Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2020 Mentionation Thread

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

All right y'all, time for another year of mentionations and great releases. I for one have just a few inklings about what's on the horizon, and I can already tell next year's going to be nuts. For those unfamiliar with the "nomination" process, here are some tips...

• If you play something you find particularly fun, beautiful, clever, or mind blowing... mention it!
  • Post the name and author of a project and a link to its download
  • This thread is merely a place to mention outstanding works of Doom. Keep conversations about projects to a minimum
  • Winners are not chosen by the number of "likes" or the amount of times the project is "nominated" - Judges use the thread to find projects worth playing and decide winners based on personal preferences.
  • Please do not nominate your own project.
  • At the end of each year, there's a grace period to ensure that all releases get fair consideration. In other words, everything released from about mid-November 2019 onwards is up for consideration for the 2020 Cacowards.

Happy Dooming!

Not Jabba for a Cacoward!

22 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

I feel out of time and place and  just wish to wither away.. my soul released from an insence tray, endlessly hovering above a vast ocean, while catching the Suns rays as my heavenly embrace. I do not wish to be any part of this, nor do I want to leave any trace. All this to just feel the warmth ,beauty and joy of 1998. 

Perhaps there should be a CP with the sole intent of making maps that look and feel on all facets like they were released between 1997-99 (aiming for the upper end of the quality spectrum from that time though). 'Late 90s: The Lost Levels'...Lol. That's way OT for here though.

3 hours ago, FrancisT18 said:

Perhaps there should be a CP with the sole intent of making maps that look and feel on all facets like they were released between 1997-99 (aiming for the upper end of the quality spectrum from that time though). 'Late 90s: The Lost Levels'...Lol. That's way OT for here though.

Spoiler

I've said this a million times but... You know I have the same idea for a community project?

There's Akeldama with the same premises and it's probably what are you looking for, maybe...

You know what? I'm claiming the akeldama project for the next year cacoward! So...

+1 for Akeldama

+1 for Ray Mohwak Manic Monday

+1 for Linguica (Espi Award)

The year is long away and more awesome stuff will come...

Most definitely Revenge of Evil: DooM 3 TC for GZDoom

Also MMDCXIV - Journey into the 27 Century

Edited by Kappes Buur

Supercharge by @Tango for top gameplay mod. It's the best "vanilla+" style mod I've played, combining satisfying sound and visual effects with thoughtful changes to weapons and monsters. Weapon balance is overall tighter, with the Chainsaw, Pistol, and Chaingun-equivalent getting some much-deserved love. Not to mention, consistent Berserk damage! Enemies also get some minor tweaks, with the Pinky finally learning how to bite properly and the Lost Soul's skull not being as thick. Best of all, the mod is compatible with a wide variety of PWADs, including some of the harder vanilla stuff for which the balance of other mods falters. Truly a must for anyone looking to enhance their vanilla experience in 2020! (Sponsored comment.)

+++Akeldama

This megawad will probably go down as one of my all-time vanilla favourites. And it was made within the span of one year. How amazing is that?