Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AJOgames

GZDoom Builder-Bugfix "Error in mscorlib"

Yesterday I kept getting this error whenever I tried to load a map in GZDB Bugfix, I looked into it a bit, and as far as I can tell, it has to do with the custom WAD I have, which is mostly custom textures and objects, the odd thing is that I was able to run GZDB just fine two days ago . I did add more textures to the WAD yesterday, but that was before I tried to to load it up, only to get the error.

The custom wad I have has 9 flats, 70 sprites, and 1,187 textures, most of which are truecolor PNG images within the 32x32-128x128 range of image resolutions.

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
GZDB: R3107
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.WADReader.LoadTextureSet(String sourcename, Stream texturedata, List`1& images, PatchNames pnames)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.WADReader.LoadTextures(PatchNames pnames, Dictionary`2 cachedparsers)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.LoadTextures(Dictionary`2 list, Dictionary`2 nametranslation, Dictionary`2 cachedparsers)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.Load(DataLocationList configlist, DataLocationList maplist)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Data.DataManager.Load(DataLocationList configlist, DataLocationList maplist, DataLocation maplocation)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.ReloadResources(Boolean clearerrors)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.ShowMapOptions()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

8 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

It mentions r3107, did you recently update from a version before r3018?

Whenever an update is available, GZDB-BugFix automatically asks if you want to update it, which I've been doing since I first downloaded it.

Do I have to to do a manual download to fix it?

34 minutes ago, AJOgames said:

Whenever an update is available, GZDB-BugFix automatically asks if you want to update it, which I've been doing since I first downloaded it.

Do I have to to do a manual download to fix it?

No, but ...

as I pointed out in the tutorial, any version after r3018 needs to have an upgrade to .NET Framework and SlimDX.

Thanks, I have downloaded both Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 and the SlimDX End User Runtime .NET 4.0 (January 2012) x64 (64 bit) hopefully this fixes the issue.

Edit: I already have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7, as soon as I tried to install it, it told me I already had it, so that was a pointless download, but I just finished installing SlimDX, 

Edited by AJOgames

On 12/21/2019 at 9:12 PM, Kappes Buur said:

No, but ...

as I pointed out in the tutorial, any version after r3018 needs to have an upgrade to .NET Framework and SlimDX.

Thanks, but It still doesn't seem to work. however, I did find something rather interesting on ZDoom Forums...it's sometthing called "Ultimate Doom Builder"

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=232&t=66745

23 hours ago, AJOgames said:

... it's something called "Ultimate Doom Builder"

Yes, the devs have taken up the mantle again.

Now the editor no longer has to rely on SlimDX, plus quite a few other fixes to GZDB-BF.

The latest version of UDB can be downloaded from here.

Edited by Kappes Buur