Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyzzу

W_CacheLumpNum: 21308 >= numlumps

Question

Hey all, I'm reminded of why I never deal with vanilla Doom rofl

I looked up what the titled error means on both Doomwiki and here, and it seems the solution lies in the PWAD lump order and/or the naming of the START and END markers, but I could swear I've tried all combinations of S/SS_START/END and P/PP_START/END and placing all associated lumps to the top of the list in SLADE to no avail. What's worse is that I have another wad with the lumps generally in the same order/naming convention and choco doom runs it just fine :/ Can anyone tell me what to do so the PWAD can run in Chocolate Doom with the -merge command?

Here's the entire (spliced together) lump list, for what it's worth:

Spoiler

fric.png.d12a985693f4dd3c66f1b87952bc9787.png

2 answers to this question

You may need to upload the WAD as the error is a symptom of a problem, not a report of the actual cause. 

Also make sure your PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps include the base Doom2 textures and patches. These lumps do not stack. 

Actually, now that you mentioned the TEXTURE1 lump, I went back to check it in slade to see if anything went wrong. Sure enough, half of the patches in my new SKY1 were changed to these weird "INVPATCH###"s for some reason. I changed those entries back into the correct patches and now the WAD works like a charm :D Thank you so much for your help!