Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlayerOGames666

What's your favourite music type?

Metal and hard rock is what I listen to the most.

Jazz, pop, rock, classical, blues and sub genres.

Some country.

No rap.

Experimental music, Noise music, Punk Rap, Industrial music... Just anything loud and hardcore or slow and soothing

Hip Hop, of many varieties. My favorite artist is probably Tyler, the creator, who usurped MF Doom, both artists have a rocky discography like most prolific musicians, but there's some truly amazing stuff in there. There's also a lot of really cool experimental shit coming out right now, I wouldn't call it "post hip hop" but it can get pretty out there! Not really into alternative rock, that's all my mom listened to when I was growing up, and I think I've had my fill... but I am open to new ideas and genres.

I'm in love with lo-fi hip hop. Just cool beats to help me relax, study or even sleep. I first discovered it back in 2017, and instantly became addicted. I also really enjoy vaporwave. They are very retro-sounding beats that sound almost like something you'd listen to in space. I am listening to it now as I type this, more specifically 憂鬱 - Sun. Amazing!

Midi <3 (really, a lot of midi music is worth listening to, jimmy's and stewboy are the most notable)

usually metal, but there are 3 types of metal that I hear more than all the others that would be electronic metal, symphonic metal and doom metal

Orchestal and classic music

Industrial, dark ambient, darkwave, gothic rock, trance, and old 8- and 16-bit video game music is what I generally listen to the most.  So I'd say those are also my favorites.

I also listen to an unhealthy amount of Touhou music.

- Many kinds of Heavy Metal, including but not limited to:
Groove metal, New metal, Gothic metal, Industrial metal.

- J-Pop

- Chicago-style Blues

- J-Rock/Visual Kei

- Dubstep (very few stuff)

- Breakbeat

- Big Beat

- Progressive, Goa and Psytrance

- 60's and 70's rock.

- Punk rock*
includes some pop-punk, but only to a small extent (e.g.: a few older stuff from bands like Blink-182 and Green Day).

Well, aside from the obvious answer of Frank Zappa, I'd say 80's cheese probably.

Just a few random examples

Music that creates a picture, tells a story or plays with the listener. That is using rich dynamics, intricate processing, various instruments and techniques. This can be found in majority of genres. I'm mainly interested in prog/post/doom/symphonic/atmospheric metal, dark ambient, post rock, dark jazz, avantgarde stuff

I like ambient, dark ambient, smooth jazz maybe the more moodier kind, synth, also shamefully I listen to video game music.

Edited by Avoozl

Jazz fusion, psychadelic rock, synthpop, new wave, industrial, and the occasional dance music.

Artcore, Japanese music, Surreal-like (Kikuohana is a good example), Lovecraftian-like, Videogame OSTs (Covers or FGO OST, for example), some metal (Like on Viking-based songs), rock, Vocaloid music (Or music like Cepheid's), Anime OST, gothic metal, Touhou songs (Be it covers, vocals, etc), electronic (Chilly), Piano (Giorno's theme), etc.

Progressive rock, as you can tell already by my profile pic, and thrash metal.

Nu-Metal, though the only bands I listen to from that genre are Korn and Slipknot. I do enjoy quite a bit of aggrotech and harsh EBM, and other crap like that. I don't have the most refined taste in music.

Oh, and midi music.

I would say hip-hop is my favorite genre, which is ironic because most of the songs on my phone are 90s rock and alternative. I just dont know a lot of hip hop artists, lol. An artist I like is DC the Don. Also a fan of Tyler the Creator.

Whatever to be honest :O

Though disco is one of the top genres :D and i also listen to video game OSTs a lot
(I also listen to "Y2K techno with a eastern european aesthetic" though i have no name for it/don't know what that genre is called)