Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

What are your objectives for 2020? (Doom Edition)

12 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

Oh and also bully @Dragonfly into making Eviternity 3 :)

You know, that sort of begs the question of whether you've already convinced him to make Eviternity 2.

16 minutes ago, Rayziik said:

I have a single goal for this year.

p7x6tkR.png

:D

On 12/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, intacowetrust said:

2020 objective: work on porting PSX Doom to PC. That should probably keep me occupied for the year, possibly longer! :)

Oh hey, you're the man who made Phoenix Doom. If whatever you come up with for PSX Doom is going to be as good as PD, I'm definitely interested :) .

By the way, there currently is a port for PSX Doom, based on an old version of GZDoom (slightly incomplete currently, however). You might want to take a look at it for one thing or another.

-Play more regularly to catch up on backlog.

-Participate in ironman threads more.

-Put an effort into making and hopefully releasing a map.

2 hours ago, seed said:

Oh hey, you're the man who made Phoenix Doom. If whatever you come up with for PSX Doom is going to be as good as PD, I'm definitely interested :) .

By the way, there currently is a port for PSX Doom, based on an old version of GZDoom (slightly incomplete currently, however). You might want to take a look at it for one thing or another.

Yep that's me! :) 

Thanks for the link, definitely good to have as many reference points as possible! Just posted an update on this topic in another thread:

10 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

You know, that sort of begs the question of whether you've already convinced him to make Eviternity 2.

Sorry to disappoint but my 2020 goals are to work more on Prodeus and maintain the healthier life I've been living throughout 2019. :P

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Sorry to disappoint but my 2020 goals are to work more on Prodeus and maintain the healthier life I've been living throughout 2019. :P

Sound like damn fine goals to me

Maybe finish a map idea I had for quite some time... And try to beat Sigil for the first time (I haven't had any time this year, ok?)

If I have the chance, finish playing Eviternity and Sunlust.

Main goals are to finish work on Dancing in the Abyss and Near Death Experiences, quite keen to have both released and see what yall think :)
Biggest overarching goal though: keep an open mind, and keep learning.

33 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

Main goals are to finish work on Dancing in the Abyss and Near Death Experiences, quite keen to have both released and see what yall think :)
Biggest overarching goal though: keep an open mind, and keep learning.

You've truly grown as a mapper, more than anyone else I've seen. Keep up the excellent work!

I've been neglecting posting in here, but to make up for that here is a list of things I want to do for 2020.

• More updates to Doom 64 Retribution, at least 4 more (one new episode each) leading up to the big 2.0 release
  • Get back to work on my old ass megawad attempt called Depraved. I started too ambitious but I think now I can be more serious with it.
  • New project idea I've been cooking up, I want to lay out the concept and get at least 1 map done as proof of concept for myself.
  • Properly finish SIGIL (been neglecting finishing it)
  • Play all the fantastic releases I've missed, like Eviternity and many others

None, but I'll probably play some wads and record some demos. I'll try not to get suckered into something more time-consuming, but who knows?

Since i don't map (although i wouldn't mind trying my hands at it at some point in the future when i finally get better) i just want to actually play more Doom. I've been "neglecting" playing it as i've just been sleeping a lot and not really doing much of anything, literally. When i am at my desk i usually just check Doomworld and my notifications (which can be in the hundreds lol) and/or watch Twitch/youtube.

I want to try playing Doom on a different source port besides GZDoom. I tried Crispy Doom the other day and i'm still messing with the feel of the mouse. Once i get it just right, i'll be happy and than i'll probably replay through all of the Doom games and/or some PWAD's. Who knows? :)

EDIT: I also was planning on playing through Doom 2 on my Xbox One (i already played through classic Doom) but i think i'll just wait for the updates that are going to happen soon. Besides, i suck with a controller haha!

I am planning to finish the rest of the Jazz Jackrabbit Doom TC. I don't have a lot to do but it'll take time.

• 3 maps need to be fully redesigned and I should be done for the most part.
  • Need to add a FastFire pickup
  • Need to work on a "Player Idle Animation" States feature
  • Minor touchups to maps. Mainly adding more detail.
  • Design a new Jazz Jackrabbit Title Screen Art

These are my goals for now. I'm sure more changes will pop up cause I want this mod to be better than the v2.1 that is up for download.

In 2020 I want our megawad Czechbox finally released. I've seen some feedback, videos on youtube from streaming and such... I kinda forget to thank all the people who betatested our megawad.

I also plan to check our megawad Zones of Fear and maybe fix some issues and release version 2. Mostly because people from time to time send me some feedback via PM and so on.

I also could release version 2 of Fucking Hexen and It's Real and It Kills megawads.

I will upload them to moddb.com and maybe here on Doom World, but I am not sure if it's possible to update wads here... like what exactly happens when there is a file like megawad1.wad and someone upload on FTP file with the same name megawad1.wad... does it overwrite it or...?

