Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SeanTheBermanator

Doom Sound Bulb - HD sounds that stay true to the original!

1:37 Doom elevator sound 

3:13 Doom pinky bite sound

3:15 Doom mancubus alert

4:40 Doom explosion

4:42 Doom chaingun/ pistol sound

So here is the mancubus alert, so you don't have to make it yourself.

Well, about the Mancubus sound, I already had it. It has some edits that were done to it, it isn't just that Jaguar sound; there is more to it than that. That's why I tried to recreate it.

20 hours ago, Spooky Skeleton boi said:

Sorry to go off-topic, but in 4:45 that could be the Blood Alpha's Tommygun sound. :D

NOTE TO ALL: If you guys want to help me find sound effects for upcoming Sound Bulb mods, please send me a friend request on Discord. I can get you into a group (which only has 4 people at the moment, myself included) that is on the lookout for uncompressed sounds from older video games.

My Discord is SeanTheBermanator#6383

18 hours ago, SeanTheBermanator said:

NOTE TO ALL: If you guys want to help me find sound effects for upcoming Sound Bulb mods, please send me a friend request on Discord. I can get you into a group (which only has 4 people at the moment, myself included) that is on the lookout for uncompressed sounds from older video games.

My Discord is SeanTheBermanator#6383

discord isnt finding you

I've been playing around with the extra sounds and I gotta say, they are quite nice. They fit quite well and none of them seem out of place, well, except for one. That lost soul idle sound. Its kind of strange. Usually I associate a scream/screech sort of sound with them, but the one in the extras sounds too much like a whistle. A slightly paranormal whistle, but a whistle nonetheless. That's really the only sound that could use a bit of tweaking in my opinion, but other than that this is some impressive work. Thanks for your effort!

Just played the first few levels of Doom 2 with this pack, I like it!

It's strange how much better sounds helps, usually I get bored of replaying stock Doom 2 maps rather quickly and stop at Map 3 or 4, but with this pack I played up to the Crusher before I stopped & may continue (I had a really good run going ^_^)

On 4/27/2020 at 3:48 PM, Rymante said:

Just played the first few levels of Doom 2 with this pack, I like it!

It's strange how much better sounds helps, usually I get bored of replaying stock Doom 2 maps rather quickly and stop at Map 3 or 4, but with this pack I played up to the Crusher before I stopped & may continue (I had a really good run going ^_^)

Good to see that this mod actually got someone to enjoy the game. I wish Bethesda could release this for the console ports. Hopefully it becomes popular enough for them to notice.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:57 AM, ate0ate said:

I've been playing around with the extra sounds and I gotta say, they are quite nice. They fit quite well and none of them seem out of place, well, except for one. That lost soul idle sound. Its kind of strange. Usually I associate a scream/screech sort of sound with them, but the one in the extras sounds too much like a whistle. A slightly paranormal whistle, but a whistle nonetheless. That's really the only sound that could use a bit of tweaking in my opinion, but other than that this is some impressive work. Thanks for your effort!

I replaced it now. I don't know when I will release the update, but it should be soon.

1 minute ago, dmslr said:

@SeanTheBermanator are you still working on the project? Or is it finished? Anyway, thank you for this pack! I'm using it since the day 1.

I work on it every now and then. I'm tied up with other projects and occasional assignments. I'll see what I can do. I also got burnt out from Doom.

1 hour ago, Pirx said:

trolling in which way?

i missed this thread originally and found it now, as it came on top. interesting sound pack. i'm testing it now, and it sounds crisp and clean. i used the pk sound pack and notice a higher pitched sound when imp fireballs hit a wall, is that correct?

Um. It's not really pitch. It's slightly altered harmonics. I can maybe upload a preview zip of my latest revisions that I have yet to implement.

Also, that guy's mod feels like that one April Fool's Quake sound pack that only resampled the audio, as well as adding reverb to some and distortion to nearly all. This guy didn't do that third thing, but still.

I really like this! I'll definitely be using this in all of my casual playthroughs for now on. Great job!

On 3/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, Obsidian Plague said:

What did you use to upsample these sounds? What was your process?

I did it manually, but I am unable to explain it. I'm sorry.

6 hours ago, SeanTheBermanator said:

I did it manually, but I am unable to explain it. I'm sorry.

nah it's fine

ATTENTION!

The pack has finally been updated after a whole year! I don't have a changelog because I don't remember everything I did, but it's a massive overhaul of the previous version. The link was updated in the original post!

@SeanTheBermanator Great work. This is my favourite sound pack by far.
Do you know if, besides Geezy, this works well with DOOM Retro and the new fork of PrBoom+ that supports UMAPINFO?
It seems to me  that before, when I tried it, it just resulted in noise but now, I think it may be working fine.

3 hours ago, Adamast0r said:

Do you know if, besides Geezy, this works well with DOOM Retro and the new fork of PrBoom+ that supports UMAPINFO?
It seems to me  that before, when I tried it, it just resulted in noise but now, I think it may be working fine.

I uh... Don't think it will unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Adamast0r said:

Prboom+um added support for this in the 2.6 version.