Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
some guy who made a wad

what would a wolfenstein movie look like?

Someone made a thread about a wolfenstein-like movie a couple of months ago. The movie he was taking about is called "Gotterdammerung" which will release in 2020.

See: https://www.roman-sky-pictures.de/english/gotterdammerung/

Long teaser: Here

Short teaser: Here

There is also another wolfenstein-like movie called Overlord. Its trailer can be seen Here. From what I read, it is actually a pretty good movie.

32 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

There is also another wolfenstein-like movie called Overlord. Its trailer can be seen Here. From what I read, it is actually a pretty good movie. 

100% agree. Overlord is the best non-Wolfenstein Wolfenstein movie to date IMO.

there was a Polish soldier during WW2 named Witold Pilecki and he organized a plan to gather intelligence and organize resistance among the prisoners from within Auschwitz - not only that, but he volunteered to be imprisoned to carry the plan out. He was imprisoned and also managed to later escape. There's a lot more to his story but that's the basics.

Take that story, add some Castles and a Mecha-Hitler and you're good to go.

I think a movie would try to incorporate the weird cult shit the Nazis were doing, so maybe like the second half of Old Blood?

Pretty much smash Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 2009, and Old Blood together. I can't see it being a theater release, but a straight to streaming release might work. Just general bad-assery on B.J.'s part and the occult mixed together would make for a fun movie. But nothing that I would bother going to see in the theater. The Doom movie taught me to never go see video game based movies. The only other video game movie that I've seen in theaters was Super Mario Bros. And I liked it. Because I was a child.

And just stay away from TNO and TNC. 

Le vieux fusil is a movie about a guy going into a Nazi-infested castle with an old shotgun and killing all the nazis one-by-one, picking up a flamethrower on the way to eliminate the nazi boss with.

You can hardly do a more Wolfensteiny plot than that, even if it doesn't have all the comic-booky mad science with mutants and robots and demons.

12 hours ago, some guy who made a wad said:

Help.png

We all just ignoring this?

Will try to translate later if I can.

Edit: it converts to Morse Code, looking further.

Edit 2:

00101110 = .

00100000 = blank space (_)

00101101 = -

00101111 = /

"help?i?m?suck?" (Help I'm stuck) is the first couple of lines.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

We all just ignoring this?

Will try to translate later if I can.

Edit: it converts to Morse Code, looking further.

Edit 2:

00101110 = .

00100000 = blank space (_)

00101101 = -

00101111 = /

"help?i?m?suck?" (Help I'm stuck) is the first couple of lines.

armor.png

I dunno. And I don't want filmmakers to make a shit that based on this legendary game (like they did it with another games).

But what do you say if a Wolfenstein movie was an anime?

For example, that anime will be like The First Squad.

Jesus Christ, I'm at work tomorrow and it's going to be dead as a door nail so I might try and interpret it then.

If this is a turbo lame creepypasta/ARG I will be sad.

20 hours ago, Wereknight said:

Watch Iron Sky. That's pretty much what you're wondering about.

That film was really so cringe worthy. Maybe it was just bad writing? It started up from a funny but interesting sci-fi premise, but toppled all over itself with the story, ending up with you hating everybody and feeling relatively sorry for the villains (who are still tainted with the racist behaviour, they aren't nice guys). It's probably a more realistic conclusion, but we don't need films to tell us that, the news are ripe with this.

Sorry but Wolfenstein is built on top of historical heroism, it's about people who escaped atrocities and helped put an end to murderous regimes. It's only the side of the story of the survivors. It's not supposed to be cynical, even if the real world knows full well what happened to part of the world after WW2. Wolfenstein is supposed to make you feel proud, moved and righteous, not disgusted like the aforementioned Iron Sky.

Question is, who would play BJ? Also, they fucked up Doom twice, so maybe they should just leave Wolfenstein alone lol.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

Honestly, the first of the recent Captain America series I felt had a pretty similar aesthetic to the 2009 Wolfenstein game, so like that if you just replaced a guy in a blue suit with a guy with a bunch of guns. 

I'd be down for a ridiculously silly and action-y nazi-killing spree movie done all in the style of the Wolf3D Dos game, or maybe the MacWolf/JaguarWolf port if DOS seems a bit too chunky for most moviegoers. Add in a fight between B. J. and a teamed-up Mecha-Hitle/Mecha-Schtabbs at the end as well, and you've got the (almost) perfect popcorn entertainment formula!

Obviously the story and setting would have to be very different, but tonally and in terms of dialog, my god would I be hoping for something similar to Inglorious Basterds.