Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

2093340869_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2614-37-18.png.6553ee60527e1bb9b0882fe17cf74776.png

just confirmed that it is indeed the video files when the credits shoul be playing not only did it give that that weird caco screen with is probaly just an error screen but it also crashed the game

2 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

How did you boot it up? @omalefico32x,  with WINE?

yup but i cant boot up directely from the game files (maybe its steam drm fault) because it will not work so go to steam select doom or doom 2 go to configurations and select properties then on launch options you put  PROTON_USE_WINED3D11=1 %command% with will enable it to run under wine instead of vulkan and you are good to go

after starting the game you will be stuck on a white screen so just start to press the space key until you hear the pistol sound and the game will work

just be aware quiting by the menu freezes the game and seeing the credits also freezes the game

these are just mp4 files why does wine suffer so much to play them in game?

speaking of video files i have never seen anyone mention this but on the credits sequence the texture have filtering enabled 787483100_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2614-55-36.png.acf3738cf6e67ce4f11ed62b7353d2f3.png

im preety sure the credits was made with gzdoom and the sprites added after the fact lol

14 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

speaking of video files i have never seen anyone mention this but on the credits sequence the texture have filtering enabled 787483100_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2614-55-36.png.acf3738cf6e67ce4f11ed62b7353d2f3.png

im preety sure the credits was made with gzdoom and the sprites added after the fact lol

to me it looks more like it was made in some 3d modeling software, a lot of those make low res textures look really blurry when used on a surface. What makes this more clear is that the sprites are flat and don't turn towards you, but still appear to be part of the environment, probably just planes.

7 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

to me it looks more like it was made in some 3d modeling software, a lot of those make low res textures look really blurry when used on a surface. What makes this more clear is that the sprites are flat and don't turn towards you, but still appear to be part of the environment, probably just planes.

it can be possible too especially seeing the image that is set on map 19 but the wierd part is theres a picture on map 20 that does not have texturing filtering

1391433727_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2615-24-19.png.ba4c8d9a6b53b9f089562ea89738856b.png98210271_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2615-23-47.png.a303760128722fd8113023801f776721.png

it does have mip mapping though with is the reason why i though they were shot on gzdoom but i guess they could have easily been made on unity itself

Well I can say I learn something new about classic doom

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Can confirm it's vanilla behavior. The easiest spot to see this in vanilla Doom is E1M2, when firing rockets at the outer wall in the big outdoor area.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:26 PM, Chip said:

Somebody should update the DOOM Wiki page for this. I would, but I don't know how to. :P

I wanted to do that the second it got known, but it is using a pretty table which is my bane on the wiki. Unlike other editors who make use of automatic templates, all my work is handcrafted. I dunno, it works for me.

But after taking a look at that table i knew that was not for me. So, what i will do is summon the rightful Wiki Patron Saint and librarian @Gez and request a fiver for his time.

4 hours ago, Devalaous said:

How about adding achievements to the Steam versions? I don't know Valve's rules with that, but I did notice Chex Quest HD was able to add a few after it's release (it launched with none) 

Steam you basically have free reign, but you can't create achievements for an app id without making them public on a title that's already launched. This can make things complicated as it means you could end up having a not insignificant amount of time where you have visible achievements the user base may consider bugged while you attempt to test their implementation.

3 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Steam you basically have free reign, but you can't create achievements for an app id without making them public on a title that's already launched. This can make things complicated as it means you could end up having a not insignificant amount of time where you have visible achievements the user base may consider bugged while you attempt to test their implementation.

This is exactly what happened with Chex Quest HD. To be fair, they also gave no warning beforehand, so a 'lot' (the game's audience isnt THAT big) of people were poking at things trying to get things to unlock, till the 'surprise' update dropped.

17 hours ago, Edward850 said:

This has also been used by some games to stir up hype - PAYDAY 2 usually adds its new achievements with cryptic names (like this set) that hinted at what the upcoming, as-yet unannounced update was going to add.

On 7/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, Redneckerz said:

what i will do is summon the rightful Wiki Patron Saint and librarian @Gez and request a fiver for his time.

maybe he missed the ping. I think @Diabolución has updated the table in the past. maybe they can help.

Quake I was updated yesterday to a remastered version, which was released on PC and consoles. Like for the DOOM I and II unity ports, Quake I will receive additional content through approved mods, which will be made available through the games menu.

