Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

2 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

No, they physically lost the key. And private keys can't be restored. As far as I'm aware there isn't a single rights issue regarding Prey.

Hm, alright, but then how do you get out of this mess?

Just now, seed said:

Hm, alright, but then how do you get out of this mess?

You would have to go back to the games codebase and replace/remove the cd key authentication. Same problem as Doom3.

@Man of Doom, I thought Bethesda was a bit lazy and didn't want to add too much WADs with many creators, but they did, so that could lead to more WADs with more custom textures! I'm so excited!

That's wholesome.

Is it identical to the PC version or has it been altered in some capacity, like NEIS was?

FWIW, officially we're just calling this release "BTSX Episode 1". "Better Texturing with Startan X" was a last-minute gag addition to the titlescreen, since it felt a bit empty without anything there.

26 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

FWIW, officially we're just calling this release "BTSX Episode 1". "Better Texturing with Startan X" was a last-minute gag addition to the titlescreen, since it felt a bit empty without anything there.

What I especially love is that Startan essentially becoming a meme texture is now canonically recorded in an official release of Doom.  Excellent stuff!

I didn't know I wanted BTSX on console nearly as much as I clearly did and do.

Excellent work, all involved. <3 

by the end of the year, there will be like 50 add-ons. I'm so psyched for what comes next! hopefully Scythe. 

15 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

by the end of the year, there will be like 50 add-ons. I'm so psyched for what comes next! hopefully Scythe. 

That's extremely unlikely to happen. Wads like Scythe have a number of authors who have dropped off from public contact. 

24 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

by the end of the year, there will be like 50 add-ons.

I'd expect about a dozen, top. The pace seems to be one more add-on every 40 days approximately.

TNT: Revilution, please!!!!!

Oh shit out that dehacked on last map, we need this mapset cananized, too!!!

I've concluded my conclusive analysis of the new Bethesda release of Back to Saturn X/BTSX/Better Texturing with Startan X. The following comprises the notable changes.

BTSX is provided as a single WAD file as opposed to the original release having been split into two WADs. This is due to the new Bethesda version now being an IWAD rather than a PWAD. As such, it includes many more original IWAD assets.

Some changes in the embedded WADINFO lump indicate its version as "1.1.4i (IWAD Edition)". All text instances of "Back to Saturn X" have been replaced with "BTSX", and the original loading instructions have been replaced with a "DO NOT DISTRIBUTE" warning since it's an IWAD now.

As mentioned, all of the map names have been changed (except in the aforementioned WADINFO lump). Here's a text list of the alterations with originals on the left and replacements on the right:

Spoiler

Back to Saturn X Radio Report => BTSX Contractual Obligation
Postal Blowfish => Mortar Cavalry
The Room Taking Shape => Drilling By Night
A Good Flying Bird => Conceptual Birdbath
Total Exposure => No Enclosure
Mix Up The Satellite => Visplane Holding Zone
Metal Mothers => Arachnobeliever
Get Out Of My Stations I => Waiting
Some Drilling Implied => Offworld Dentistry
A Proud And Booming Industry => A Guide To Dynamite Carnivores
The Colossus Crawls West => Not Drawing The Mammoth
Underground Initiations => Subterranean Searcher
I'll Replace You With Machines => Keep Being Cryptic
Big Chief Chinese Restaurant => Runoff Fat From The Skygrill
Tricyclic Looper => Tesselation Cycle
Get Out Of My Stations II => Waiting II
Navigating Flood Regions => Johnwind Quesadilla
Cyclone Utilities (Remember Your Birthday) => The Annex
Bingo Pool Hall Of Blood => Christmas Golf Asphyxiation
U.S. Mustard Company => State Karate Supply
Failed Experiments and Trashed Aircraft => Trash and Sewer With Pestcontrol
Gonna Never Have To Die => Vesta Station
Get Out Of My Stations III => Waiting III
Tough Skin River => Within Reach
The Unsinkable Fats Domino => ???
Optical Hopscotch => Defenestrator
The Hard Way => The Terror Of Maniac High

The intermission text screens have all been removed. No replacements were included in their stead.

The menu graphics lumps were appropriately altered for the title change.

FKcFFL3.png

A few patches with text in them were edited for presumably the same reason as all the map names.

