Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

A WAD editing Competition show on Netflix/Hulu?

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a mapping competition show on Netflix or Hulu in the same vein as "Chopped" or "Cut Throat Kitchen?", and "Cake Wars?" I mean I just saw a competition for gift wrapping so why not? I would totally try to enter and if I didn't make it I'd totally watch it! What do you think it would be called? "WAD Masters"? "Map wars?"

Survivor: BSP edition

America's Next Top Mancubus

Wheel of Archviles

Let's Make a Doom

Who Wants to be a Millionaire Annihilated by Rev Rockets?

Dancing with the Shotgunners

Are You Smarter Than a Pain Elemental

The Price is Restarting Doombuilder

American Idol Degenerate Neckbeard Gamer

Vanilla Visplanes and How I Learned to Love Them

Hell's Kitchen (no change needed)

"Mappers, you have 1 hour to give the judges an interesting WAD with 3 sectors and 80 linedefs. Your time begins now!"

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

I'd gladly watch it, but it sounds way too esoteric for the general public. 

maybe a web series then?

the drama would be someones doombuilder crashing.

2 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

"Mappers, you have 1 hour to give the judges an interesting WAD with 3 sectors and 80 linedefs. Your time begins now!"

JUDGE:

Paul, I understand that your Doom Builder crashed at 58 minutes giving you no time to even attempt to recover. But this entry of... a square room with a Cyberdemon in a pit in the middle... the walls aren't even textured. They're HOM.

PAUL:

It's uh, it's an illusio-pit.

That would be terrifying for the competitor... Just imagine being in front of the Cacoward judges as they nitpick everything about your speed map.

Interview parts: "So im here making my second sector that i think is this awesome outdoor area with ZIMMER textures and GRASS Textures and what not and I look over and see Joes map and he's already almost done. So I decide I gotta get myself in gear if I'm gonna out map him. thank you Alton Brown for sabotaging me with having to use "Deep Sea". "Just then my computer crashes and I'm like Oh no, I'm definitely getting eliminated now"

Sector Slappers

The Wad Files

Shoot Your Wad

Wad Factor

Wheres All The Data?

Linguica's Greatest Night Of Wads

The Masked Wad Author

Wad Swappers

“LOOK AT THIS. I swear to god, it’s the kind of shit I’d expect to find on a shovelware disc from 1994. Look at it. STARTAN, STARTAN, STARTAN! It’s raw, it’s fucking RAW!

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

“LOOK AT THIS. I swear to god, it’s the kind of shit I’d expect to find on a shovelware disc from 1994. Look at it. STARTAN, STARTAN, STARTAN! It’s raw, it’s fucking RAW!

rotfl

"Where's the SSG??? You put a pinkie on top of a pillar?? YOU FUCKING DONKEY!!!"

The show could also have international potential, as far as I know other DooM communities (like the Russian one) have a different 'taste' to what makes a good WAD.

Masters Of Doom - presented by David Kushner

Panel of Judges:

@Linguica, John Carmack, John Romero , The Rock and Simon Cowell

Winner receives a Ferrari 328.