Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

Best Indie Games of 2019

Ladies and Gents! Boys and Girls! welcome to my unofficial Doomworld best indies of 2019 thread

A lot of great indies got released this year but I'm looking to see what was your favourite 2019 Indie games.

Now then, I do have a few rules:

1) Must be made in 2019 

and

2) Must fit the definition of Indie (Look it up)

My personal favourite indie game was My Friend Pedro: It's a shoot em up in which you go around shooting up places and doing cool ninja shiz (got to keep it family friendly folks) while your Banana friend named Pedro helps you out.

So yeah, let me know what was your favourite this year! Chances are I'll make a Best Indie Games 2020 next year and make this a yearly thing so yeah stay tuned for that also.

I was about to mention a few good indie games but I forgot to read the rules like a dummy... thankfully I do still have a choice!

Untitled Goose Game.

It's literally the only indie game I know of that came out this year and I like. .-.

Blazing Chrome for sure, with an honourable mention to Hades because I really like it even in its still unfinished state. 

I'll go with Gato Roboto, love the aesthetics and sound design, good gameplay, good enemies and levels. Nothing groundbreaking but comfy metroidvania stuff. Honorable mention goes to Indivisible, not sure if it fits the definition of Indie but the art in general is amazing, although there are some complaints on the gameplay side of things it's a great game overall.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, GhoulDesecrator said:

I'll go with Gato Roboto, love the aesthetics and sound design, good gameplay, good enemies and levels. Nothing groundbreaking but comfy metroidvania stuff. Honorable mention goes to Indivisible, not sure if it fits the definition of Indie but the art in general is amazing, although there are some complaints on the gameplay side of things it's a great game overall.

Sorta reminds me of Downwell and Minit, it has that Devolver Digital aesthetic to it.