Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OfficalGeeDee

I’d like to record FDAs of your maps

Welcome back! I hope you're doing okay. To tell the truth I just assumed you got overwhelmed and decided to quit. Glad to hear you're still doing this!

Hello! i would really love it if you played through a challenge map of mine,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fcxaive4z823ze9/50min.zip/file

Crouch is needed for the first portion

Should roughly take no more then 5 minutes to complete (my best time was 1:09)

it's really easy and simple but that's because the map was made in only 50 minutes (a challenge i did as a new years resolution)

TIP: Play in UV for the best experience

Looks like my scheduling is good to go, I had to do some “arrangements” but I have a list in order for recording. I’m currently at work, but as soon as I get situated at home I can start playing. Before my first upload I will show the placement spreadsheet. In the meantime, feel free to keep requesting away. Don’t worry about overburdening me with requests. Just be sure to leave necessary information for playing. :)

Capture.PNG.1764a26dbc0ae78f50886d60fe2fc431.PNG

Uploads will take place on Wednesdays and Fridays. Once work slows down again, I'll do Mon, Wed, and Fri. I'll try to keep this spreadsheet updated as often as possible.

Blood Oven: The Re-Bloodining. or somethin.

Kinda hard, but also easy. Nothin that should require 200,000 pistol starts, like other maps I've played. Tested on UV.

Edited by PurpleNerd23 : [Sharing difficulty of level, etc.]

3 hours ago, OfficalGeeDee said:

@Dubbagdarrel Map01. I like the pacing and the difficulty. The ending was a scary moment for me as I was caught off guard. Texturing and attention to detail are very nice.

I'm glad you like so far! Excited to see what you think of the rest of it! Thank you so much for your kind comments and compliments btw.

16 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I'm glad you like so far! Excited to see what you think of the rest of it! Thank you so much for your kind comments and compliments btw.

No problem. And yeah, I'm eager to see how this mapset continues on!

Thanks for the playthrough! There were originally no revenants in this map but people said it was too boring so I added them and made the map overall harder. Also please don't try to beat these maps in one go, they're going to get hard and there's gonna be lots of revenants lol. If you need any revenant tips I can give you some. Map02 is a significant ramp up in difficulty. You may have to play on an easier difficulty.

Also don't play map09 yet, it's not finished (although it's close).

7 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Thanks for the playthrough! There were originally no revenants in this map but people said it was too boring so I added them and made the map overall harder. Also please don't try to beat these maps in one go, they're going to get hard and there's gonna be lots of revenants lol. If you need any revenant tips I can give you some. Map02 is a significant ramp up in difficulty. You may have to play on an easier difficulty.

Also don't play map09 yet, it's not finished (although it's close).

Don’t worry, I’ll be playing pistol start each map. Also I may start saving during levels if I get low on health. I’ll have to see how things go

@Dubbagdarrel Here is the created playlist, my internet is kinda slow. The final 2 videos are processing. My final thoughts on the map are - I really liked the visuals and texture use. The attention to detail was great and the monster encounters worked out very nicely. I only had one real "issue" and that was the 'precarious footwork' section. I had a lot of fun, and had a few good startle moments. I'm looking forward to your future works.

15 hours ago, OfficalGeeDee said:

@Dubbagdarrel Here is the created playlist, my internet is kinda slow. The final 2 videos are processing. My final thoughts on the map are - I really liked the visuals and texture use. The attention to detail was great and the monster encounters worked out very nicely. I only had one real "issue" and that was the 'precarious footwork' section. I had a lot of fun, and had a few good startle moments. I'm looking forward to your future works.

jsut got done watching it. Thank you so much for the play! I'm glad you liked it so much! And I will be doing more in the future.

@OfficalGeeDee I would love you to try my megawad :D

I recommend "Hurt me plenty" to play quiet, because UV is hard. Any opinion I will have in mind for the second part.

My inglish is bad D':

21 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

@OfficalGeeDee I would love you to try my megawad :D

I recommend "Hurt me plenty" to play quiet, because UV is hard. Any opinion I will have in mind for the second part.

My inglish is bad D':

I’ll throw this right into my queue list and get started as soon as I can

I don't usually like to ask people "Hey, please play and record this," I'll make an exception this time. Cuz why not?

Okay, I feel like I should warn you about my wad. Difficulty gets pretty darn high. Since you said you weren't very good against revenants I would recommend (You don't have to listen to me but whatever) that you play on canine for maps 3-6 and house pet for maps 7-9 (yes map09 is done). Maybe you'll need to play on newborn pup for map09. Also map09 may take over an hour first try, so I'd recommend you take a break when you need to.

Here's a new download for you with some updates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/deqjlgmxm3rxjka/boomhouse.zip?dl=0

52 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Okay, I feel like I should warn you about my wad. Difficulty gets pretty darn high. Since you said you weren't very good against revenants I would recommend (You don't have to listen to me but whatever) that you play on canine for maps 3-6 and house pet for maps 7-9 (yes map09 is done). Maybe you'll need to play on newborn pup for map09. Also map09 may take over an hour first try, so I'd recommend you take a break when you need to.

Here's a new download for you with some updates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/deqjlgmxm3rxjka/boomhouse.zip?dl=0

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll take that into consideration :)

I'll be uploading WAD videos in no particular order for the time being, with some of them being long and others being short, I'm going to try to get all the short ones out of the way first. That way I'll be able to dedicate more time to the longer "megawads" I hope you can all understand! I've got quite the list to play!

When you have the time would be able to play this one as well? It's a 2 map project I released last year where I remade my first ever published WAD on doomwadstation.com in 2005. I did it show my advancement in mapping over the last 15 years and to make the map actually enjoyable and more advanced. The first map is the remake, and the second is the original I made when I was 13, I'm 27 now. You can play both and compare if you would like. redux.zip

Eyo!

I admire the patience you have to do this kinda thing, and I wanted to be part of it too, sooo...

nobody wants to play this

I'm really proud of this wad is turning out so far, and I just got done with the first map. It's a fairly short map, but I recommend you do a few playthroughs.

You'll know why when you read it in the page: