Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Mapwich 2!! Come join the chaos

At work now, but I'll jump in the discord. I'm a little intimidated by the quality of the screenshots, but I feel ready for a community project. I might need someone to hold my hand though. 

1 hour ago, olio said:

At work now, but I'll jump in the discord. I'm a little intimidated by the quality of the screenshots, but I feel ready for a community project. I might need someone to hold my hand though. 

Perfect community project for this ;p

@RonnieJamesDiner stop reading my notes :/

Confirming the schedule for Mapwich 2

Drawing of the names: Friday 27th of December 2000 GMT +13

1 week of getting to know your team mate and map planning

Mapwich 2 build period starts: Friday 3rd of January 2400 GMT +13

2 week build time

1 week of testing/balancing/tweaking

Submissions: Sunday 26th of Jan 2400 GMT +13 (or there abouts)

Still a bit less than a week to join up. I'll be accepting new mappers up until the drawing of the names.

I reacted to the post under Announcements in the discord, which I was told was enough, but just in case here I am lol 

64 sign ups to date so we have technically hit full megawad status :D

3 days till the Drawing of the Names and sign ups will be accepted up until an hour before the teams are assigned. The Mapwich is thicc ... let's make it thiccer

Drawing of the names is in a bit over 12 hours. If there is anyone who doesn't want to be included please let me know before then. Also if there is anyone willing to work in 2 teams in the event of an uneven number make it known to me.

A reminder that only otex textures are to be used and the supercharge mod is part of the resource pack. I will be compiling something for everyone to use in the next week but feel free to use them individually during the week of planning

I want to know what is a "camrons", anyway I'll take a look at therektafire maps and putting out some ideas of what to do for our map! I have some standard points for the layout concept (large rooms, wide doors, also monster closets or monster teleports in the area when something important is taken)

THE MAPWICHENING IS UPON US!!!

Build time starts now boys and girls
Credit to Insane Gazebo for the sexy titlepic
unknown.png

because that bfg is totally not a trap at all...>.>  OH COOL A BFG i needed that!...walks up grabs it...hmm why do i hear.....dead p_p

Holy shit. This is looking fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on this. I was thinking of signing up but I am very inexperienced in making these hyper-detailed, epic maps of size and grandeur. I'm a vanilla guy I'd say. :)

8 hours ago, Hcoop111 said:

because that bfg is totally not a trap at all...>.>  OH COOL A BFG i needed that!...walks up grabs it...hmm why do i hear.....dead p_p

Totally not a trap

8 hours ago, Scorpius said:

Holy shit. This is looking fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on this. I was thinking of signing up but I am very inexperienced in making these hyper-detailed, epic maps of size and grandeur. I'm a vanilla guy I'd say. :)

There's actually a fair variety of mapping styles and a few complete beginners. Otex has a tendency to make things look more detailed due to the high quality of the textures. But yes, there is a freakish amount of talent on display. Completely blown away by what people are making. The amount of energy and effort people are putting into Mapwich is quite humbling

On 1/22/2020 at 3:39 AM, DwarfCleric said:

Leaving a post to get notifications... 

Top right of the page adjacent to the title is a follow button for this purpose. :)

As expected, the screenshots coming out from this look amazing! :D

Spoiler

Ah damn missed the opportunity to sign up. Guess I'll have to wait for X months then :P

Btw, I'm hyped now. Keep it up guys!

There's quite a lack of footage here so allow me to present to you:

aJDUL0z.png

bdiWi02.png

819MGX6.png

uETW29z.png

r2lAcii.png

DC3HDrN.png

M O R B I D  M A N O R

Coming soon to a Mapwich near you.

(Collaboration map between me and Remmirath)

MOAR screenies!

HWWYrzA.png

Di0GQXR.png

eK15rTm.png

viLvSaI.png

48eiYRm.png