Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2020 Mentionation Thread

On 11/6/2020 at 6:46 AM, Phobus said:

I've scrolled through the whole thread to check, and we're approaching that nebulous cut-off point for the year, so I thought I'd highlight DBP19: A Doomer Boards Christmas Carol as a big one from near the end of last year. I appreciate I was heavily involved in it, and might not even be eligible to mentionate it as a result, but apparently @Big Ol Billy is on the cusp of finalising the release in time for this coming Christmas, and even without that /idgames upload, it is the best (and perhaps most comprehensive?) Christmas project to date, in my estimation. Look out in the DWMC thread for me voting for this for next month, too :P

Personally I'm still rooting for Umbral Platinum! Why yes I was the benevolent dictator of DBP18 and I think it's great :)

EDIT: I would like to mentionate Doom Zero if that's eligible!

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

I forgot about my favorite Wads in 2020 - 

Technicolor Antichrist Box by Major Arlene

Bastion of Chaos by Bridgeburner56

Shrine II by Scumhead and Mengo

The Mapwich 2 by Bridgeburner56 and crew

1,000 Lines 2 by Liberation and crew

Ar Luminae by Aurelius and Kaito

Faithless: Trilogy by Jimmy

Refracted Reality y killerkouhai and crew

There are no priorities everything is written in random order:)

The Demon Blade is one of the better GZDoom-specific maps released this year and a great adventure in its own right that sends you on a quest through abandoned villages, catacombs, forests and haunted dungeons to find the titular Demon Blade. Semi-realistic, moderate detailing and great gameplay.

This is also very good.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:00 AM, AL-97 said:

The Demon Blade is one of the better GZDoom-specific maps released this year and a great adventure in its own right that sends you on a quest through abandoned villages, catacombs, forests and haunted dungeons to find the titular Demon Blade. Semi-realistic, moderate detailing and great gameplay.

i also liked it! Solid run & game experience.

Doomer of the Year award to @Daerik for completing Sunlust D2ALL. 4:23:47

I'd like to mention Archi-TEK, because the amount of detail in these maps is just mind-bending. What makes it even more impressive, this is the first public release by this author. While the maps can get confusing and thus probably  aren't Cacoward material by themselves, I think the author qualifies for the "Most promising newcomers" category.

rchi

On 11/15/2020 at 6:13 AM, ‹rd› said:

We're at cutoff time again. Feel free to keep using the thread, but it's unlikely anything new will be considered for this cycle (it'll be for the next). Thanks for all the helpful posts. 

I know there has to be some date that is the cutover date, it makes sense, but you really should try this :

On 11/19/2020 at 12:36 AM, Suitepee said:

+1 for I.H.N.I episode 1 by @Kraja.