Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

What are your objectives for 2020? (Doom Edition)

Hello !

We are not in 2020 yet but 2019 ended with the cacowards after all. So , I want to know your goals for 2020 , mapping-related or not.

So, my goals are :

- Finish my map for a big w.i.p project by the french community

- Finish my personal reviews on Paul977 and Didy's maps.

- Finish my Ultimate Doom map for Deadly Standards 3 , a community project led by Walter confetti.

- Play at least 50 wads I never played or a bit.

- Make at least three D2all-max speedruns on megawads

- Continue working on my personal wip mapset.

- Create a map with at least 5 textures made by myself in order to test my photoshop skills.

- Participate on every ironman challenge (and hopefully survive) led by Alfonzo.

- Find a job to conclude my studies   (oops not Doom-related ;))

If I've not finished making Doom II: 25 Years on Earth, then my goal will be to immediately finish it. After that, I think I'll chill out on mapping significantly. I've been working hard at it for the last few months and it's honestly been a bit much.

So I've got a standing goal to finish "a project" in the next 12 months, probably participate in some other stuff, but, ultimately, beat a huge chunk of my games collection (maybe 100?)

You beat me, I was going to start this thread right before the end of the year (:

From my past goals I can say I finally embraced my inner mapper and made a few levels which some of them have yet to see the light. This would be the biggest achievement, as thanks to many great people I met throughout the year that inspired me to start something on my own. Also tried and even voluntarily tested gzdoom maps for some of these people, where I found out my laptop can't support the latest builds of gzd. On another side, think that creating demos to post on my youtube channel was also a good incentive to keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

Since next year is going to be a little different for me, as far as goals I set these ones:

- Start a doom 1 megawad for once and for all. If there's ever going to exist a solo project by me to give to the community, better be that one.

- Simultaneously, make other types of maps, for CPs perhaps. A Heretic map would be awesome.

- Record a playthrough of Plutonia 2 and upload it to youtube, which means to bare with the obnoxious map 30 again. Did I mention that in seven playthroughs, I could only beat it twice? Someone had to tell TV his Romero head placement was ass and fix it.

- Join the Ironman league at least in two different occasions. 

- Guess playing more stuff is obvious.

EDIT:

- Finnish this Interception II map.

- Also make demos of other mapsets too, such as to finnish HR2, would like to grow my youtube channel even if it has almost no recognition :x

- Get back to playtesting the maps I volunteered to test for some people.

- Draw one pending status bar.

- Less overworking myself until I learn to keep it simple first. 

- Make a cacodemon ornament for my Christmas tree. If there's space then a pain elemental one too.

Edited by galileo31dos01 : added more

I think I did nothing close to my goal in the last year... When having a regular job just exhausts me, totally I have no time to do stuff.

Make a excel page list of all my wip wads done so far that needs to be completed then finish them, from the most urgent to finish to least.

2020 Doom goals:

* Formally announce my Heretic project ("Kuroneko Project") under it's actual name

* Get my Heretic project mostly or completely finished

* Make some vanilla-inspired maps for Doomsday just for fun

5 hours ago, Roofi said:

Participate on every ironman challenge (and hopefully survive) led by Alfonzo  NaZa.

FTFY :)
Here's my 2020 goals, by the way

-Test my patience at making a 20-map megawad.

-Complete 1-5 megawads.

-Get better at playing Doom in general.

-Actually participating (and finish) an Ironman event for once.

Create my first mapset (9MAPS minimum) with dehacked enemies (BOOM Complevel 9 compatibility), and make an official release.  Not exactly good at map making, but I'm gonna try to finish something for this game.

25 minutes ago, AD_79 said:

Release a project. I swear it's gonna happen this time!!

Basically this. I want to finish the mapset I've been casually working on.

Make one good level (more than that is a bonus)

Play everything I thought I had time for in 2019

Try more GZDoom stuff

Make at least one map for a community project (already signed up for one)

Learn how to play slaughter maps, Rush and Sunder are happening for sure

#1 goal is to finish Realm of Intensified Chaos.  It's been 1 map away from completion for the last 5 years. ;D

#2 is to keep working on a back-channel, multi-mapper megawad that now has 24 map candidates.

#3 is to continue working on Grinning Like An Undertaker, The Amiga Demo Party Of Doom.

#4 is to start work on my second Ultimate Doom episode, The Ghosts of Neptune, because Neptune needs more love.

#5 is to do more playtesting of other people's maps.

#6 is to participate in Ironman as often as I can.

#7 and finally, to attend more Suitepee streams. I love hanging out there.

First and foremost, get Rowdy Rudy II fixed up to it's maximum potential and release it!

Secondly, make more Doom video on my YouTube. There's so many more tutorials and random things that totally warrant a video.

Thirdly, make at least one "proper modern" map with beautiful visuals and detail.

7 hours ago, seed said:

Stop being so salty and cursing excessively.

I need to get saltier and curse even more!

I'm still thinking on that, as my goals constantly change or I have new ones while time passes, buuuut..

Well, as this is DooM-related mainly, I don't have many right now, actually.

• Release the First Episode of my new Project, The Chaotic Tides of Agrazoth, depending on the future and how everything goes.

Right now I have some progress on it, may release the short version of E1S1's Demo it before the year ends but who knows.

•Learn as much as I can for things that I have not touched, I don't like coding but I'm learning slowly step by step in case I need it later.

•Get to play more Mods, including SHRINE which I never finished because my PC was once again formatted, F.

•Get to collaborate on any Mapping Project with slots available, my first mod didn't have a very big impression aside of the gimmick it had (Thanks, Lovecraft, you inspire me a lot) so I want to use this gimmick to make a much.. "worse" map, on the good way. Smirk.

Go to gym and lose weight and think more positively, that's all I can think of right now.

Edited by Avoozl

In 2020 I'll... 

– try not to disappoint the people on whose projects I work on

– try not to disappoint myself

– try to improve my combat scenarios

– try to map in Boom

– try to participate in more CPs

– try to catch up on my backlog of Doom WADs

5 minutes ago, elend said:

In 2020 I'll... 

– try not to disappoint the people on whose projects I work on

– try not to disappoint myself

– try to improve my combat scenarios

– try to map in Boom

– try to participate in more CPs

– try to catch up on my backlog of Doom WADs

Oh yeah I also should improve my combat scenarios heh!

I lately have been using a small trick in order to do combat much better, I don't know how effective is it but I can tell you if ya wish.

Also I can agree with second point heh, lately my expectations have been made true, I also don't know how but I hope the same goes for you!

29 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

First and foremost, get Rowdy Rudy II fixed up to it's maximum potential and release it!

Secondly, make more Doom video on my YouTube. There's so many more tutorials and random things that totally warrant a video.

Thirdly, make at least one "proper modern" map with beautiful visuals and detail.

I need to get saltier and curse even more!

I also believe in you dude, I know you will be able to do a "modern" map!

For me you are an expert on this, but what helped me was not use vanilla textures and go straight for custom stuff, while analyzing WADs that looked "modern", thus I could have a base, and make something from it.

On the present, though, I do it from my own ideas, mostly.

There's quite a few D2ALLs and D1 episode runs that I got really close to finishing, but a few failed attempts really far in made me give them up for a while.

I'm gonna see if I can grind those ones out next year.