Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenosid

Rocketman Custom monster

@thenosid, wow, that's a cool design!!! Reminds me a bit of my monsters for Doom64.

The armor color and weapon is just amazing. If I'm not wrong, you did this on cgi...

That's a great sprite set, just a couple more of blood spots on his armor to be a good zombie. The death sprites could use a little more work, it looks like it was taken from a higher point of view.

4NXDCtp.png

1 minute ago, Gothic said:

That's a great sprite set, just a couple more of blood spots on his armor to be a good zombie. The death sprites could use a little more work, it looks like it was taken from a higher point of view.

4NXDCtp.png

Yes, thats what I would change if I take the time. But I dont know how I will do the change.

Hey @thenosid, I've been looking for a new monster for a project of mine, and this may fit the bill. I'll have to test it out first, of course. Would you be fine with that?

4 minutes ago, obake said:

Hey @thenosid, I've been looking for a new monster for a project of mine, and this may fit the bill. I'll have to test it out first, of course. Would you be fine with that?

It is here to be used by anyone, I even submit it on REALM667, feel free tu use, as long as you credit me and ndroidz.

21 minutes ago, ThrashMetalFanBert94 said:

feels like doom46

I dont know why but the png images looks desaturated compared to the doom gfx in the wad and ingame.

Also, he looks more detailled than the other humanlike monsters because he is bigger.
image.png.faec7c59c0c7f508178d24329c45e0a1.png

11 hours ago, thenosid said:

It is here to be used by anyone, I even submit it on REALM667, feel free tu use, as long as you credit me and ndroidz.

I'll credit you both!

To be honest, this is exactly the monster my wad needs, something beefy and imposing. At first I found it too slow, but seeing as its attack is ultra powerful, I realize its speed balances out its power. I hope you don't mind that I make a few changes, such as giving it more health, so it can be used more as a mini-boss. I also want to change the name in the wad to Rocket-Bully.

Thanks so much for the awesome monster, Thenosid and Ndroidz!

Edit: One suggestion I'd make before sending to Realm667 is making the Rocketman's stepping sound louder. You can even do this by adjusting the sound's volume in the Sound Info lump.

Edited by obake

4 hours ago, obake said:

I'll credit you both!

To be honest, this is exactly the monster my wad needs, something beefy and imposing. At first I found it too slow, but seeing as its attack is ultra powerful, I realize its speed balances out its power. I hope you don't mind that I make a few changes, such as giving it more health, so it can be used more as a mini-boss. I also want to change the name in the wad to Rocket-Bully.

Thanks so much for the awesome monster, Thenosid and Ndroidz!

Edit: One suggestion I'd make before sending to Realm667 is making the Rocketman's stepping sound louder. You can even do this by adjusting the sound's volume in the Sound Info lump.

I would have to normalize the other sound's volume too, when you shoot it you barely hear it. Change what you want.

10 hours ago, thenosid said:

Also, he looks more detailled than the other humanlike monsters because he is bigger.

Yeah, that's why I commented about the perspective. It seems we see him from slightly above him. If the camera for the renders (it was made from renders of a 3D model, right) was put a bit lower, it would work better I think, and help convey his beefiness better too, since low-angle shots make subjects more imposing while high-angle shots make them look less so.

40 minutes ago, Gez said:

Yeah, that's why I commented about the perspective. It seems we see him from slightly above him. If the camera for the renders (it was made from renders of a 3D model, right) was put a bit lower, it would work better I think, and help convey his beefiness better too, since low-angle shots make subjects more imposing while high-angle shots make them look less so.

That what I tried on another model, lowering the camera make the model looks flat. I will maybe try on this one.

Maybe not just lower it but also change the angle so it looks slightly up?

Sorry for bumping this, just wanted to say that I like your monster very much! It's definitely made in a style that resembles the best examples of this kind of art from the 90s.

May I ask what project(s) is it used in?