Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

The 2019 Cacowards

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to the organizers for putting it together. Every year seems to get better and the talent of the community leaves me nearly speechless. Big round of applause, congrats and thanks to Jimmy for being an absolute legend. To me the name Jimmy goes almost hand in hand with 'Doom', his works are so widespread and consistent through the years. Can't think of anyone more deserving. 

Congrats to all the stalwart winners. A bit of a sorry tale that i haven't played a lot of releases this year, however the write-ups are great and provide at least a bit of a summary of all i've missed. I'm quite happy @Paul977 received some attention, the runners up is well deserved. Also grats to Mr. Duff for snatching a shiny Caco.

Congratulations to all of the winners. I'll have to catch up on a lot, but Eviternity is a classic and Hell-Forged is creative and fantastic. Shotgun Symphony is a great showcase for Doom 1 difficulty, especially with the sneakily dangerous shotgunner. And of course congratulations and thanks to Jimmy for all of his work in the community. It's always been a treat hearing his stuff from Plutonia 2 to Sigil, and to me his music has become as synonymous with Doom as Bobby Prince's.

Finely Crafted Fetish Film was a release I totally forgot about...how could I let myself! After all Ribbiks snatched Cacowards in 2013. Then again in 2015. Then again in 2017....so the conclusion ought to have been obvious...right...?

Entropy also something I'd forgotten about, and I'd heard of Phobos but don't follow Doom 3 a lot...the other 19 though were definitely ones I'd seen a lot about over the past year, and Eviternity shall surpass Scythe II as the biggest shoe-in ever!

Honorable snubs (released by end of October), aka 'I wish I saw this but not because what I did see doesn't deserve it too': SPECTRUM by @Capellan, Sinergy by @Crunchynut44 (plenty of UD this year!), Mapwich by @Bridgeburner56  @Insane_Gazebo et al. (and the special article - what a great surprise BTW - even has a community project feature that omits it...), Hurt by @elend, Mass Extinction by @nicolas monti. To name a few.

Edited by FrancisT18

Thanks to the organizers for doing all this. Very fun to read, some well deserved praise and some interesting mentions, which I have yet to check out. Congratulations to Jimmy and Ukiro especially. Well deserved.

Edited by elend : fixed a typo

But where EVERY official Sonic game of the past 15 years has failed to capture the magic of the original series

Strawman.

Congratulations to all winners! I'm especially happy about Eviternity and Paradise getting cacowards, incredibly well deserved.

I'm also really grateful for my Alienated getting a runner up :)

Congratulations in particular to Jimmy, but certainly to all recipients and indeed, the authors!

It's a strange one this year for me. I've barely played any of the awardees, but reading through the article was enough to convince me that they were justified in being highlighted and placed on a pedestal for the future. One day, I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Eviternity was the best .wad of the year. Absolutely mind blowing stuff. And thanks to Jimmy for all your awesome music and not to mention maps as well.

At least SIGIL was in the runner ups.

Congrats everyone, good job.

I must say, I was slightly surprised by the results, but more-or-less they were predictable.

Happy birthday to doom and congrats to all the cacoward winners!

Although I am surprised that Sigil didn't get the 11th cacoward like "Tech gone bad" did in 2016.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:22 AM, Crunchynut44 said:

If Sigil doesnt get the first page all to itself I'm going on a hunger strike.

Oh no!!