Ay9sbu7.png

hT6KCzU.png

MAP22 has been slightly updated with a few things moved and some sectors tweaked or removed. Most significantly, the fake Blue Keys that were previously put in jail have been replaced by screens indicating the status of a new laser grid system that protects the real Blue Key.

tuWTju3.png

And finally, as you can see in the previous image, the censored Red Cross Medikits and Stimpaks were copied over, as expected, but they weren't properly converted to the BTSX color palette, resulting in the shadows in the sprites appearing as deep red.

G7EW90q.png

All in all, this is most certainly the largest band-related massacre carried out by Bethesda yet!

Edited by Revenant100

3 minutes ago, Revenant100 said:

All in all, this is most certainly the largest band-related massacre carried out by Bethesda yet!

Bethesda don't make these changes. Wasn't this explained to you before? 

Are you suggesting that Hugo and/or Marty are not personally combing through every lump in every WAD that passes through the company?

19 minutes ago, Revenant100 said:

MAP22 has been slightly updated with a few things moved and some sectors tweaked or removed. Most significantly, the fake Blue Keys that were previously put in jail have been replaced by screens indicating the status of a new laser grid system that protects the real Blue Key.

tuWTju3.png

These were among the changes restored from earlier versions (along with a VPO fix). They accidentally got stomped in the earlier 1.x versions of E1 when MAP22 got mistakenly reverted to an old build. Because no matter how much we wish for it, BTSX is never done.

2 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Custom STATBAR support finally?

That's been there since... probably the first major update? If not since the start?

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

That's extremely unlikely to happen. Wads like Scythe have a number of authors who have dropped off from public contact. 

Edit: Nevermind I'm dumb.

Note that we ran into a last minute issue with it as an IWAD, so it's still technically a PWAD on Doom 2 only, but we're hoping to resolve this in the future.

2 minutes ago, SteelPH said:

Scythe has exactly two authors. Erik Alm and Torn.

You've forgotten the textures and music. Though probably not as bad as Scythe X.

@Gez and @Edward850 I was just saying that there will be more WADs in the future and how fun some WADs will be. 50 was just a hyperbole. 

1 hour ago, Revenant100 said:

tuWTju3.png

A minor bug, but the screen texture in the middle right doesn't seem to change to reflect the blue key bars being opened, where as the bottom right screen texture does as intended. Tried in Crispy and Eternity.

Edit: Just realised this wasn't the BTSX thread, but the console ports thread.

In addition to the medikits, the health bonus graphic in extras.wad hasn't been replaced with a properly converted version. The other two graphics for automap stats look fine as they are though.

I just realized BTSX also uses full sprite rotations for the zombies and imps.

pretty neat but damn, it would be neat for that to be included in other addons and vanilla as well.

14 hours ago, StoneMason said:

A minor bug, but the screen texture in the middle right doesn't seem to change to reflect the blue key bars being opened, where as the bottom right screen texture does as intended. Tried in Crispy and Eternity.

Edit: Just realised this wasn't the BTSX thread, but the console ports thread.

Huh, I've just tested the again in Eternity in both possible orders you can do those switches in, and it's working for me here on the 1.1.5 build posted on Doomworld...

1 hour ago, ZeroTheEro said:

I just realized BTSX also uses full sprite rotations for the zombies and imps.

pretty neat but damn, it would be neat for that to be included in other addons and vanilla as well.

Adding in the full sprite rotations to the base game is a QoL improvement I would expect almost universal support for (and if in doubt, maybe have it as a togglable option in the settings for purists).

1 hour ago, esselfortium said:

Huh, I've just tested the again in Eternity in both possible orders you can do those switches in, and it's working for me here on the 1.1.5 build posted on Doomworld...

Just did some more testing. It seems to work fine with -nomonsters, and if I use the nuke console command in Eternity with monsters. But for whatever reason with alive monsters on all difficulties, it doesn't work for me. Tried redownloading, but no change. It doesn't negatively impact gameplay in any way, at least.

5 minutes ago, StoneMason said:

Just did some more testing. It seems to work fine with -nomonsters, and if I use the nuke console command in Eternity with monsters. But for whatever reason with alive monsters on all difficulties, it doesn't work for me. Tried redownloading, but no change. It doesn't negatively impact gameplay in any way, at least.

Argh, it's the ancient pharaoh's mapping curse. Thanks for the report.