Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MassiveEdgelord

Do you do any drugs?

i just smoke weed and thats it. im lucky that cigarettes make me feel sick to my stomach so i can't get hooked on them lol

14 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

Drugs drugs or "drugs" drugs?

Because in my student days I was a hardcore psychonaut, exploring all kinds of weird mindspaces on all kinds of molecules that almost looked like natural neurotransmitters.

both

1 hour ago, Flesh420 said:

I've learned the hard way one can never trust a person that doesn't do drugs—good ones.

as it was said in another topic, playing 25+ y.o. videogame is a kind of addiction. so we have a great company here, i guess...

1 hour ago, ketmar said:

as it was said in another topic, playing 25+ y.o. videogame is a kind of addiction. so we have a great company here, i guess...

Fire and brim stone I will be at your side, my friend.  Slug/buckshot loaded.

Edited by Flesh420

Coffee every morning, alcohol once a week average but very unlikely to drink lots of it.

Never have taken any weed or other substances.

I play Doom, it is so good, there are so many interesting levels, how do I stop? My wife would prefer to spend all my free time with her, but doom is sometimes more fun than her interests. I also drink coffee few times a week and rarely some alcohol.

Have never, will never. Never even been drunk. Came close a couple of times, did not enjoy the feeling. I used to enjoy the occasional beer or wine but now I can't even remember the last time I had either. Prefer to keep my wits (such as they are) about me. Playing guitar, games, working out and an ability to be easily amused helps me stay... basically sane.

15 hours ago, Chezza said:

Coffee every morning, alcohol once a week average but very unlikely to drink lots of it.

I forgot to mention coffee. Ya I have about three cups a day on average. I don't remember the last time I had a beer. Really don't drink all that often.

take meds for big sad brain and drink like a pot of coffee a day is all I do now

used to be a chainsmoker, a huge pot-head and drink like a fish.

stopped it all when I quit enjoying it lol

Done mushrooms a couple times(highly recommend)

done salvia and dmt.

Used to smoke hashish, then stopped smoking and ate it instead, later stopped that too. Tried some ecstasy some couple times, but didn't like it that much. Former friend forced me to eat some magic mushrooms (also I have mushroom phobia (any kind), was such a bad friend). Smoked cigarettes from age 13 to 16. Sometimes I drink some beer (chocolate tasting beer is so good), prefer not to drink so much I'd get a hangover next day.

Coffee daily, tea almost daily, chocolate daily. Then I have 3 prescription drugs, but they don't make me drugged. I guess I'm also a bit of a gym (and other exercise) addict, was at the gym 4 times previous week (and today, probably tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too). I play computer games, but not so much it would be an addiction.

I totally understand the position of not taking any drugs, or at least taking as few as possible if we're considering minor stuff like caffeine or aspirin. Keeping your mind clear and your body healthy is the obvious choice if longevity and rational/predictable decision making is your aim.

With that said, one thing I'll never understand are the people who eat processed food, fast food or sugary drinks that cause diabetes, then turn around and try to high-road about how clean and pure they are for not (consciously) taking drugs. The only people who get to high-road me about 'body purity' are the vegans and vegetarians, con sarnit.

Hell, I'm a huge Zappa fan and he was one of the few 60's guitarists who tried to inform people what rampant drug use can do to you. He saw people he knew for years become drug addled. The funny thing is, he was a cigarette smoking and coffee drinking machine. He was pro legalization though, after all locking someone up merely for consuming a substance is completely reprehensible.

Anyway, to cut my rambling, yeah I smoke weed and used to smoke cigarettes, but I'm pretty much off the cancer sticks at this point. I also have a beer here or there, but not much

EDIT: I've taken LSD and mushrooms a handful of times throughout my life with about a couple years in between each trip. Sometimes it's a nice way to keep things in perspective and feel a bit more connected with all the life around you. A great 'once in a blue moon' experience. They're finally starting to look at LSD from a more medical perspective, the stigma around it is slowly but surely eroding!

Sorry for being ignorance. Alcohol counts as drugs?

Right now I only take some pills for my liver. That's it.

by the way, if we consider "fastfood" as a form of addiction, then i am really addicted. no joking here, i really love fastfood. not only because i don't have to cook it, it is yummy!

also, smoking 1.5-2 packs of cigarettes per day. that is, 30-40. if i have to choose what to buy, food or cigarettes (not a rare choice for me, i must confess), i'll go for latter.

Pretty much anything you do or consume can be addictive. If it triggers the right reactions in your brain, your brain is going to respond to that and want more. Volia, addiction (more or less).

