• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stopsignal

[Sprites] Stopsignal's Beastiary

Updates!

Finished rotations for this bad boy:

unknown.png

I SO want to have this finished as i'll use it both as the mod's main character and as a personal skin. It also means i'd have to do the crouch frames, but i'll figure what to do with that later.

Also, rabbitface!

f7cFq4Q.png

I don't give permission to use it because i made it for a friend. Whoops! Still, had to share it, it just looks really fun IMO.
Still not finished (needs blood frames) but good enough for now!

Man these sprites are fantastic!. Congrats on such amazing work. So ive been seing you mentioning a mod of some kind, what type of mod are you refering to? like a total conversion using all your sprites?

Hello! and indeed! Though, of course, with my speed and free time, it would be *years* off before anything playable gets released. 

I do have it coded already, most of it (guns and monsters, and gameplay mechanics)- however it also needs specific types of maps in order to be playable, and sadly those are in short supply, so i'd need to make my own too. Add another year there, hahahahah

I am still not sure if it'd be TC, i'd need to make my own textures, and while i can easily do that, it'd also take a ton of time. And that ain't as fun as spriting monsters!

these are incredible! I especially like the mimic and the doom annihilation imp looks great also. All of it is great its difficult to choose particulars haha

On 3/18/2020 at 5:19 AM, Stopsignal said:

Updates!

Finished rotations for this bad boy:

unknown.png

I SO want to have this finished as i'll use it both as the mod's main character and as a personal skin. It also means i'd have to do the crouch frames, but i'll figure what to do with that later.

Also, rabbitface!

f7cFq4Q.png

I don't give permission to use it because i made it for a friend. Whoops! Still, had to share it, it just looks really fun IMO.
Still not finished (needs blood frames) but good enough for now!

Oh, what a nice bunny.

Man this Mimic is cool, the Abutor is dope too, any chance you'll be releasing it?

I just wanted to stop by again and say keep up the good work! You never fail to surprise and amaze us with all the work you do. Do you take commissions, by chance? If someone (maybe me? :p) wants to see something come to life in your amazing style, you definitely deserve to be paid for that!

It is crazy what you can accomplish with a sprite editor. I love your work! hope to see more, soon. bravo!

Thank you so much, y'all! i don't come around much often, i just see all of this. 

For now, at least, i don't do comissions! Between class and my job i barely got time for myself, and to sprite.  That's why there was such a halt here- but hopefully i can continue soon! I am almost done with that pig!

Wow, these are great! Standouts for me are the Ash Williams hud face and the Parasite animation.

Thank you so much! I'm hoping to continue the Thing-esque things, i got an idea with a medpack- however not gonna promise anything ever, hahahaha

Pigman's finished, mostly. Still needs an XDeath animation, but apart from that it's completely done. I'm apprehensive about posting it- it's gonna be the main character of a project i want to do way down the line. However, if you wanna use it in something, *ask me!*. I mean, really, i just do it like this to more or less control how much it of it's out there, for now at least, hahahaha. 

What i can leave for now is an Armored Grin! Why? I don't know! I did it as a temporary skin for a mod which actually used the monster, so i needed to differentiate. The thing was never really used, sadly, but the sprites are still here. Check em out!

2PHwa5f.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h1rh4rpasht5niw/grinarmor.rar/file

I made it in a few hours so it ain't the most polished thing up here, but hey, it's a variation! No laughing frames for it for now, though.
Still waiting for that ever escaping Free Time With Some Inspiration to continue working on my sprites and mod. It's complicated when class and work have you drawing and coding. Mostly end up using the free time to play games. Gotta rest somehow, huh?

Winners are grinners! Haven't seen this thread before, so I'm just catching up. You've done some absolutely marvelous work with all these sprites. I can't wait to see them all in a finished package.

Thanks, pal!! People still can download them individually, of course! I'm just happy to see my work get around from time to time.

Just wanted to say I absolutely love your Sprite work and especially your monsters! I'm always finding myself wanting to use them in custom maps.

oh hi it's just been a few years that's all
I've been too busy making little games!
This is my latest one, if you wanna try!
But at least i bring unused stuff, the Pigman!!!

With sounds and everything to be basically a ready to use player skin.
With sounds from Freesounds, i think. A few years have passed, but i usually got stuff from there, with copyright "0", so there are no problems.
There are also some PSDs with the files i used to make the skin, i think. If there is something else, oops. Didn't check.
Anyways, remember i use the Timeline function of photoshop! Otherwise you'll just see a ton of layers.

TCQXr67.png   

If someone makes him an enemy, i imagine him as a "super shotgun" shotgunner. More life, maybe faster? But slow to fire.
Though he isn't as hellish looking. Made it as a personal skin, he is an OC of sorts.

truMNh3.gif   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JmkVE0h2hlRjExcQFz63-FzqL7OdsTRY/view?usp=sharing

And now, the Abutor!!!
...i didn't do any new frames at all for this dude either, but well, at least one rotation's animations are done (though no death!), maybe he can be used as a boss of sorts?

Um3mLu7.pngmnx3jeB.pngwzCnj6J.png

It has two attacks, IIRC.
One was an archvile attack, (the counting), while the other one was delayed "teleport towards you in a straight line and damage you if you are not behind a wall" kinda deal. Then it had a normal melee attack. The idea for the character was to zone you hard. No idea how well it would play.

Again, remember, it has no death! Maybe give it some kind of "contra" style death, where it has lots of explosions and then explodes completely? That may be too goofy, hahahah. Maybe use the rotations to separate parts of it, so he gets stunned, starts vibrating and chunks fly around. Remember, it's a big monster, it needs a cool death!

I remember fighting to make this dude kind of fit with Doom's pallette, though maybe you'll find he is good as is. Who knows!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TtJ1kU0uEESgnl8XBMnrZBfSdtt3gcus/view?usp=sharing

First time seeing this, your work is incredible. I would love to play a mod with these guys in it.

The fake dead marine is such a good idea.