Redead-ITA

"Conveyor Hell" A single experimental boom map

Screenshots in this spoiler

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20191213_130755.png.465941e6ac71d0bdec537638d919d61d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191213_130846.png.4fc2cb9b3b8bc28a19660b08077d8ee1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191213_130859.png.d42da5e69e0dcf21090413d7468c3b90.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191213_130913.png.53f5e910afa966373a51bb248bc21230.png

This is a map (MADE IN BOOM FORMAT MIND YOU)(but tested using Prboom+ with no comp level precised) that tries to experiment with (as the level suggests) conveyor belts, so far i haven't really given out a lot of balance work to it, Mostly because i wanted to push myself to publish this map.

It is however More than possible to Complete it in UV, I just recommend you to play this on PRboom+ or similar and not Gzdoom, for the sole reason that gzdoom you can see more and it's somewhat kills the map atmosphere, (Note i haven't tested on software renderer to it so i might be wrong).

Additional notes being: IWAD is DOOM 2, This is pretty much just a level wad (MAP01) there is no custom midi or any other stuff

Also the map doesn't use freelook if you were asking

Download is HERE

Have fun!

Update: fixed some some small issues with the level flow, might still contain some texture missalignment

Edited by Redead-ITA : Indicating what i used for testing

26 minutes ago, Redead-ITA said:

It is however More than possible to Complete it in UV

Why, is this map THAT HARD?

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Why, is this map THAT HARD?

Nope... if anything the last part in UV is somewhat hard

Also updated the wad to fix some flow issues 

Edited by Redead-ITA

Here's a demo

redConveyorHells.rar

I played it on GZDoom, with freelook, jumping, and crouching, because fuck leaving my comfort zone, am i right?

I have no idea how the conveyors work, but they are cool as hell

23 minutes ago, PeceMan said:

I played it on GZDoom, with freelook, jumping, and crouching, because fuck leaving my comfort zone, am i right?

I have no idea how the conveyors work, but they are cool as hell

I can say tho that while i appreciate the fact that you liked the level mechanic, if anything the reason why you wouldn't get how the mechanic works is mostly through jumping part, freelook it's fine and so does crouch (Mostly because i made most of the geometry non possible to crouch on).

i would defenetly recommend giving it a try on boom even if it too much for you, it doesn't hurt to expand your horizons

9 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Is this map broken? Or is just me that i did something wrong, because i can't find anyway the red keycard. Interesting map anyway.

thats odd, the conveyor belts seem to be not working which is bizzare seeing that the feature was in boomedit.wad (then again it could be that i've tested this with prboom with no comp levels, maybe i should point that out)