Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImpieEyez95

D4V + D 2016 Campaign?

Has anyone tried recreating (to the best of the ability with GZdoom) the campaign from DOOM (2016)? It would be superb to play through the campaign on classic doom... 

Wouldn't you want a pack meant for D4V to be vanilla compatible, since that's the entire point of D4V?

It's definitely crossed my mind. I agree, if you wanted to be as faithful as possible you'd want to be using UDMF for 3D sectors, line portals, full skyboxes, and the likes. Or, you could just make simple homages and keep things vanilla compatible as Egg Boy mentioned, though I feel like the majority of the maps from 2016 would wind up becoming so disfigured and over-simplified in an attempt to keep them vanilla compatible that they'd likely be unrecognizable (or at very least, they'd lose the magic of their former selves (I'm not even sure really how you'd tackle the Argent Tower in vanilla)).

It would be a tremendous amount of work. Considering the fact that the level design is regarded as one of the weaker points of D2016, it certainly begs the question as to whether the sheer amount of time and energy to do this would be worth it in the end, beyond the novelty of it.   

I disagree. I would like to see a vanilla rendition of Doom 2016 levels. Despite the map limitations I think it would be viable and a fun experience. Vanilla maps also can be impressive when you get used to the VPOs and HOMs limits.

Edited by Noiser