Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

More Leak Stuff

A few major game news sites have finally started to acknowledge that the leak exists, and John Carmack himself has even spoken about it:

No, this was not leaked on purpose.

Yes, we are upset about it, and it will have some impact on how we deal with some companies in the future, but nothing drastic is going to change in terms of what support is going to be available.

Making any judgments from a snapshot intended for a non-interactive demo is ill advised.
So there you go. Also just be aware there's a guy on Slashdot named 'John Carmac.' or something similar who is making up stuff. It's pretty humorous, but obviously you don't want to confuse that stuff with what the real Carmack has to say. Of course the same comments and forums policies still hold true, so be good! On with your lives, citizens.

I don't believe this.

When I posted that, I said it's a crackpot theory and that I didn't think it was really true. Just having fun.

And now I see I'm neither the first nor the last to spout that same theory. I can't believe it came to e-mailing accusations to Carmack.

sgtcrispy said:

Carmack must be pissed.

I'd imagine his tension ball is getting quite a workout.

Cyb said:

Also just be aware there's a guy on Slashdot named 'John Carmac.'

Fredrik said:
"John Carmack" on Slashdot is the real John Carmack...[/B]

Notice the difference?

Here, let me simplify it:
Carmack < real
Carmac < fake

Notice the difference?

Here, let me simplify it:
Carmack < real
Carmac < fake

Uhh... do you think I'm stupid?

Lemme get this straight: Fredrik has pr0n videos?
Maybe he is the best at everything. =P

This really sucks, I still wonder how this happened. But this may give idsoftare a reason to make it even better than the alpha.

However, from what I've played so far it kicks ass. I'll be sure to buy a legit copy when it comes out.

too late, its already on sharereactor and downloading with edonkey, not me ofcourse. i wanna actually pay money for it for some reason.

kain said:

i wanna actually pay money for it for some reason.

This is where everyone is wrong. Playing the alpha would give u more reason to buy it, not less. There really isn't much to play in the alpha, and it leaves you wanting more.

saddly edonkehy doesn´t work in my pc :( ... hehe.... i wont download the alpha .. i want the real game!