Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superboo07

Noone liked what i made, so i made something better.

I have made a bundle of dev tools in a wad. i have edited e1m1 to include such things. i also included a new character class. Where you are crippled. You do have a shot gun in that class, but its crap. It is jammed, but it will work. If anyone wants to use what i have put into this wad file than so be it. Thank you to realm667 and all the creators of the weapons used in this wad file.

Before i forget, THIS ISNT FOR A PLAYTHROUGH OF DOOM. Its for anyone who wants to make a better wad than i could make. Fine if you want a more slower pased doom than use the new character class, dont hate on me. One day, in a more accepting world, i might make something of my own with these tools. Until then, LEARN TO BE MORE ACCEPTING.

MODMAK.zip

3 hours ago, superboo07 said:

I have made a bundle of dev tools in a wad. i have edited e1m1 to include such things. i also included a new character class. Where you are crippled. You do have a shot gun in that class, but its crap. It is jammed, but it will work. If anyone wants to use what i have put into this wad file than so be it. Thank you to realm667 and all the creators of the weapons used in this wad file.

Before i forget, THIS ISNT FOR A PLAYTHROUGH OF DOOM. Its for anyone who wants to make a better wad than i could make. Fine if you want a more slower pased doom than use the new character class, dont hate on me.

MODMAK.zip

Don't give up, keep making maps and screw what everyone else says. It takes time to get good.

1 minute ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

Don't give up, keep making maps and screw what everyone else says. It takes time to get good.

Thank you

Thank you

No problem, it's your art and do it to make yourself happy.

1 hour ago, Super Mighty G said:

Learn to take criticism. 

It wast criticism that was being given only. They were putting the hate mostly on me. Not what I made

Gave it a spin, don't know what I expected, it is, exactly as you said, an edit of e1m1. Other than a chuckle from the "limping marine" I didn't get anything out of this.

23 minutes ago, superboo07 said:

It wast criticism that was being given only. They were putting the hate mostly on me. Not what I made

Your assessment is incorrect. No one has attacked you personally. You made a dud, and people communicated that. So start over and try something else.

This is a critisism to your work, ok? no to you.

The mod is... boring, even in the easy difficult. It doesn't add much in the gameplay department.

If you want to test things for a future mod, its ok, what you learned with this mod is good for the next one, but if you want to release this at this state... well its pretty incomplete and sort of a work that no one will like. I'm not foresighting or anything, just using common sense.
Just look at the gameplay mods out there. LaTaylor Girl, Brutal Doom, Demonsteele, etc. They are works with a lot of time spent in it. And by a lot i mean really lot. Brutal Doom started some time around 2010 or even before, i think.

So here is my question.

What were you aiming for?

The people here really like to try new stuff and play in different ways, but this mod doesn't add much to spice it up a little more, just a few of gameplay handicaps in the new player classes and some buffs for monsters.

As i said, this is good for a test mod. But if you want to release it as a complete work, well, don't take this personal, but you should look more to what is cosidered a ''good work'', not only for you, but for you and a lot more people out there.

I liked the idea of handicaped marines, but this felt pretty incomplete at this state.

Don't give up, you surely will come with something good, but learn to take critisism as it is: just critisism expressed by somebody out there that, as you are and as i am, its not a professional in how to talk or express oneself to other people without beign needlesly harsh.
Cheers!

18 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

This is a critisism to your work, ok? no to you.

The mod is... boring, even in the easy difficult. It doesn't add much in the gameplay department.

If you want to test things for a future mod, its ok, what you learned with this mod is good for the next one, but if you want to release this at this state... well its pretty incomplete and sort of a work that no one will like. I'm not foresighting or anything, just using common sense.
Just look at the gameplay mods out there. LaTaylor Girl, Brutal Doom, Demonsteele, etc. They are works with a lot of time spent in it. And by a lot i mean really lot. Brutal Doom started some time around 2010 or even before, i think.

So here is my question.

What were you aiming for?

The people here really like to try new stuff and play in different ways, but this mod doesn't add much to spice it up a little more, just a few of gameplay handicaps in the new player classes and some buffs for monsters.

As i said, this is good for a test mod. But if you want to release it as a complete work, well, don't take this personal, but you should look more to what is cosidered a ''good work'', not only for you, but for you and a lot more people out there.

I liked the idea of handicaped marines, but this felt pretty incomplete at this state.

Don't give up, you surely will come with something good, but learn to take critisism as it is: just critisism expressed by somebody out there that, as you are and as i am, its not a professional in how to talk or express oneself to other people without beign needlesly harsh.
Cheers!

Thank you, the point of this was file was to be a base for other wad makers. I doubt people will use it, but you never know. Someone might find something here usefull

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Just saying, for some reason, every time I see somebody put "no one" together, I think of Linoone.

I can’t be the only one who reads noone phonetically as ‘noony’

21 hours ago, superboo07 said:

dont hate on me. One day, in a more accepting world, i might make something of my own with these tools. Until then, LEARN TO BE MORE ACCEPTING.

you never received hate, you received criticism

if you have enthusiasm you can achieve what you want, but always keep in mind that not everyone will like your work, also remember that if people do not tell you what is wrong with your work, how will you know what to do to make better your work?

I have also received harsh criticism, but I but I will not give up, and I have been improving based on those criticisms, when you learn that the criticisms are to improve, you will improve a lot in your work :P

In superboo’s defense, in amongst the constructive criticism was stuff like ‘this wad is shit’ which doesn’t help anyone

3 hours ago, Horus said:

In superboo’s defense, in amongst the constructive criticism was stuff like ‘this wad is shit’ which doesn’t help anyone

someone said "this dumpster fire". like real "constructive"

I can see why you want to make a gameplay style like you are but may I suggest trying to make a map with it? It'd be cool if it comes with a backstory (even if it's small) as to why certain things happen to the player. Like for example, the player was attacked by a new, stronger form of an imp that nearly left them to death but miraculously survives and now seeks revenge. Just a little idea.

I've not fully tested the new weaponry here but I DO love the torch! PLEASE use it in a future wad! Dynamic torches like that are rarely seen in DooM wads and it could really work in dark caves or a night time forest theme.

5 hours ago, Horus said:

Spoiler

I left it in a spoiler though. And tbh,

it was my fault. If that comment hasn't existed, than most likely this post wouldn't have existed, either.

But I do agree that the OP has made a better attempt than his previous thread.

Extremely-Slow-Reloading-Shotgun reminds me the jokewad "Extreme Weapons Pack".

Looks like we should be playing as a kid - low hp, slow speed of everything...lmao

But my theory doesn't work due to hand/weapon sprites. They're just red. Not even in blood, it's just red corruption.

12 hours ago, superboo07 said:

Thank you, the point of this was file was to be a base for other wad makers. I doubt people will use it, but you never know. Someone might find something here usefull

To make your wad useful for other wad makers you need to create the useful mechanics. Like "Pogostick", "Mechatron", "Hideous Destructor", etc.

The mods I've mentioned can be used as base for new maps/TC. Those mods implements fundamentally new mechanics, really different from the vanilla Doom.

Your mod is "Just Doom but Doomguy is weaker, and the shotgun is broken". No, you didn't create the new mechanics. You have just destroyed the vanilla ones. Feel the difference.

You need to understand the videogame term of "balance". If you make Doomguy slower and unhealthy, you MUST do something with other parts of game. At present time, with the same (shotgunners even running faster?) enemies your mod doesn't make any sense. Especially for creating mods based on your mod.

Edited by Deⓧiaz

I would suggest you start by just making some simple levels, there's plenty of tutorials for that out there