Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

10 hours ago, sponge said:

The textures and audio have been altered to replace Nazi references instead of the empty wall texture, and the original sprite and monster placement has been restored. This should be present in this next update that includes the curated add-ons. There's a bunch more to this update that hasn't been covered yet, and along with 60FPS, I'm hopeful this will address most of the issues that have built up throughout the years of console Doom ports since the first Xbox

Thank you! That's awesome, looking forward to seeing what else the next update brings.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, Jimmy said:

Jesus Christ how does this stuff keep happening to me.

Must be the hair, who knows?

You make very good stuff Jimmy!

On 12/25/2019 at 6:27 AM, sponge said:

The textures and audio have been altered to replace Nazi references instead of the empty wall texture, and the original sprite and monster placement has been restored. This should be present in this next update that includes the curated add-ons. There's a bunch more to this update that hasn't been covered yet, and along with 60FPS, I'm hopeful this will address most of the issues that have built up throughout the years of console Doom ports since the first Xbox

I hope theres some new trophies/achievements for Final Doom, No Rest for the Living, and MAYBE Sigil, that will entice a lot of people to come back and play. Its a bit sad, but there is a lot of people that wont come back unless they have 'incentive', and with Final Doom and NRFTL at least, all previous ports had trophies for beating these episodes :p

Im still hoping for the berserk bug being fixed, along with the restoration of the D-pad weapon switching from the PS3 version

18 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Im still hoping for the berserk bug being fixed

What berserk bug?

If you have a chainsaw, it makes the berserk power up very limited use, you cannot switch back to the fist after switching to a different weapon. It effectively makes the berserk last until you pull a gun out, because even with berserk, you can't select the fist. 

No new achievements/trophies. I’m not sure if we can just add more without it being tied to a DLC. It might be weird since they’re not shipped with the game, I’m not certain of the specifics. 

You will be able to select fists and chainsaw separately, and much more quickly than before. Same with dpad, but we don’t double up weapons on non-shotguns. I’m pretty happy with how fast you can get to weapons now on controller. 

3 hours ago, sponge said:

No new achievements/trophies. I’m not sure if we can just add more without it being tied to a DLC. It might be weird since they’re not shipped with the game, I’m not certain of the specifics. 

You will be able to select fists and chainsaw separately, and much more quickly than before. Same with dpad, but we don’t double up weapons on non-shotguns. I’m pretty happy with how fast you can get to weapons now on controller. 

Thank you for adding D-pad weapon support! Got blasted by archvile I didnt remember being there the other night in a trap because I couldn't bring up a BFG fast enough with the shoulder buttons after being ambushed.

Im not sure how trophy adding works as ive only worked on PC development, but I know many games get away with new trophies in a mere title update, so was wondering if it would apply here too. Would draw some completionists back in :p

On the offchance these havent been reported; have the monster's incorrect death sounds and the save game load bug been fixed? (Rarely I would load a save after launching the game, only to have the game crash, I sent a crash report to Sony every time this happened. I have been alternating save slots ever since.)

On 12/22/2019 at 12:10 AM, Lollie said:

Because despite the new console Doom's initial launch issues, its developers are working towards making certain features dead simple for players to use. Custom WADs are a big feature for console releases: It is hugely convenient to be able to download new wads (via an officially curated list!) directly through Doom's menu with just a couple clicks, and load them without having to manually reload the entire game. Having this new official port available on PC would signify that Bethesda and Nerve are taking Classic Doom more seriously, and might signify that bigger features are on the horizon — multiplayer being the main one. Imagine being able to just invite friends into a Doom session via your Steam friends-list.

Another thing to consider is also GOG Galaxy 2.0 as well, seeing that GOG has been slowly implementing features that Steam has (online multiplayer, friends list) and even cross-platform support, so you could possibly invite your friends from Steam or whichever PC platform you can get classic Doom and play with them as well from GOG Galaxy. Something I would like to see from these new versions of classic Doom is however the ability to manually add them offline from WAD files I already have in my collection if they are supported.

Edited by AmethystViper : Condensing my post

A few weeks ago I convinced a friend of mine to buy Doom on the PS4 and we played split screen. The two main problems were the small viewports and the low/inconsistent framerate.

