Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2020 Mentionation Thread

Another +++Akeldama for Caco

+++Death in Excess (it was updated this year) for Caco

+++DyingCamel's Demons #3 for runner up*

+++Isolation for runner up

*Quite a bit of an increase in the number of impressive levels compared to previous DCD's...

Edited by FrancisT18

Nobody Told Me About Id by CantSleep (https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=67319)

A gameplay mod which askes "What if Doom was made on the Build engine?" It's been one of my favorite mods to play recently because it really does capture the magic of the Holy Trinity with its own special, Doom flavor. As an accompaniment:

Doom II Re-Build-t by RoastBeefo (https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=67485)

A megawad which reimagines the Doom levels in the style of the Build engine games. Still a WIP and it might not be finished this year, so it might not qualify, but if the author does finish it this year I think it could be a contender too.

9 minutes ago, RonnieColeman said:

(Did I do that right? What's the difference between + and +++?)

+++ is from the Doomworld Megawad Club. Votes are prefixed that way to be spotted easily among all the write-ups. It is a habit many have brought over. Unlike in the DWMC, there's no practical reason to do that here, but it's not a big deal either way. 

And +1'ing has been around on the internet for a while. 

+++/+1 Refracted Reality
+++/+1 Akeldama

Will dig through for more goodness and will report back here throughout the year

+1 for Refracted Reality.

not nominating a map or mod per say but a person who i think deserves recognition for all the amazing work he does... Bridgeburner......ive seen a ton of his shit and im amazed by the amount of work he puts into everything... im sure you all know him lol he needs no intro 

+ for 4 weeks of pain by Gothic

Edited by Boomdav : forgot the +

Will throw my recommendations so far with both Refracted Reality and Hunter's Moon. The former has great level design and art direction with the maps, the latter has done a great job converting Doom II into a singleplayer/co-op Quake III inspired Total Conversion.

Even though we recently saw the release of two wonderful episodes, The Wayfarer and Faithless, Heretic projects are still few and far between. So it is very important to mention the amazing Quest for the Crystal Skulls episode, yet not because of how uncommon the Heretic projects are, but because of how high it sets the bar. Quest for the Crystal Skulls is the episode of astonishing quality, with the phenomenal amount of attention put into the detailing of levels, progression and gameplay. And while it is understandable, if unfortunate, that Heretic projects usually do not get the same amount of attention as their DOOM counterparts, I would strongly advise everyone to check this incredible episode out. Believe me, this one is more than worth your time.

Pjcmz8j.png

Alpha Centauri here too.

Erkatannee is one of Monti's weaker works IMO actually, despite being the one to grab him a Caco in 2015. And I was skeptical back then if he really deserved a Caco yet even. But I think he's been on an updrive quality wise over the last five years...and yet in 2016-2019 his name has not come up in the ceremonies at all. (Only Witness of Time has even been picked up by DWMC!) 2020 is gonna be yet another tough year for competition...but I'd think Monti's second spotlight at least in the form of a runner up is way overdue.