Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4everDoomed

Forum- ranks / titles...

I just stumbled upon reflex17's profile while browsing through the film name game. I noticed him being "Evil Member" which made me curious. Posting for the 666th time... !!! 

Congrats,- by the way, that's a very cool happening. Usually your title changes with the amount of your statements, but there seem to be more "easter eggs" hidden in between. I was a "nice member" a few weeks ago, just for one day and I still don't know what caused that... 

So, is there any list or whatever else about how to get various titles or what happens when .....? Or is it all just a big surprise for most of us....

Cheers! 

gh.png

I don't remember the specifics of it, but for must users their custom title is bound to the number of posts they've made on the site. Your custom title becomes "Evil Member" when your content count is exactly 666 (as you've noticed).

There's lots of different titles for different content counts, though if you're lucky (or unlucky) enough an admin might take note of a particular thing you've said or something someone else has said about you and permanently change your custom title to that.

I remember someone posted a table showing the different custom titles that correspond with each range of content counts in a different thread a while ago, but I can't find it right now.

Also, it seems that newer members tend to bring up the topic of how custom titles work on a semi-regular basis.

Yes, the ranks usually change depending on your post count, and there's more fun stuff that comes with that sometimes, such as Evil Member, Dank Marine, Forgotten Member, and so on.

Also, depending on one's attitude on DW and/or their contributions/community/Doom-related achievements, they might end up with their title getting manually changed by an admin permanently, for better or worse (see Revenant100's, Kaiser's, Lizardcommando's, rdwpa's, hardcore_gamer's, or Xaser's titles for example).

6 hours ago, 4everDoomed said:

I was a "nice member" a few weeks ago, just for one day and I still don't know what caused that...

69 posts.

6 hours ago, 4everDoomed said:

I just stumbled upon reflex17's profile while browsing through the film name game. I noticed him being "Evil Member" which made me curious. Posting for the 666th time... !!! 

I have no idea what you're talking about, rumors and hearsay, the picture is obviously photoshopped look you can see many pixel, <_<

Spoiler

1 hour ago, seed said:

Yes, the ranks usually change depending on your post count, and there's more fun stuff that comes with that sometimes, such as Evil Member, Dank Marine, Forgotten Member, and so on.

I recently hit Dank Marine. And a while ago I was briefly Boney Marine, and as someone explained to me it was likely when I reached a content count of 206 because there's 206 bones in the human body. 

0 - Registered Lurker
1 - Registered just to make one post
1 to 9 - Newbie
10 to 29 - Warming Up
30 to 49 - Green Marine
50 to 99 - Mini-Member
100 to 249 - Junior Member
250 to 499 - Member
500 to 999 - Forum Regular
1000 to 1999 - Senior Member
2000 to 2999 - Forum Staple
3000 to 3999 - Forum Spammer
4000 to 4999 - Forum Legend
5000 and over - Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

That's a weird ranking system for titles, but I like it. Seems fun, but I'm just waiting to change mine (probably won't happen cuz I'll just go back to lurking instead before that happens, but I don't mind).

Yea, I think there's inaccuracies in that list as well, over 5000 posts and counting, but still Forum Spammer (not like it isn't accurate though :p).

On 12/4/2019 at 9:43 PM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

I'm pretty sure there's an easter egg title that is "boner member". I don't remember what which point I got it, but I remember it existing.

A reference to each human's 206 bones IIRC
Also, yeah, for those above, the quote is from @Ichor in the 2000s, might be inaccurate now, but the first few are still very much correct.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:27 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Spammer and Legend have been swapped. Both Registered to make one post and Newbie have been called "New Member" now.

I'm quoting one of my old posts about this topic. Keep in mind that this one is already 4 years old, though: 

= Basic Titles (still working on it) =
0 ~ 9 : Newbie
10 ~ 29 : Warming Up
30 ~ 49 : Green Marine
50 ~ 99 : Mini-Member
100 ~ 249 : Junior Member
250 ~ 666 : Member
667 ~ 999 : Forum Regular
1000 ~ 2499 : Senior Member
2500 ~ 3999 : Forum Staple
4000 ~ 5499 : Forum Legend
5500 ~ 6999 : Forum Spammer
7000 ~ ∞ : Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

= For particular post counts =
* 0 : Registered Lurker
* 1 : Registered just to make one post
* 50 : Pistol Start
* 206 : Bony Member
* 666 : Evil Member
* 911 : Forgotten Member
* 1210 : Doomed Member
* 5150 : Par for the course

= For particular reasons =
* Did something really stupid : Loser
* Did something even more and more stupid : Banned
* Did something extraordinary remarkable, regardless of good or bad, Or you've just won the event : "custom title"

I'm intrigued by the change to the "Forum Staple" rank. As I remember it, after the whole "Forum Stapler" thing with my custom title, it was changed to "Forum Staple" as a custom title, rather than a default rank. I wonder if that survived the change in forum software and the inflation of posting requirements, or if I'll stay a Staple even if/when I hit 4000 posts (which can't be inconceivable at this point), which is what happened when I got to 3000 IIRC.

17 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

Does the Loser forum still exist? I haven't seen a member with the title for a long time.

I think Post Hell technically still exists too, as I'm sometimes still seeing it mentioned in notifications for topics that get trashed by the time I check them out, but hidden.

...Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

I always thought, that phrase was actually a custom title that somebody chose to make a joke out of it....Too bad I've been fooled all this time, haha

I remember that someone was actually given the title Forum Stapler as joke, I just can't remember who it was.

Edited by Avoozl

9 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

So if there's all these forum staples, my question is who, exactly, is the forum stapler?

My guess would probably be the forum software itself, Invision Community :p

As I mentioned above, that was me. I believe I got it in response to saying how cool it was to be a staple.

The only way to get a custom title is to do something stupid, or ask nicely.

10 minutes ago, rf` said:

The only way to get a custom title is to do something stupid, or ask nicely.

Or participate in a Doomworld event.

32 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Or participate in a Doomworld event.

Or make seriously cool stuff that's deemed as very noteworthy.

5 hours ago, UndeadRyker said:

My guess would probably be the forum software itself, Invision Community :p

Forum Stapler, not Forum Red Green-Approved Duct Tape.