Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

39 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Just now getting into the Doom II Master Levels. Every one of them has the same music track. Was this as it was back on their original release in '95?

Yeah, most maps replaced map01, so its normal you hear D_RUNNIN on most of them, backthen.

But i don't know how they added them to this new port, as separate entries divided map by map, or as a whole 21 maps megawad that can be played continuous?
If it is the second way... don't know why are you hearing the same music track as they should be replacing the map order of Doom2, and so you will have the same track of Doom2 up to map20 or so.

31 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Yeah, most maps replaced map01, so its normal you hear D_RUNNIN on most of them, backthen.

But i don't know how they added them to this new port, as separate entries divided map by map, or as a whole 21 maps megawad that can be played continuous?
If it is the second way... don't know why are you hearing the same music track as they should be replacing the map order of Doom2, and so you will have the same track of Doom2 up to map20 or so.

No they aren't continuous you select them one map at a time, so it's basically as it was back then by the sounds of it. 

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

Just now getting into the Doom II Master Levels. Every one of them has the same music track. Was this as it was back on their original release in '95?

Yes.

Most of the maps in Master Levels are MAP01 replacements, with some exceptions.

It seems like the issue with main menu appearing on screen after waking the console from sleep mode still occurs on Nintendo Switch. This time, the menu is not being displayed on-screen, but movement of the cursor and selection sound can still be heard. Selecting to start a new game, or load a safe file is still functional and can be triggered by accident. Opening regular in-game menu in this state is impossible, so you can't save your progress and restart. Does this issue occur to you too guys? 

Something similar happens on PC, but most of the time after loading a saved game. You can't move around, and trying to do so plays DSOOF. The only solution is to open the menu (which can be opened) and load a saved game.

Oh I forgot to report this, but on the Nintendo switch on Doom I had textures get corrupted when loading a save file that was made in No end in Sight, iirc the map was E1M8 and I was on stock E1M7 only the damaging floors got corrupted.  (Good thing I tweeted about it, makes it easy to get the screenshot I had). 

image.png.d53b95ae7129396c827ba3e033911ef1.png

The second glitch was in Doom 2 in No Rest for the Living, I was on Map02 and I came out of one of the secrets and once I pressed R my game crashed to the Switch's home menu, not sure what caused that one. 

19 hours ago, Rexen² said:

Oh I forgot to report this, but on the Nintendo switch on Doom I had textures get corrupted when loading a save file that was made in No end in Sight, iirc the map was E1M8 and I was on stock E1M7 only the damaging floors got corrupted.  (Good thing I tweeted about it, makes it easy to get the screenshot I had). 

The second glitch was in Doom 2 in No Rest for the Living, I was on Map02 and I came out of one of the secrets and once I pressed R my game crashed to the Switch's home menu, not sure what caused that one. 

That sure ain't No End In Sight!

I just bought my steam copy of DOOM and saw that the Unity port has no strafe button toggle :( Just strafe left/strafe right. Us super old schoolers need that strafe button for our keyboard only style. Turning while strafing is overrated.

1 hour ago, NaturalTvventy said:

the Unity port has no strafe button toggle :(

To be fair, it does, but it's restricted to only be bindable to a mouse or controller button lol.

Correction, the addon was Deathless, not No End In Sight. Should have double check but I got so much going on irl( like still dealing with having move from MD to WA), I thought it was No End In Sight for sure.

If you ever find any issues, make sure you always redownload mods first. Also note that if the mod actually changed, existing saves won't be reliable due to how asset indexing works.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:30 PM, Faceman2000 said:

Sponge explained that they’re having some hold-ups on both their first and second place wads they’re trying to add, so hopefully there will be something in the next couple weeks.

Are there any plans for updates otherwise? The port is really good, but I think it should really allow you to configure your own control scheme, at least on the PS4 version that's not an option.

A warning label on the VSync option would also be nice.

1 minute ago, ChopBlock223 said:

Are there any plans for updates otherwise? The port is really good, but I think it should really allow you to configure your own control scheme, at least on the PS4 version that's not an option.

A warning label on the VSync option would also be nice.

@sponge would be the one to ask. He’s limited in what information he’s actually allowed to share - not to mention the kinds of improvements he can realistically implement - but he’s always putting work into improving the port and he typically responds to things on this forum.

