Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

Hope this means that we'll be able to play Custom megawads in the future.

Also, I hope they add the plutonia MIDI pack as an addon for the addon. I can't play plutonia without the Midi pack anymore.

Honestly never thought I'd see the day. Wow. It's gonna be bizarre playing Plutonia's Hunted on an Xbox One. Even more bizarre to play Sigil on it. I'm honestly stoked for this. A shame I wasn't able to watch the stream

11 minutes ago, Mortrixs19 said:

Hope this means that we'll be able to play Custom megawads in the future.

According to the conversation over on Resetera, they also stated it would extend to select custom megawads.

2 minutes ago, Bauul said:

According to the conversation over on Resetera, they also stated it would extend to select custom megawads.

How exactly will this work? Will id have to ask permission from users? Or do they have the rights to use any community works?

So that livestream mentioned something about periodically updating the list to include other megawads and mappacks. Besides No Left for the Living, does that mean they'll eventually go through different commercial megawads like Perdition's Gate and Master Levels and then eventually pre-source port era megawads like Requiem and Memento Mori 1 and 2?

8 minutes ago, Lizardcommando said:

Master Levels 

That's been available since launch. :P

2 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

How exactly will this work? Will id have to ask permission from users?

It seems like it, yes.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Jesus Christ how does this stuff keep happening to me.

Karma owes you favours? :P

I'm glad for the inclusion of Final Doom already, but now this looks even more promising!

Edited by Noiser

On 12/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, Egg Boy said:

How exactly will this work? Will id have to ask permission from users?

On 12/11/2019 at 12:23 PM, Linguica said:

It seems like it, yes.

Well that settles it then!

*brings out megaphone*

Hey id you have permission to use all of my deathmatch maps (as already stated in their text files) to give those who care about multiplayer/deathmatch a decent option! they're all limit removing, just remove those pesky copyrighted midis, ez pz :) :)

Actually, I think a genuinely great choice for this would be Dwango5, once again aside from the copyrighted MIDIs. I know it's overplayed to death, but by that same logic so are all the iwads. The reason I would nominate it as one of the pwads that should be considered at some point is because it's the closest thing to a deathmatch iwad we ever got, perhaps aside from the TNT deathmatch wads or the Sigil DM maps. I know it's a stretch, but I would love for all the console Doomers out there to experience the joy of deathmatch in the game that invented it.

I think it’s just awesome that they’ve ACTUALLY listened. It’s rare these days.

id must have some serious sway with Bethesda.

I hope this is the beginning of something awesome for these ports. They started out  as a bit of a joke what with the issues with sound and the music being played back too slow.

but now....... the future seems to have a ton of possibilities. 

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

To be honest I'm wondering if the MAP02 midi for tnt will function properly or not.

These ports do not actually have MIDI support, they play recordings of the songs.

15 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

Oh.

Well, then suck on that, Perdition's Gate!

The world must know about the time Doomguy let his hair grow.

nice hair.png

2 hours ago, Gez said:

These ports do not actually have MIDI support, they play recordings of the songs.

Didn't actually know that, so it's like the recent Duke port where they used a recording of the midi in .ogg or something similar to that?

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Actually part of the mod support is reviving MIDI support. At the moment, the mods are using the MIDI versions, but I may re-record those with the SoundCanvas in the future, but we'd need to support pulling OGG music out of the WAD file first.

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Yep.

So chances are, TNT's music will be re-recorded (probably still with a SC-55 MKII running in MKI mode) for the release. I wonder how different that's going to sound.

>update happens

>obtain sigil

>visplane overflow because the switch port isn't limit removing

this is how I feel like it's gonna go

forgive my ignorance lmao

Edited by Tartlman

32 minutes ago, Tartlman said:

visplane overflow because the switch port isn't limit removing

What makes you think that? No Rest For The Living was limit removing.

33 minutes ago, Tartlman said:

>visplane overflow because the switch port isn't limit removing

Except it is.

All classic Doom ports since the PSN/X360 have been limit-removing. NRFTL wouldn't have worked if they weren't, as it needs a limit-removing port.

44 minutes ago, ZeMystic said:

In before they release the creation club for doom pwads.

It was called "The Master Levels for Doom II" and you are in looooooong after, not before.

2 hours ago, seed said:

All classic Doom ports since the PSN/X360 have been limit-removing. NRFTL wouldn't have worked if they weren't, as it needs a limit-removing port.

Are you joking right ? They barely raised some limits just and only to play NRFTL.