I guess you could say I'm addicted to Coca-Cola, but rarely is there anyone that doesn't drink it, at least in a regular basis, around my region. I try to drink it as little as I can, but so far have been unsuccessful in stopping. But being that it's so common, that's not very interesting. At least it's not alcohol -- I'm not legally allowed to buy those drinks yet, but that doesn't mean I can't acquire them. Any newsstand nearby would probably sell them to anyone without asking for ID. The only time I drank any was to impress my ex-girlfriend.

Apart from that, I smoked a max of 5 cigarettes when I was 14, and turned down on them because I wasn't feeling any effect at all; I was still stressed as all hell.

I think pcp, ketamine, salvia, and meth are the only 4 common type drugs I haven't extensively explored. Nobody should ever touch opiates. Alcohol and weed are the only 2 i touch these days. Alcohol is a funny one for me cuz I'll either wake up the next day like normal or I'll come to the next week like "wtf have I been doing?" surrounded by various bottles with even more in my hidey holes. It's one of the most panic inducing things ever. I also vape. Quit smoking a pack a day bout 7 months ago. I was on Zoloft for about 8 months before I had a major relapse on the booze. The month or so I spent tapering off of that was scary as fuck cuz it made my blackouts much more uhh dangerous.

on occasion i smoke weed, ive taken lsd once and had a bad trip. I have also sipped lean before, didnt really like that either. Have been offered cocaine by an old friend but turned it down, im not trying to die

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

With that said, one thing I'll never understand are the people who eat processed food, fast food or sugary drinks that cause diabetes, then turn around and try to high-road about how clean and pure they are for not (consciously) taking drugs. The only people who get to high-road me about 'body purity' are the vegans and vegetarians, con sarnit.

Coming from someone who is Straight Edge, it's two different things. The argument against drugs is that drugs alter the mind, so some people (like me) would rather not engage in that. Fast food and shitty sugary drinks are easily-accessible and -most importantly- thought of as "cheap". Granted eating Micky D's really isn't cheap compared to actual meals, but that's a result of America's gutting of education. 

Potato chips are vegan too. You still have to exercise common sense and make good food choices! 

Caffeine and the occasional aspirin (usually due to lack of caffeine). A daily multivitamin because my diet isn't the best, but that doesn't count as a drug.

One side of my family were the druggies and the other were the drunks, so I wound up avoiding both. Got clam-baked a handful of times as a teenager, but never progressed to toking up.

I wouldn't quite describe myself as straight edge per se since it can have the wrong connotation among some people, but I definitely don't feel like I need to partake in drugs or anything like that. Even though it could enhance my creative side, I'd rather not. Seen what both of those can do to people.

21 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

I wouldn't quite describe myself as straight edge per se since it can have the wrong connotation among some people, but I definitely don't feel like I need to partake in drugs or anything like that. Even though it could enhance my creative side, I'd rather not. Seen what both of those can do to people.

Good call. Even something as "mild" as weed can screw with brain chemistry in certain people. Someone I know has a masters in psychology and has spent their career helping people overcome addiction, helped ex or rather soon to be ex cons on rehabilitation programs, all that stuff. They have been on the front lines and sorry to anyone who believes weed is harmless, it is absolutely not. You personally might be able to manage it fine, but things affect different people in different ways. If you have the wrong brain chemistry, weed will absolutely do some damage.

2 hours ago, Juza said:

turned down on them because I wasn't feeling any effect at all; I was still stressed as all hell.

Yeah I think you will find most of the stress cigarettes "fix" is nicotine withdrawal. In other words, the "solution" causes the problem.

2 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Good call. Even something as "mild" as weed can screw with brain chemistry in certain people. Someone I know has a masters in psychology and has spent their career helping people overcome addiction, helped ex or rather soon to be ex cons on rehabilitation programs, all that stuff. They have been on the front lines and sorry to anyone who believes weed is harmless, it is absolutely not. You personally might be able to manage it fine, but things affect different people in different ways. If you have the wrong brain chemistry, weed will absolutely do some damage.

Yeah. Conversely, though, some people manage to do really well with it.

Rodney Dangerfield smoked joints daily for like 50+ years, and he certainly was able to be functional. People like that, I don't mind - it's the stoners who just stay in their little spot and get baked daily with no ambition or plan for life that I don't get.

1 minute ago, Dark Pulse said:

Yeah. Conversely, though, some people manage to do really well with it.

Rodney Dangerfield smoked joints daily for like 50+ years, and he certainly was able to be functional. People like that, I don't mind - it's the stoners who just stay in their little spot and get baked daily with no ambition or plan for life that I don't get.

Yes absolutely. I remember a lady I worked with telling me weed helped her focus. She passed critical exams when she was a teenager while baked. I found that kind of funny. I tried to imagine the TV ads. "Use Thompson's Weed for those important exams!" then you would see a kid light up, puff, grin like an idiot, then get scribbling. Then you get the stoner losers like you say. And on the extreme end a roommate I had years ago actually got violent when he got stoned.