@spongeThere is a strange audio bug present with the player sounding like they're hitting use rapidly despite not being against a solid object. It is random and rare, only happening twice now, the first time was early on on D1's E1M4 and last time was on D2's MAP04. No idea what triggers it however it occurs only by moving forward and backward, not from side stepping. This bug has only happened to me playing on Xbox Series S.

8 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@spongeThere is a strange audio bug present with the player sounding like they're hitting use rapidly despite not being against a solid object. It is random and rare, only happening twice now, the first time was early on on D1's E1M4 and last time was on D2's MAP04. No idea what triggers it however it occurs only by moving forward and backward, not from side stepping. This bug has only happened to me playing on Xbox Series S.

I've had this same bug happen to me more than a few times while playing Doom and the other WAD's on Xbox One. I know that if i press start (pause) and unpause the game it goes away. It seems to happen to me when i quick save really fast and get back into the game quickly. Maybe i'm still pressing/holding a button or something? Idk.

I've also had another glitch where if i quick save/save near a cliff or an edge (this only happened to me twice i think) and i reload my game, i'd drop into the game and be stuck in a wall. Since there isn't an "no clip" cheat i couldn't get out so i had to restart the whole map over again. Now i make sure not to save when i'm on a cliff's edge or something.

1 hour ago, CyberDreams said:

I've also had another glitch where if i quick save/save near a cliff or an edge (this only happened to me twice i think) and i reload my game, i'd drop into the game and be stuck in a wall. Since there isn't an "no clip" cheat i couldn't get out so i had to restart the whole map over again. Now i make sure not to save when i'm on a cliff's edge or something.

This bug is older than some users on this forum; it has existed since Doom launched. The save file doesn't contain an active list of sectors the player is in, so when the game is reloaded the only applicable height you have is the centre to the player.

That's really interesting, I never knew about that bug. I guess be cautious and try to save when standing on good and solid ground?

On 12/8/2020 at 1:39 AM, Edward850 said:

This bug is older than some users on this forum; it has existed since Doom launched. The save file doesn't contain an active list of sectors the player is in, so when the game is reloaded the only applicable height you have is the centre to the player.

Ohh okay. So it's been a bug for a long time then. Well thanks for the info and video! I guess since i don't play vanilla very much (i usually use GZDoom when i play but with the Doom Strict setting for older wads) i never experienced it before. The bug isn't older than me but it's pretty close ;)

7 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

anyone know the changes made for the port?

I haven’t had a chance to play it yet cuz I’m at work, but it on of the pictures on Bethesda’s site it looked like the Beta Lost Souls were shooting Caco fireballs instead of doing their hitscan.

I’m sure @Revenant100 will be along soon enough with a full breakdown haha.

5 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

I haven’t had a chance to play it yet cuz I’m at work, but it on of the pictures on Bethesda’s site it looked like the Beta Lost Souls were shooting Caco fireballs instead of doing their hitscan.

I’m sure @Revenant100 will be along soon enough with a full breakdown haha.

They already do that on the lastest version of Doom Zero uploaded to moddb, i think its v1.8

In that version Dasi-I added new custom sounds for monsters to not repeat the same demon lurking sound over and over, and the same pain grunt over and over.

Thanks anyway, pal! ;)

We will knew for sure in a few hours :P

5 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

They already do that on the lastest version of Doom Zero uploaded to moddb, i think its v1.8

In that version Dasi-I added new custom sounds for monsters to not repeat the same demon lurking sound over and over, and the same pain grunt over and over.

Thanks anyway, pal! ;)

We will knew for sure in a few hours :P

Oh okay, cool! Guess I played an older revision or my memory’s failing me haha.

3 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Oh okay, cool! Guess I played an older revision or my memory’s failing me haha.

don't worry, i stumble on it while checking moddb, so i find it just by luck.
I was released around mid year if i remember right.

I liked the Alpha Souls being floating SS Nazis instead of being Cacodemon turrets.

12 hours ago, JXC said:

I liked the Alpha Souls being floating SS Nazis instead of being Cacodemon turrets.

It would be cool to be both things, for certain, a flying caco turret that could also spur some nice hitscanning action.

56 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

What a great pick to follow Rekkr. My top "gets" are now Suspended in Dusk, Hacx, and Perdition's Gate/Hell to Pay.

Don't they only pick works where they can get in contact with all of the authors? If that's the case, Espi passing long ago may make Suspended In Dusk an unlikely choice (though it's one of my very favorites, and I think it deserves to be played). Correct me if I'm wrong, however. For the others, aren't those properties not owned by iD?