Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skootroot

Dose DOOM 2016 run well on Nintendo Switch?

I might get a Switch and might get DOOM with it but I don't know if it will have some stutters while playing like chugging frames or weird controls

16 hours ago, Skootroot said:

I might get a Switch and might get DOOM with it but I don't know if it will have some stutters while playing like chugging frames or weird controls

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/doom

It seems the switch version is the version with the "worst" visuals due to the very moderate horsepower available in a switch and indeed in general in a nintendo console, the wii consoles were also very low performance wise.

I would suggest that if you want to play Doom 2016, then get a Ryzen system.. I made one recently for very little money, just by using a motherboard with the A320 chipset, a Ryzen 3 2200G and 2 sticks of 8 GB of DDR4 2400 MHz modules plus a PSU, SSD, keyboard, mouse and monitor that I happended to have laying around anyway...

Even a low end APU (CPU with integrated GPU) solution like that, even with a low end motherboard and low end memory, can play doom 2016 at 60 FPS, if the detail level is set to a mediumish level (assuming the switch version will be similar to the lowest setting in a best case scenario)

For me, it depends on a couple of things. First, where do you do most of your gaming? The Switch is a good choice if you something you can throw in your bag and play when you're away from home.

The other question is are you only buying this for Doom? If you're a fan of Nintendo games, the Switch might be a good buy anyway, as it has exclusives like Smash Bros, Splatoon etc, but if you're not interested in those then a PC would serve you better.

But as the above post said, if you're buying it *just* for Doom, and you do most of your gaming at home, then you could probably build a capable enough PC for about the price of a new Switch.

30 minutes ago, Jewellds said:

First, where do you do most of your gaming?

I usually play on PC and PS4, but Nah I'm not getting a switch just to play DOOM I'm getting other Switch games with it, I already own DOOM for PC and the PS4... I just want to be able to play when I travel with family or something