Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doombringer looking for level designers - Single player (Warning : Picture intensive)

Doombringer is looking for skille level designers to make it's single player episodes more expansive and exciting.

Currently we are working on making the first single player oriented release of DB. But making single player maps is a lot bigger task than making Deathmatch maps. Not only because of the scale, but also because of the number of maps needed, the number of skill settings and the testing required to make sure every problem of the map is solved before it comes into player hands. Where as deathmatch maps are best tested together with the players.

This thread has been a long time coming for DB. But it is definitely time to make a call for people interested in taking part in this game's progress. The people we are looking for are predominantly people who excel at the blocking out of a level and creating exciting scenarios for the players. If you don't have much experience with visuals, that is ok. Visual work I can do pretty easily on my own.

The editor in question is watever you prefer in terms of making Quake (3) maps. I am myself using a custom version of NetRadiant that I find exceptional in most ways and recommend highly. (Link: https://github.com/Garux/netradiant-custom)

Here you can see the game play in action as it is currently:

And of course screenshots:

doombringer20191130221105-00.jpg.a1f32c151478c8e4a33cada5af8a5e52.jpgdoombringer20191207002829-00.jpg.42c574185b3bbce006f8c5651f84addc.jpgdoombringer20191215214633-00.jpg.787a9e6e4e05ee46c3f71c1bedbc0c5b.jpg

doombringer20190906223902-00.jpg.66cc980c02bbb03a8ab83702b13c0870.jpg

doombringer20190906222805-00.jpg.b25e8bb3c2fb44f105c05bcf40bb25f8.jpg

I might have been unclear in my original post. When I said

we are looking for are predominantly people who excel at the blocking out of a level and creating exciting scenarios for the players. If you don't have much experience with visuals, that is ok. Visual work I can do pretty easily on my own.

I didn't mean that anyone who apply are forced to leave their blockouts to me to make my design on them. 

I Merely wanted to make sure people did't feel intimidated towards applying based on feeling like they could not live up to something they had little experience with. What is most important to me, is to get good single player levels. I have a lot of strategies in line to make your job easier. Anyone who works on DB will have the ability to influence the design (to a limit of course, the game will always have it target to reach). 

Anyway, if there are still no applicants. I hope people will still be interested to play the game when it's released to you.