Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sasha

Crazy Maps Doomworld Project (cancelled)

Rules:

* A single map or miniepisode (2-4 maps) or episode (5,6 or more maps) and/or HUBs per author
* Maps should be playable in ZDOOM 2.8.1 in single player mode (IWAD is doom2.wad).
* The difficulty on UV can be 2-4 by scale in list of hard wads (https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/91871-doom-ii-list-of-all-hard-wads/). Implement difficulty levels to the best of your ability.
* Authors can use a DEHACKED patch (in file resources.zip, I plan to change one fast rocket to fast ssg weapon)
* New DECORATE monsters, weapons and other things are allowed!
* New music is allowed, as long as it does not break copyright, or is of an excessive file size. MIDIs and OGG are preferred.
* Maps should be satisfy other Doomworld rules for maps  and ethical standards.
* The resources from other wads may be used in this project if authors of them allows them.
* Published map requires the MAPINFO description. Authors of episodes or HUBs may be write an exittext in MAPINFO.

Authors of the HUBs can be contacted to obtain the map numbers or use the scripts with global parameters to transfer between maps.

For the availability of the resources by other participants authors may be share used resources (patches, floors, sprites, ...) to include them in the resources.zip (it will be changed after new recourses are coming), the new resources having the same names should be renamed.

The file resources.zip  contains also layout of project.

Edited by Sasha

On 12/21/2019 at 6:26 PM, Walter confetti said:

What is the max number of maps for the episodes / HUB in the map?

I do not want to limit them.

2 hours ago, Sasha said:

I do not want to limit them.

So, for example, if a mapper want to do a 20 map level is it ok?

21 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

So, for example, if a mapper want to do a 20 map level is it ok?

20 maps is almost a megawad, and in this case author is not needed to join to any community project, but, if author want he/she may to join to project... 

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

This project is like your but limited map. You can ask the author.

I agree, the difference is only in the hardness of levels and in dehacked (I put them during the January) ...

The rules of DMP2020 are agreeable for me. If I will have any ideas for it I will submit a map... 

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I like boom compatibel because of recording demos... 

I don't know a boom compartible wad unplayble in ZDOOM, and I expect that some maps are "any boom compartible"...

Boom compatibile Maps are fully playable in zdoom engine afaik, they could have some problem with playback demos recorded with boom engine, I think.

Boom can work on all compatibel. But if someone create a map for zdoom and its quite challenge, nobody could do a walk and demo. Look at DSDA and you can see overall PRBoom v2.5.1.3cl2 (https://www.dsdarchive.com/players/ancalagon). This tool works only with boom

There exist GZDoom v2.2.0, but something nobody use this tool. Probably there are no TAS or something tools

Edited by CrazyDoomguy

On 12/21/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sasha said:

Maps should be playable in ZDOOM 2.8.1 in single player mode (IWAD is doom2.wad).

Do you mean that vanilla, limit-removing, and Boom maps are allowed in addition to ZDoom maps? Or just ZDoom maps, like in ToD's DMP 2020?

On 12/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, Sasha said:

The size of all maps (without textures, sprites, ...) from author (in zip) is 10 MB.

10 mb is the max size or the standardized file size for every wad? 10 mb zipped of raw wad using only stock assets should be a big bad beast of a wad... Like that 10 hours wad or something like that lol

5 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Boom can work on all compatibel. But if someone create a map for zdoom and its quite challenge, nobody could do a walk and demo. Look at DSDA and you can see overall PRBoom v2.5.1.3cl2 (https://www.dsdarchive.com/players/ancalagon). This tool works only with boom

There exist GZDoom v2.2.0, but something nobody use this tool. Probably there are no TAS or something tools

I think that demos can be played and recorded for G/Zdoom? Even if it's not used a lot like prboom...

On 1/6/2020 at 11:53 PM, Walter confetti said:

10 mb is the max size or the standardized file size for every wad? 10 mb zipped of raw wad using only stock assets should be a big bad beast of a wad... Like that 10 hours wad or something like that lol

I mean that the size of all author's maps (map+things+...+blockmap+behavior+scripts) + used music of all maps in zip is less them 10 MB. It is very big size for Doom and Hexen, but not very big for UDMF. I don't know exactly what to do if the file size exceeds the requirements ofdoomworld database. May be better this point to rewrite in the form "the size of each music lump is less then ...".

I put the file with DEHACKED patch and layout of project. The sprites of dehacked weapons will be changed. Also I correct the rules.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:13 PM, Pegleg said:

Do you mean that vanilla, limit-removing, and Boom maps are allowed in addition to ZDoom maps?

Yes.