port until years after it released.

Whether you consider Doom 64 the proper successor to Doom II or not, nobody will call it Doom 3. All the will do is confuse everyone...

With that being said, I do wish Doom 64 was called by its working title, Doom: The Absolution. It's a cool name, and makes more clear its not just a port of Doom. I'm not a fan of Nintendo slapping Super on every SNES game title, and certainly not them slapping 64 on every N64 game. I'm almost surprised Golden 007 wasn't called Goldeneye 0064...

Nonsense. It will be called DOOM 2.64.666, for chronological accuracy and plain hellishness. 

I also would have preferred Doom: The Absolution.

And for the record, I think that the "real" Doom 3 is a travesty that should never have existed. But yeah, I grudgingly admit it is the real Doom 3.

If you look at it from a storyline perspective, Doom 64 is a sequel to Doom II, so it's Doom III. Though Final Doom is also two sequels to Doom II, so perhaps Doom 64 is Doom IV or even Doom V.

Doom 3 is a reboot, not connected to the storyline from classic Doom.

Doom 2016 is also a reboot, they ended up not calling it Doom 4 after all. However, the early plan was for a sequel to Doom 3.

Doom 3 is just Doom 3.

Doom 64 is just Doom 64.

It's not part of Final Doom, but I consider it as it was. I call the episode: MERCILESS EXTERMINATION.

10 hours ago, dr_st said:

HMMM, where are you going with this??? 666 is possibly the name that the Doom 64 sequel I'ii work on will be named...

11 hours ago, 3saster said:

Whether you consider Doom 64 the proper successor to Doom II or not, nobody will call it Doom 3. All the will do is confuse everyone...

With that being said, I do wish Doom 64 was called by its working title, Doom: The Absolution. It's a cool name, and makes more clear its not just a port of Doom. I'm not a fan of Nintendo slapping Super on every SNES game title, and certainly not them slapping 64 on every N64 game. I'm almost surprised Golden 007 wasn't called Goldeneye 0064...

Well because of GoldenEye on the Wii, I call it GoldenEye 64 to leave out the confusion.

Why you have to argue that something already has a well known name to change name? Funny.

So, please call apple blue, and call sky red. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Why you have to argue that something already has a well known name to change name? Funny.

So, please call apple blue, and call sky red. Thanks.

I was asking if people are going to call it Doom 3 once it releases on PC.

2 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

I was asking if people are going to call it Doom 3 once it releases on PC.

I was saying someone can make a more constructive question than this.

PS: You have a "good" history to modify the first post and make the situation worse, and somehow make the people argue with you look like the bad people questioning you without a good actual reason.

↓ Simply not asking this question is constructive.

Yes, we'll be calling it that in my "Doom 3 was a mistake" support group. We gather every Friday night to talk about how Doom 3 is not a real Doom game and how pissed we all still are 15 years later.

You people don't seem to understand that I asked a question about people calling the game Doom 3. I didn't say it was Doom 3, I didn't call it the real Doom 3, I just asked if people were going to call it that. You know, wondering if others would do so. Can someone delete this thread from existence please?

Edited by The Strife Commando

Doom 64 is Doom 64.   Doom 3 is Doom 3.  Doom 2016 is Doom 4.   Doom Eternal is Doom 5. 

We have approximately 58 sequels to go before we're caught up to Doom 64.    May our great, great grandchildren live to see Doom 65.

NOTE:  Approximately 106 people openly hate this post but are further frustrated by lack of a dislike button.

20 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

You people don't seem to understand that I asked a question about people calling the game Doom 3. I didn't say it was Doom 3, I didn't call it the real Doom 3, I just asked if people were going to call it that. You know, wondering if others would do so. Can someone delete this thread from existence please?

Some of us understood what you meant quite clearly from the very beginning.

The problem here is that this is a stupid question - no one is going to call Doom 64 Doom 3, there already is a game carrying that name, released in 2004. That some of us consider Doom 64 "the real Doom 3" in our headcanon or whatever, is an entirely different topic.