@sponge

Can the player viewports be side-by-side or horizontally split? His TV screen is humongous but we were struggling to see. Thanks for the great work, in any case!

Most new games seem to add trophies into a different list that's associated with that DLC/update.

DOOM (2016) and 'Spider-Man' both did this.

Though , to be fair I can't say I'm fussed. I'm just dying to play SIGIL and Final DOOM.

10 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Just make sure TNT is the patched version ;p

Ya, I really wonder what version of Final Doom will be used. The updated one was only ever used in an anthology, and on GOG.

It wouldn't be too surprising if it ends up being the original with the infamous yellow key bug on a secret level and some broken teleporters in Plutonia.

Which version of Final DOOM was used for DOOM Classic Complete on the PS3? I'd imagine they'd use that wouldn't they seeing as its already been on console?

19 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Which version of Final DOOM was used for DOOM Classic Complete on the PS3? I'd imagine they'd use that wouldn't they seeing as its already been on console?

I think that version was the original (older one), and it was also similar to the BFG Edition, so it had censored elements (+ NRFTL).

Apart from the physical id Anthology set, I don't think the updated version of Final Doom was ever released outside of GOG.

4 minutes ago, seed said:

I think that version was the original (older one), and it was also similar to the BFG Edition, so it also had censored elements (+ NRFTL).

Apart from the physical id Anthology set, I don't think the updated version of Final Doom was ever released outside of GOG.

Makes sense as that was released a good while ago and is no longer available since the new pots were released. 

Only time will tell on this one. 

3 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Classic Complete was a fixed TNT version. However sponge and Co did not use the Master Levels combined wad from that release, so there is a chance it might slip through the cracks as they seem to not be using the old version resources. Hence why I'm bringing it up :D

On that note, hopefully No Rest for the Living will have the XBLA music track order that the PS3 and PC release of BFF Edition broke. 

Excellent work.

Back when I went through NRFTL I always thought the lack of any red skies in the Hell maps was odd, glad this was addressed :).

4 hours ago, sponge said:

Should be the id Anthology version of both TNT and Plutonia, with the edits made for green health packs. NRFTL should have the correct music tracks, too. (I also changed the sky in the NRFTL hell levels to the hell sky, since I added swapping skies through metadata now.)

Excellent news  :)
Your definitely making the best console port of Doom that has ever been made, keep up the good work :D

Maybe this specific version of the engine can already handle it, but there's another bug on TNT map31 that's still present in the Anthology version but fixed in tnt31.wad and the Classic Complete version. Even if it's the Anthology version being used, it probably would have been caught anyway, because I'm pretty sure the initial Switch/etc. release already fixed a map that had issues with nodes or reject or something along those lines, but I still felt the need to bring it up just in case.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:16 PM, sponge said:

Should be the id Anthology version of both TNT and Plutonia, with the edits made for green health packs. NRFTL should have the correct music tracks, too. (I also changed the sky in the NRFTL hell levels to the hell sky, since I added swapping skies through metadata now.)

This is great to hear, especially since GOG owners like myself have the entire Doom series and NRFTL from Doom 3: BFG Edition available on GOG (though I do have Doom II on Steam). I hope we can see this on PC along with the console versions.

1 hour ago, Szuran said:

Where do I sign to get a notification when this update goes live?

I'm literally checking for updates everyday LOL

On 1/1/2020 at 5:46 AM, SiFi270 said:

Maybe this specific version of the engine can already handle it, but there's another bug on TNT map31 that's still present in the Anthology version but fixed in tnt31.wad and the Classic Complete version. Even if it's the Anthology version being used, it probably would have been caught anyway, because I'm pretty sure the initial Switch/etc. release already fixed a map that had issues with nodes or reject or something along those lines, but I still felt the need to bring it up just in case.

As SiFi270 says here, there's still a problem with the id Anthology tnt.wad (though that plutonia.wad is totally good), however merging tnt31.wad into it would fix that.

Thanks for working to make thing right, Sponge.   Good to see someone cares what they're doing.

Here's a post I made over on the Slayers Club with more specifics if you haven't seen it: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/376593/best-correct-version-of-tnt-and-plutonia-wads?language[]=en

(I've been using the name Gokuma for Doom editing since 1997 but someone took the name before me on Bethesda.net.   So if you do see a Gokuma there, that's not me.)