But I am not sure what's happening with Doomworld. /news seems to be dead and nothing happens there and https://www.doomworld.com/files/ shows totally different descriptions for files and this happens like for two years now.

Anyway I plan to work on a new Hexen Megawad. I wanted to try something new, some zdoom modern thing, but eventually I realized I need to make more vanilla Hexen megawads. I have lots of ideas for this one and I want to make them alive. Hexen is so underrated game and acs scripting so such fun and it gives you so many possibilities what to make.

Also I've been diagnosed with having autism. Maybe I should do something about it next year lol.

Make a 6 map Doom 2 episode or Zone 300 sequel (not guaranteed). Make more Next Doom Odyssey maps.

Ok, we're now on the cusp of 2020. The goals for the year are now final:

• Finish Doom II: 25 Years on Earth
    • 4 maps to make
    • 6 maps to balance and adjust from their original form
    • complevel 2 compatibility for all existing maps
  • Start/finish another project within the calendar year
    • I've got three UDoom GZDoom projects in various states of "having just started" that could do nicely, although I'd have to work out how to proceed with those
  • DBPs!
    • Participate in some. I won't promise all, as I don't know what I'll be up to in a few months, but I'd like to be in a few, at least.

The main job, though, has nothing to do with Doom (other than to take time away from it), and is to beat 100 games and/or DLC. I've got a big list of 216, and a few routes of attacking it worked out. As soon as 25YoE is done, that is my main focus.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, seed said:

Stop being so salty and cursing excessively.

Didn't expect to look back here so soon.

Can already consider this a failed objective. So, no goals, as per usual...

Yeah I got a little project that I hope to release in the first half of next year, it's about 65% done at the moment but I find that my creativity ebbs and flows. So while in the past two weeks I've made good progress there might come a time where I don't open the editor for months :/ 

I'm also hoping that someone starts up CC5 since I'd love to be a part of that.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:10 PM, Dragonfly said:

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

nvm.

Edited by seed

• Finish my work on The People's Doom
  • Release TekRiot
  • Participate in another DWMP\OMP
  • Participate in another Nova if someone would be brave enough to curate this
  • Starting make my own "cluster" shiz (DON'T JUDGE, BLAME, WHATEVER)

- To finish all static decorations and items in RDVOX

- To release a 5-6map demo of Tormention Hour (zth) - my survival horror project (Q/Zdoom based)

The second one is ambitiour and requires lots of time because i use to create nearly all the resources for my projects - textures, sprites, voxels/3d models, even music, and only sounds i take from free sound sites and anyway edit a little. But a good thing that i have allready finished 3 of those maps, most of textures and voxels, and 4,5 and even 7 and 12 maps are in process. So i think i will finish demo in 2020)

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_011515.png.37d5f622e8dd9706f1a9e9870a8f95c1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013123.png.7e350fca0a457a1eb47ff71bff56548d.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013141.png.eca0a805d5f9c00a59cac2160e378bb4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013216.png.1f5f33c22d28b0c2a9e735f0b5b39078.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013228.png.e4f541ba43b55bc32dc41c0275bbaa96.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013301.png.e7396ac258d06bdd0bfb3eaf342cd1ee.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013340.png.0dd7f7e93ff221bb6358751199f16941.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013401.png.be05032d56e3314c501d7bf16f2cbcbe.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013433.png.25b7686ec759350066a20b93a377462c.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013443.png.623513474445945ff07267f026865c08.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013614.png.df41363c8c9cea98ac62177fd2cf2daa.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200101_013650.png.0e389e23e6a9c9c33b054b4b2d0037e4.png

Finish making Depths 2, and do a long-ass stream where I complete Doom Eternal from start to finish.

4 hours ago, andrewj said:

I have some ideas for a new random level generator....

now, i'm starting to believe that 2020 is a great year.

-Finish Map18 in style of map11 for Switcheroom 2 (abandoned due lack of time)
-Make a map for 1k lines project 2
-Make 2 or 3 maps for my personal project

Edited by Chainie

Get my GED and finally enlist into a Armed Forces Branch. New fresh start to 2020.

and play more Doom. :)

Well...

01. Make a map for Mapwich 2.

02. Make a map for Elementalism.

03. Make at least one map for Refracted Reality.

04. Make all maps for Doom RPG Remake.

05. Do something for Near Death Expirience.

06. Make a map for Techbound.

07. Continue developing of one unfinished unnamed map for Serious Sam.

08. Bring in a normal view and open to all the discord "portfolio server".

09. Start to make maps for few secret projects...

10. Try NOT to enter another projects AT ALL.
11. And try NOT to die by mental exhausion.

• Finish 3-episode megawad (27 maps)
  • Make a MIDI soundtrack for said megawad
  • Try to finish Doom II because I still haven't done that for some reason