Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superboo07

hate it, like it. I dont care. WORK IN PROGRESS

Im working on a mega wad. That will probably suck. You can ignore this post. Hell, even take it down. I dont care. 

Heres a picture of a map im making. mario.PNG.6c0110378d5239886fe72345281d3376.PNG

Dude, the first maps I made sucked. Hell, the stuff I'm working on now is pretty mediocre. It takes a lot of practice to get really good at mapping and making content. It can certainly be frustrating, and I can see where you're coming from. But as kknot5889 has already said, making posts like these aren't going to do you any good. 

I would definitely encourage you to keep trying, once you start getting the hang of mapping, It can actually become quite fun. I'm starting off small, taking my time and learning as I go, and it's been quite fun so far. 

Edited by phoo

looks interesting. You should make every map a different sprite character. The thing to do would be get creative with the way your level plays out taking advantage of each character's shape not just shape the floor plan like them though.

not having people like your map doesnt mean its bad.  the community has been at it for 25 years and has likely seen everything under the sun.  but your map is not bad, per se.  This map is pretty ridiculous and costs money.

habitat.png

Just now, Mk7_Centipede said:

not having people like your map doesnt mean its bad.  the community has been at it for 25 years and has likely seen everything under the sun.  but your map is not bad, per se.  This map is pretty ridiculous and costs money.

habitat.png

Fuck you, habitat is the best!

Spoiler

/s obvs

20 minutes ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

habitat.png

The forbidden one

1 hour ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

This map is pretty ridiculous and costs money.

habitat.png

..Christ almighty, I've never looked at it from above. 🤮

Seeing that rubbish strikes an urge in me to reinvigorate that brief wave of anger that some people expressed when it was announced that the Final Doom megawads would be paywalled..

Petition to make Final Doom free! It's time to stick it to the man! Wad Communism! WAD COMMUNISM I SAY! We the People demand justice!

4 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

habitat.png

When I realized what map it was I felt really good. I can't be this shitty at mapping unless I try really hard.

Habitat has a more creative level design than many maps I played.

Habitat is a good map for me.

If you want to make good maps, criticism is critical & mistakes are necessary for the growth of your skills. First thing you need to do is get rid of that insecurity & just accept that things are the way they are.

There are a bunch of Cacoward winners that people are gonna love AND hate. There is no wad/megawad that literally every Doom player loves & no one hate or dislike them.

So, relax & make something small & share it. Do not go for a megawad. It's not gonna work. Make 2 or 3 maps, share them, take advice & critiques, improve your mapping & repeat. Also, have some scope for your project once you are experienced enough if you wish to make something out of it.

And don't force yourself either.

Just be inspired and proud of yourself. Take it step by step and you'll get there.

@superboo07 I'd consider you pretty lucky, to be honest. You post a map editor picture and get 18 responses within 11 hours. I posted a fully-finished map, built with 20-odd years of experience mapping, four or five days ago and got one response (albeit a much-appreciated, positive one) after advertising on Discord because it had dropped halfway down page 2 within a day of posting. Take a bit of time to hone your craft and if people are still paying attention to you by then, you'll maybe do well.

23 minutes ago, Phobus said:

I'd consider you pretty lucky, to be honest. You post a map editor picture and get 18 responses within 11 hours. I posted a fully-finished map, built with 20-odd years of experience mapping,

The main reason behind this is due to OP's 2 previous posts about his gameplay mods.

For OP (yes you superboo).

Criticism is inevitable on your journey of making any kind of creations (not just Doom-related things).
So here's a tip, coming from someone who is easily pissed off:

The next time someone straight-up roasts you about your (beautiful) creations without saying why, just ask them back why and how can you improve it (them). If they either ignore you or proceed to roast you instead, ignore them. If they give (constructive,) honest feedbacks, listen to them and make changes according to those feedbacks.

Spoiler

For instance, your challenge. I posted

Spoiler

Wow this wad is shit

and you literally responded with "It's meant to be hard and there is a prize after completing it".

Spoiler

And in case you have some freetime, let me give you some honest reasons why I thought the wad is shit.

Spoiler

-The changes for all classes are too subtle. What are the different between normal Doomguy vs Easy Doomguy in your mod?

-The Unfair class is so unfair you can't even complete any map with it (no weapons, fist stay the same, etc.) -> challenge felt like a pain-in-the-ass to complete. A good challenge, IMO, has to have a good balance between hard and easy.

By the way, what book? You could have increased your attraction into your challenge by being a little bit more specific about your book.

This really did not help anyone and thus the backlashes. You could have said "why" instead, and I'd have been happy to help you.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer : And yes, I am looking forward for your maps.

2 hours ago, Phobus said:

@superboo07 I'd consider you pretty lucky, to be honest. You post a map editor picture and get 18 responses within 11 hours. I posted a fully-finished map, built with 20-odd years of experience mapping, four or five days ago and got one response (albeit a much-appreciated, positive one) after advertising on Discord because it had dropped halfway down page 2 within a day of posting. Take a bit of time to hone your craft and if people are still paying attention to you by then, you'll maybe do well.

Not sure how I missed that post. I will definitely be playing that this weekend. At least it'll hold me over until 25 Years On Earth finally comes out. 

3 hours ago, Phobus said:

@superboo07 You post a map editor picture and get 18 responses within 11 hours.

This topic is essentially about nothing. They are just found a reason for the flood. )

14 hours ago, Mk7_Centipede said:

habitat.png

That's one of the best levels in TNT in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Andromeda said:

That's one of the best levels in TNT in my opinion.

How can you say that when Dead Zone exists?

6 hours ago, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

is this a  shitpost or is this person genuinely salty 

Their previous two WADs got called stinky, so now they are mad.

Honestly? I made enough maps to fill half a megawad before I was 20. I made about the same number of maps between being 20 and 30.

The first half sucks. The second half kinda sucks but it has some good ideas.

That's what you have to aim for. Do your best, it's going to not be cacoward material, but it'll put those half a dozen good ideas out there.