Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2020 Mentionation Thread

@Roebloz's Rom Hack for the 32X and PC called Cacosweeper has to get into the cacowards. I mean, Caco is in the name! It was a great way to expand upon 2 of the greatest PC games ever! definitely has to be mentioned!

I don't see many story-focused wads being nominated around here, so one vote for Three Is A Crowd by @Scypek2, definitely an unique and interesting take on storytelling + mapping. There are some genuinely good maps in there. (Like 11 where you constantly have to lit up the map yourself)

Bonus for being vanilla-compatible.

One more vote for Three Is A Crowd. Definitely some of the most creative vanilla stuff I've seen in quite a while.

Even though we recently saw the release of two wonderful episodes, The Wayfarer and Faithless, Heretic projects are still few and far between.

+1 for "Quest for the Crystal Skulls". Heretic WAD's require more attention if we want to see more good onces, not only DOOM related. Especially - in combination of mods. I've checked this thread https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60112#p1048497 and see that "HeXeReTiC Fantasy" is only on #128 place, "Wrath of Cronos RPG" on #38. Mostly all top 50+ is DOOM related.

Edited by UnknDoomer

User awards recommends (Espi Award, perhaps?) or otherwise runner up nominations:

• Randy87, for the utterly amazing Savegame hack, allowing other FP perspectives aswell
  • Xttl, for his EXE hacking work and his SNES hacking efforts, aswell as his previous exe hacks Sigexe, NR4TL and so on.
  • In that light, Entryway for the Doom Plus works is also quite an obvious choice.

Awesome Megawad with a ton of interesting ideas and well done gameplay maps. Done in one month no less.

Although I technically started it, it’s more of a community project. It’s a really creative idea, so take a look. You don’t have to nominate it.