Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Mapwich 2!! Come join the chaos

I'd like to join (nickname on discord is wa), with zandronum we have to map with a specific format (hexen, UDMF) ?

6 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Any map format is allowed as long as it works in Zandronum and is coop and single player compatible. 

Hope this helps. :)

I believe the sign up list (and the discord) is up to date which means there are currently 48 hapless souls keen mappers for Mapwich 2. Still another 2 weeks to throw your name into the sandwich-I-mean-hat

11 minutes ago, Worm318 said:

Huh I thought I already joined via discord. Welp. I want to join!

Same here, did the react thingy but didn't see my name on the list. Anyways, Captain Mitchell on the discord, would also like to join!

51 minutes ago, Worm318 said:

Huh I thought I already joined via discord. Welp. I want to join!

What he said. Name's Dac on the discord, count me in.

Do we need previously published content to join? I’m relatively new to the mapping scene - been at it for about a year now - and I’m just now working on my first wad I intend to release.

If not, I would very much like to participate. Seems like a good chance to get some experience and start getting my name out there.

25 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Do we need previously published content to join? I’m relatively new to the mapping scene - been at it for about a year now - and I’m just now working on my first wad I intend to release.

If not, I would very much like to participate. Seems like a good chance to get some experience and start getting my name out there.

No previous releases required. We had a few people who had never released a map or even really mapped at all before last time. I'll be making sure new mappers are paired up with someone more experienced as well

28 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Do we need previously published content to join?

I believe it's open to all who want to join.

29 minutes ago, PeterMoro said:

Wish i had time to join this kind of thing. These days i don't even have enough time to finish my own map : (

In my experience strict deadlines really help when it comes to productivity.

10 hours ago, xvertigox said:

In my experience strict deadlines really help when it comes to productivity.

I've heard similar things about speed-mapping. I'm sure it improves a lot of areas. Well I'm definitely gunna to try community projects and speed-mapping and maybe even twitch-streaming some mapping after i finish my current wad. 

I have been reminded that last time I had allowed a week after the drawing of the names for teams to acquaint themselves, agree on a collaborative method and plan their map (which was a good idea). In order to keep things the same I will be moving the name drawi g forward a week and keeping the start date for mapping that first weekend in January. There's still a week to decide whether or not you want to join. 

I will also be writing up an official set of rules. There's twice as many people this so I think some clear guidlines will be good. I'll post clear dates and times with the rules in the next couple of days 

2 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

agree on a collaborative method and plan their map

Person #1: "So, how many Archviles should there be?"

Person #2: "All of the Archviles."

Person #1: "Excellent, let's do this."