Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Steam Winter sale 2019

I don't normally make these threads, but this sale was special for me because it coincides with the arrival of my new computer.

Doom 2016

Yakuza 0

Dark Souls Remastered

Resident Evil/Biohazard HD REMASTER

Plague Inc: Evolved

Retro Maze

Super Mutant Alien Assault

55 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Dark Souls Remastered

Resident Evil/Biohazard HD REMASTER

One of my favourite games of all time and one of the ones I most hated encapsulated here :P 

I got Killer Instinct because of the soundtrack mainly, I played it a bit, its pretty good but I can't really play fighters much anymore (messed up hands). I probably will just play some more Doom, Heretic and Blood over the holidays, when I do game. 

Axiom Verge. This will be the last game I will ever buy before I transfer my data to my upcoming Ryzen 5 based system. (I'm due for an upgrade, as well.)

OH GOD WHY DID I NOT WAIT UNTIL TODAY TO BUY BLASTER MASTER ZERO 2

Edited by HavoX

Ah, crap. Here we go again. Sorry bank account.

Doom Classic Complete collection is 70% off! Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, and Master Levels for $5. Those games any good?  

13 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Doom Classic Complete collection is 70% off! Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, and Master Levels for $5. Those games any good?  

I've kinda heard that they are, like pretty good. 

Well, I knew it would be worth it for Final Fantasy 9 to finally go on sale. I got that along with River City Girls, although I will probably have to buy a controller to play that game since playing on keyboard is such a pain in the ass.

EDIT: I also bought BroForce. Fun time-waster of a game with nonstop explosions and blood and guns.

Edited by Lizardcommando

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Those games fucking suck tbh, would not reccoment

I feel like that I've got enough resistance to a Steam Sale to the point that I don't even noticed that sale is happening now.
What games will you guys recommend me to buy? (any)

16 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I feel like that I've got enough resistance to a Steam Sale to the point that I don't even noticed that sale is happening now.

What genre/s are you particularly interested in?

bought doom '16. but can't play it until I buy a good pc to play on *cries in lenovo T400*

5 minutes ago, Ajora said:

What genre/s are you particularly interested in?

Like I said, any.

But well, I mostly play RPGs and FPSs. Puzzle, platformers are also good. 
And I prefer games to be lowend friendly.

@R1ck There's a Doom 4 FPS boost guide on Youtube by LowSpecGamer that is pretty good. I beated it using the guide with a consistent 40 FPS with no problem.

8 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Like I said, any.

But well, I mostly play RPGs and FPSs. Puzzle, platformers are also good. 
And I prefer games to be lowend friendly.

@R1ck There's a Doom 4 FPS boost guide on Youtube by LowSpecGamer that is pretty good. I beated it using the guide with a consistent 40 FPS with no problem.

Grandia HD is on sale.

4 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Grandia HD is on sale.

Should have mentioned that I am against JRPGs for no reasons. I'll give it a look anyway, thanks.

2 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Two series I've had a tremendous amount of fun with are Kingdom Rush (tower defense), and Orcs Must Die (third-person action / tower defense). Solid, fun, casual games that are super easy to get into, and don't require any kind of time commitment to enjoy. 

10 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Kingdom Rush

Currently playing Bloons TD 6 (which is also very fun), is this game series better? Have been on my radar for quite a while now.

7 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Currently playing Bloons TD 6 (which is also very fun), is this game series better? Have been on my radar for quite a while now.

I haven't played any of the latest Bloons TD games (I think the last one I played was 2 or 3). I'm not sure it's a case of better or worse, it's just different. I definitely prefer the art style of KR a lot more, and it has some really beautiful animations. It just feels like a more "polished" game, if that's fair to say, including the SFX and music. 

It seems like my entire wishlist is on sale, going by the emails I'm getting... But even at massive discounts, I just don't want to spend any money on games when I've got so many I've not played yet. This shall be an exercise in impulse control... Or not opening Steam.

I'm refraining from buying anything for myself this year, but I bought some gifts for a couple friends.

4 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Two series I've had a tremendous amount of fun with are Kingdom Rush (tower defense), and Orcs Must Die (third-person action / tower defense). Solid, fun, casual games that are super easy to get into, and don't require any kind of time commitment to enjoy. 

You might like Rats Bats & bones then, pretty good tower defence game I've been playing on and off since I got it around Halloween. 

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

I'm refraining from buying anything for myself this year, but I bought some gifts for a couple friends.

good, good

'Tis the season for giving.

13 hours ago, Ajora said:

Doom 2016

Dark Souls Remastered

Both are pretty good, but if you want to go through more than 100 hours of Hell I'd choose DS Remaster

@TheNoob_Gamer I was just thinking, if you're looking for something easy to get into that's fun and has mass appeal, I'd check out Strikey Sisters. It's basically an Arkanoid clone, but a really good one. Everybody loves that game.

23 hours ago, seed said:

The Max Payne games <3 .

aNzL5r6_460s.jpg

Ouch, that looks painful. But then again, I'm still recovering from cataract surgery...

Edited by HavoX

On 12/20/2019 at 1:20 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Rpgs you say...

Sacred 2 is a good RPG that's on for $4.24 (Canadian moolah). Avoid Sacred 3 at all costs tho...

Drakensang is another fun RPG, if you like lots of roaming about, picking herbs and tactical combat for $2.74. There's also Drakensang: The River of Time that's a prequel to the first one which is going for $5.49.

Torchlight ($5.09) and Torchlight II ($10.99) are on sale too.

If you like some side scrolling in your RPGs you could try the Trine series. I only played the first one so far, it was pretty cool and I tend to not play many side-scroll games. Lots of physics based puzzles and cool art.

Oh and also if you don't mind rogue-like and pixel graphics, Delver is pretty fun. I usually don't care for rogue-like games but this one is decent and the price is $8.74

If you like Skyrim and Oblivion, etc... theres a similar RPG that completely went under the wire called Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The base game is $4.99 and the version with all the DLC is $9.99. Hmm I don't seem to own the DLC...

Anyhow might be something in there you haven't played and the prices are really low.

I have yet to buy anything during this sale. I had just purchased Prey and Dishonored 2 for $18 about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Still messing with Prey but coming to the end I'm sure.

Got me some cheap and (partly) janky games because I've been wanting to play something less polished and enjoy a different kind of games:

Xenus II: White Gold and its sequel Precursors

Serious Sam 2 to play with my pal

A Robot Named Fight (roguelite + metroidvania sounds right up my alley)

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword (for the Eastern European setting of it)

On 12/20/2019 at 5:05 AM, MFG38 said:

I used to gift lots of stuff to friends on Steam, but lately I almost always get the "Regional price difference" bullshit, and I simply can't.

After redeeming 3 Steam gift cards and getting a pile of tokens I received a voucher for $6.50, which was a nice bonus.

• Far Cry: Blood Dragon
  • Project Warlock
  • Aragami
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Wondering if I should grab the director's cut of Deus Ex Human Revolution when I already own the vanilla version, which I never did get around to playing. I certainly have plans to do that soon.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:47 PM, Doom_Dude said:

Oh and also if you don't mind rogue-like and pixel graphics, Delver is pretty fun. I usually don't care for rogue-like games but this one is decent and the price is $8.74

Heh, thanks for the recommendation. Looks like I won't be getting any games this sale.
By the way, you may want to check out Barony (if you don't mind the graphics, the gameplay is 10x better than Delver. And it has 4 player multiplayer too!)