Does anyone know, if the team behind the additional content for Quake is the same like for DOOM and if this would mean that we could expect less DOOM addons in the future?

Maybe I'm just overthinking, as the Quake I Remaster was done by Nightdive Studios, which was not involved in the DOOM unity ports.

Don't get me wrong, I'm already happy with the released addons so far for DOOM and I'm far behind playing through all of them.

1 minute ago, Kyle07 said:

Does anyone know, if the team behind the additional content for Quake is the same like for DOOM and if this would mean that we could expect less DOOM addons in the future?

same team. We'll still get Add-ons for Doom, but I would actually expect more. Sponge was busy with Quake these last several months, so we've only seen 2 2021 add-ons for Doom. Now that the hard work for Quake is over, he can get back at finding more Doom WADs. 

BTW, have any of you heard of this Bourgeois megawad? Looks really good. ;)

This quake port is amazing and free from all the crashes I reported from doom port. I hope those will get fixed in doom port now.

51 minutes ago, Chip said:

BTW, have any of you heard of this Bourgeois megawad? Looks really good. ;)

Indeed I have! Seems like a perfect fit for the Unity port addons, if I dare say so myself.

Arrival by Pavera also seems like a given in my opinion.

Seeing the recent Quake port get QoL features such as rebindable buttons and a flippin' radial weapon wheel makes me wish that some of these features were added into these DOOM ports, as unnecessary as a weapon wheel seems. The rebindable buttons are a must though. 

1 hour ago, ChopBlock223 said:

They still haven't added rebindable buttons? That's like the last option it needs to be perfect.

It does, but only on PC.

So I'm in the mood for some classic Doom and I want to check out some of the WADs available on the 'Unity' port. I don't have time for all of them, unfortunately, so what would your top 3 be? 

(I have both Doom and Doom 2)

Thanks!

Well keep in mind that they're not all the same length. If you don't have much time, you may prefer the ones that do not have too many levels to go through. So I'd recommend Double Impact, Syringe, and Earthless Prelude based on this criteria, with Sigil and No Rest for the Living as backup choices if you haven't already played them previously.

25 minutes ago, Gez said:

Well keep in mind that they're not all the same length. If you don't have much time, you may prefer the ones that do not have too many levels to go through. So I'd recommend Double Impact, Syringe, and Earthless Prelude based on this criteria, with Sigil and No Rest for the Living as backup choices if you haven't already played them previously.

Thank you!

I'm a teacher and a father of 2 really young children, so time is limited on my part. 

Does anyone else think the audio mixing for Unity is kinda off? Some sounds are way louder than others, like enemy hitstun sounds vs pickup sounds. I can barely ever hear the pickup sound, and when there's two or more enemies in a room I can't hear anything else beside them and my weapon.

Also sometimes I can barely hear the music, but when I raise the volume of the music it overpowers the sounds. It's really odd.

11 hours ago, Alfonso said:

Did they fix the shotgunner ambush not working near the end of TNT map 31?

I don’t know but I imagine you could find out pretty quickly yourself by firing it up.

6 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

I don’t know but I imagine you could find out pretty quickly yourself by firing it up.

Last time i played it didn't.

I know it's a minor complain but it will be nice if they used the fixes from tnt31.wad instead of id anthology.

Hell the PS3 version already fixed everything for that level.

It's been 25 years cmon. You could say use the wad with some advanced source port like ZDoom/GZDoom to automatically solve the problem but newcomers don't need or want to do that.

Hope they listen to this.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, Alfonso said:

ZDoom/GZDoom to automatically solve the problem but newcomers

Newcomers to Doom on PC exclusively use GZDoom, though lol.

In any case, remember an update doesn't immediately fix add-ons, because they're separate downloads. You'll still have to delete them and download them again for the fixes (if any) to be noticeable. 

1 hour ago, Alfonso said:

So they didn't fix it?

honestely any issues we have with the port are unlikely to be fixed at this moment

On 7/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, omalefico32x said:

hey i was able to start the unity port on linux without using proton408282070_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2614-30-53.png.ff112644e007f2244d02a348b485d479.png

now thing is everytime i boot it up i see a white screen and i cant do anything but this time i decided to press random keys on my keyboard and somehow it worked with tells me its a problem with the mp4 files

i tried to remove them from the game files but no luck i still see a white screen at start is there any way to skip them automatically?

How did you get it running on linux? What version of proton you are using?