Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyDoomer

[TAS] The Ultimate Doom done Pacifist + Reality (23:26)

Just now, Dimon12321 said:

Will you post it on TASVideos? I am 95% sure it's gonna be accepted.

Not sure, it's a pretty unripe run, not only there are no notable challenges in this particular episode (such as mandatory kills), but it also kind of violates its own ruleset in the end lol. Episodes 2 and 4 are going to be more interesing, if i ever finish them

Nice work, this is great! I can't imagine how many times you must have experimented with punching on different tics to roll the rng here. 

14 minutes ago, ClumsyDoomer said:

Episodes 2 and 4 are going to be more interesing, if i ever finish them

I was actually just earlier today reading a comment by ZM on his E2M6 UV-Pacifist TAS - "ClumsyDoomer was working on a reality tas for ep2 when he ran into trouble on this level for obvious reasons." Have you found a way to make it work, or is that the "pretty nasty obstacle further into the run" you refer to?

3 hours ago, almostmatt1 said:

Nice work, this is great! I can't imagine how many times you must have experimented with punching on different tics to roll the rng here. 

I was actually just earlier today reading a comment by ZM on his E2M6 UV-Pacifist TAS - "ClumsyDoomer was working on a reality tas for ep2 when he ran into trouble on this level for obvious reasons." Have you found a way to make it work, or is that the "pretty nasty obstacle further into the run" you refer to?

That's the obstacle... the nearest one, at least. There's a couple of options, wasted lots of time without success on one and haven't really tried anohter

On 12/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, ClumsyDoomer said:

That's the obstacle... the nearest one, at least. There's a couple of options, wasted lots of time without success on one and haven't really tried anohter

So, practically, it's impossible to perform a Void Glide trick of the closer wall corner without a rocket boost because it doesn't form a 45-degree angle?

Spoiler

E2-M6-VG-new-route.png

Edited by Dimon12321 : Switch image host to free DW attachment space

Awesome stuff! Do you think E1 UV Max Reality is possible in TAS? I recently gave it a couple of attempts non TAS and found a roadblock on E1M3, but eventually managed to reach E1M9 which seems impossible due to a large unavoidable nukage section.

Reality max seems impossible, then again there's the controversial final monster closet on e1m8

No idea about the void glide, it still sounds like black magic to me. Never have managed it myself, boosted or not

At least it's possible

The episodes get progressively harder, and this one took 30-40 hours (mainly e2m6 and e2m8, which i decided to cheese but still). Just trying to imagine what making e4 will be like gives me shivers, lol

E2M1 - 0:33.89 (0:33)  K: 10/54   I: 0/16  S: 0/4  
E2M2 - 0:14.77 (0:47)  K:  0/103  I: 1/48  S: 0/12 
E2M3 - 0:25.74 (1:12)  K:  1/72   I: 4/31  S: 1/6  
E2M4 - 0:35.31 (1:47)  K:  0/69   I: 0/46  S: 1/10 
E2M5 - 0:24.89 (2:11)  K:  1/112  I: 0/40  S: 0/10 
E2M6 - 0:38.29 (2:49)  K:  3/111  I: 1/31  S: 0/3  
E2M7 - 0:08.63 (2:57)  K:  0/95   I: 1/27  S: 0/6  
E2M8 - 6:40.49 (9:37)  K:  1/1    I: 0/2   S: 0/0  
Spoiler

e2xpr937.zip

Sorry for a stupid question, but why you were messing around with the demon instead of just running straight to the void glide angle (the one you have used afterwards) on E2M6?

Beautiful stuff. Now do nightmare realistic.

JK, but looking forward to E3 and E4, hopefully you'll get there.

12 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

Sorry for a stupid question, but why you were messing around with the demon instead of just running straight to the void glide angle (the one you have used afterwards) on E2M6?

I may be wrong, but I think he's using it to glide off it for some extra speed? I'm not sure whether you can avoid damage in that section otherwise since it's such a long distance to travel.

23 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

The void glide place is behind a closed door, need to press a switch in the acid area to progress

And yeah, it's not possible at all to get there on your own without taking damage. Even this setup is just ~0.1 units away, and really not much could be done to improve it further 

Frankly, episode 2 might be a lot faster on NM, lol. Maybe even sub 8 minutes.

Really nice run, especially through the crowded areas like the end of E1M1! Are you planning to do E4?

The grand finale of the meme tetralogy

E4M1 - 0:20.00 (0:20)  
E4M2 - 0:16.40 (0:36)  
E4M3 - 0:08.71 (0:44) 
E4M4 - 0:25.97 (1:09)  
E4M5 - 0:29.63 (1:38)  
E4M6 - 2:14.94 (3:52)  
E4M7 - 0:08.91 (4:00)   
E4M8 - 1:13.71 (5:13)   
Spoiler

Surprisingly short. The summed time is 23:26

e4xpr513.zip

Amazing job! I've really enjoyed all four of these. How did you get the Cyberdemon to not fire for so long in the infighting on E4M6?

Thanks. Every time the cyber was about to shoot, i scrolled back several frames and got myself in its way to make it move in a different direction. Changing the movement = the cheapest way to affect the RNG and postpone the attack. If that didn't work, i tried swinging the fist, but that's mainly used for manipulating the cacos, so it's rarely an option. If nothing worked, i desperately tried both things in hopes to force pain state on the cyber