Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Which version of DoomGuy is your favorite?

Favorite version of Doom Guy  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite version of Doom Guy?

• Classic Doom Guy
    • Doom 64 Doom Guy
    • Doom 3 Doom Guy
    • Doom Guy from Quake 3: Arena and Quake Champions
    • Doom Slayer

Classic Doom Guy, Doom 64 Doom Guy, Doom 3 Guy, Doom Guy from Quake 3: Arena and Quake Champions and the Doom Slayer from Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal. I feel like I might be missing a few other Doom Guys. Anyways, which version of Doom Guy is your favorite?

Classic Doom Guy is my favorite and will always be number 1 for me. Classic, iconic character. The design is not too flashy or ugly. Plus, it's the Doom Guy I grew up with and know the most. I wish there were more figures featuring the Classic version of Doom Guy.

Slayer as I find a insanely angry no nonsense killer entertaining. He is Hell's boogy man and even an idol. 

Classic Doomguy, easy. That mugshot is permanently ingrained in my head.

Edited by Nevander : Typo

Classic doomguy.

He's the most badass out of all, Why?

He never had an army on his side to fight the demons, neither he was blessed by angels and given super powerful armors unlike the doom slayer.

He went to hell a lot of times and destroyed it just to avenge a bunny.

He decided to stay in hell to prevent it from rising against humanity, basically savior of humanity.

He survived Hell beneath and Perfect hatred.

No falling damage.

Doom 64 Guy ;) .

The man who's out for blood, close to his limits, who still manages to shut Hell tight, and decides to stay there for eternity, rampaging everything.

Although I like classic doom games the most. I will go with Doom 64 guy simply for the fact that he was badass enough to stay in hell after defeating the mother demon.

classic doom guy easily sold himself to me since 2008 when my sister first let me play my first game, which was DOOM 2.

i found it amazing how he was just killing anything with weapons he finds.

also no falling damage and the fact he went through the entire mission solo

11 hours ago, seed said:

Doom 64 Guy ;) .

The man who's out for blood, close to his limits, who still manages to shut Hell tight, and decides to stay there for eternity, rampaging everything.

Isn't Doom 64 guy basically the same Doomguy from Doom/Doom2 and Final Doom?

Doom Slayer, because I really like his personality and the way it was presented in the game.

I was already impressed in the first 5 minutes (the elevator scene to be precise).

Should say Quake 3 / Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 / Quake Champions for that one.   Not my vote, but he shreds and thrashes besides ripping and tearing.

I honestly have to say Quake Champions Doomguy in a sense. After seeing multiple images awkwardly trying to portray Doomguy's head in 3d over the years, I had all but lost hope anyone could do it properly. QC, however, surprised and delighted me by presenting the perfect model to bring Doomguy's classic mug into the polygonal age, even adding a few aging details that seemed earned in light of Doom's extensive history. I honestly buy that he's the same Doomguy from 1 and 2 and will be completely disappointed if this model, or one very similar, isn't what's used for whatever face reveal may be planned for Eternal. The Doomguy HUD image will always be classic, but the model made for QC brought it to life.

Hard to say. They all have at least something good about them.

Classic Doomguy is the one who started it all, and I think he's the blankest slate, so the player gets to bring a lot of their own interpretation to the character.

Doomguy 64 I don't know much about, apart from him deciding to stay in Hell at the end of it. Badass finishing move or tearjerking sacrifice? Not having played 64 beyond the first few levels, I don't know which way it's portrayed, but either way that's cool.

The Doom Slayer manages to be a badass with his own distinct personality, despite not saying a word. At first blush he might seem like a dumb berzerker, but there's a strong moral centre there and he certainly ain't stupid even if he ain't book-smart.

Doom 3 guy is I think the most human take on the protagonist, so in that sense I guess that makes him the easiest to relate to.

Q3A Doom was no pushover in the arena, a worthy opponent. But in the end he was just another head I needed to step on while advancing towards the endgame.

to me all of them except the marine are the same dude.

like doomguy was shitting up demons in 1 and 2 and closed himself off in hell in doom 64, and doom 3 marine is either an alternative reality doom guy or a diffirent marine on the same base as doom guy.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, Boomslang said:

to me all of them except the marine are the same dude.

like doomguy was shitting up demons in 1 and 2 and closed himself off in hell in doom 64, and doom 3 marine is either an alternative reality doom guy or a diffirent marine on the same base as doom guy.

Doom 3 is its own seperate timeline, and there is four different playable Doomguys, who all exist at the same time, heh

Which version of DoomGuy is your favorite?

The one that you can control with mouse and keybourd.

Unpopular opinion but I like Doom 3 Guy the most because he is just, at the end of the day, a regular bloke who had to see some real shit but was stout and heroic and basically saved humanity.

He also shows more personality through his facial expressions and reactions to events that unfold (such as stumbling back and mumbling "God" to himself as he sees the Cyberdemon).

That's why I like Doom 3 guy, because he's just a dude.

It'l be awesome if someone makes a classic Doom player skin made to look like the Demonic Doom Slayer preorder bonus skin.

8 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Unpopular opinion but I like Doom 3 Guy the most because he is just, at the end of the day, a regular bloke who had to see some real shit but was stout and heroic and basically saved humanity.

He also shows more personality through his facial expressions and reactions to events that unfold (such as stumbling back and mumbling "God" to himself as he sees the Cyberdemon).

That's why I like Doom 3 guy, because he's just a dude.

And then you have the RoE marine as well, showing a ton of personality.

18 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Doom 3 is its own seperate timeline, and there is four different playable Doomguys, who all exist at the same time, heh

that's what YOU think.

Doom64 Doomguy. The absolute mad man went to hell and back just to kill a huge ghoulish atrocity under the moniker "Mother Demon".