I have a challenge for everyone

HARDDOOM  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What mode did you choose?

• easy
    • harder
    • extrahard
    • unfair
  2. 2. How far did you get before you gave up? (be honest)

• I gave up around map 1
    • I gave up around map 11
    • I gave up after map 11
    • I didnt give up, i beat it whole. (on unfair)

This is a doom wad I put together, it makes doom much harder. Rules are simple, you must use the unfair character class. The difficulty doesn't matter. (don't even try nightmare, I mean it) You must upload a video to here of you beating the wad using the above settings. The first person to succeed will get a shout out in a book I'm writing. In the video you must show yourself Clicking reset to default.

You must use LZDOOM on default settings. You must use doom 2. NO AUTOSAVE, SHOW PROOF ON VIDEO IT IS DISABLED. (press the "~" key to open console, then type "disableautosave 2") no mouse look, no jumping, no crouch, you must use controls like 1993. Compatibilty must be set to "DOOM (STRICT)"

Hrddom.zip

I can see noone likes this. I can tell. just please leave me out of the hate.

Edited by superboo07 : fixed spelling error

dude, its meant to be hard. Like I said, theres a prize if you beat it with unfair.

9 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:
  Hide contents

Wow, this wad is shit.

Tried unfair+ UV... could reach the exit after approx. 30 attempts, running around like an idiot, avoiding most of all enemies. Where's that f****** chainsaw???

But Underhalls....it's a death trap for me. Fisting enhanced Shotgunners won't make too much fun LOL. I started a fresh round, unfair, but too young to die instead ,- this looks quite interesting. I'm excited to see how far I can get this time. 

12 minutes ago, 4everDoomed said:

Tried unfair+ UV... could reach the exit after approx. 30 attempts, running around like an idiot, avoiding most of all enemies. Where's that f****** chainsaw???

But Underhalls....it's a death trap for me. Fisting enhanced Shotgunners won't make too much fun LOL. I started a fresh round, unfair, but too young to die instead ,- this looks quite interesting. I'm excited to see how far I can get this time. 

i removed the chainsaw to add to the difficulty. It would be to easy if you could get a weapon in the first level. Sorry

Basically all this wad does is makes most enemies have more HP, a few fire faster, the imps move faster and hell knights become turrets. I was kinda hoping for something a tad more than "'AY LUK! DA CYBORDEMAN HAZ 25K HELF!".

Yeah if you want me to do a challenge maybe make it keep my attention longer than Map05.

16 hours ago, superboo07 said:

This is a doom wad I put together, it makes doom much harder. Rules are simple, you must use the unfair character class. The difficulty doesn't matter. (don't even try nightmare, I mean it) You must upload a video to here of you beating the wad using the above settings. The first person to succeed will get a shout out in a book I'm writing. In the video you must show yourself Clicking reset to default.

You must use LZDOOM on default settings. You must use doom 2. NO AUTOSAVE, SHOW PROOF ON VIDEO IT IS DISABLED. (press the "~" key to open console, then type "disableautosave 2") no mouse look, no jumping, no crouch, you must use controls like 1993. Compatibilty must be set to "DOOM (STRICT)"

Hrddom.zip

This WAD is effortless, it was made in 10 minutes, all the maker did was change MAP01 to have no weapons, buff the monsters, and make the player slow with 1% health. Why should I care for a shout out in a shitty book? Just skip this one, it's not worth your time.

Just now, superboo07 said:

Time is time. I put my time into it. So fine put your hate into the wad, but keep me out of that hate.

The world would be a better place if you didn't put your time into this dumpster fire.

I checked the wad and I hope more than just changes in health and damage numbers, And if you say you spent time, how much was it? 20 minutes?

However, I thought the increase in difficulty would be more projectiles, more speed in the monsters, or that they are more intelligent but it only reduces your movement speed and player health, also increases the health of the enemy, This doesn't make it hard, it makes it tedious and boring, you must make an enemy that is difficult but at the same time fun and possible.

What is the purpose of this challenge? Fun?, Or is it because you do something for your "book"?, You say whoever gets it will receive a congratulation in a book you write.

Anyway, I don't see the fun of doing this at least with this rules.

There are two types of challenging. 

There is playing through map sets like Sunlust or Sunder. You work out a strategy, you maybe need a bit of rng, but you can beat it reliably.

Then there is this. I start with 1% health, to which any zombie can take me down. For reasons. I get nothing to realistically take care of them.

It's the wrong kind of challenging.

6 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

I checked the wad and I hope more than just changes in health and damage numbers, And if you say you spent time, how much was it? 20 minutes?

However, I thought the increase in difficulty would be more projectiles, more speed in the monsters, or that they are more intelligent but it only reduces your movement speed and player health, also increases the health of the enemy, This doesn't make it hard, it makes it tedious and boring, you must make an enemy that is difficult but at the same time fun and possible.

What is the purpose of this challenge? Fun?, Or is it because you do something for your "book"?, You say whoever gets it will receive a congratulation in a book you write.

Anyway, I don't see the fun of doing this at least with this rules.

You dont have to follow the rules. You dont have to try the challenge. I left an easy mode for people who want normal weapons of there own with no debuffs but with stronger weapons

51 minutes ago, superboo07 said:

You dont have to follow the rules. You dont have to try the challenge. I left an easy mode for people who want normal weapons of there own with no debuffs but with stronger weapons

your challenge specifically want the unfair mode

Stronger weapons?, what I saw only increases your health