Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kappes Buur

Ultimate Doom Builder

no way, doom builder finally works on wine??? i just might have officially stopped having any use for windows anymore

This new name is elevendy billion times better than “GrafZahlDoomBuilderBugFixVersionOneMillion”.

I am ultra stoked! My next map will be made using this.

39 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

This new name is elevendy billion times better than “GrafZahlDoomBuilderBugFixVersionOneMillion”.

I am ultra stoked! My next map will be made using this.

My favorite thing about the new release is that I can stop updating GZDB-BF, lol.

Hello. A lurker stepping by.

I have multiple issues on making this to work on Arch Linux & Debian. The editor starts fine: but when I make a new map it just crashes to generate a backtrace that according to the devs can't be understood.
I'm hoping these issues gets fixed because I love this family of map editors but at the moment on my Linux laptop (ThinkPad x230) I'm just sticking with SLADE that as I know doesn't have any issues.

Just now, JadingTsunami said:

Built and running on Mac. Very nice! 

That's interesting. By built you mean that you compiled?

Or are you using some prefix configuration on Wine?

4 minutes ago, cr0ma said:

That's interesting. By built you mean that you compiled?

Or are you using some prefix configuration on Wine?

Yes, compiled and run with mono.

EDIT: Note I have not played around much to see what works and what doesn't. Standard YMMV disclaimers and all that.

Just now, JadingTsunami said:

Yes, compiled and run with mono.

How? Dare I say but, maybe it's the same on Linux.

6 minutes ago, cr0ma said:

How? Dare I say but, maybe it's the same on Linux.

Sure, just needed gdiplus and of course mono. After that, "make" worked and built the app and mono executed the runtime. There's a build solution already in place for mono in the source release.

I'm curious if it works for you on Linux the same way.

1 hour ago, JadingTsunami said:

Sure, just needed gdiplus and of course mono. After that, "make" worked and built the app and mono executed the runtime. There's a build solution already in place for mono in the source release.

Unfortunately, I'm running trough one error that I can't understand.

With the packages mono-develop libgdiplus libx11-dev:

g++ -std=c++14 -O2 --shared -g3 -o Build/libBuilderNative.so -fPIC -I Source/Native Source/Native/*.cpp Source/Native/OpenGL/*.cpp Source/Native/OpenGL/gl_load/*.c -lX11 -ldl
In file included from /usr/include/c++/8/memory:80,
                 from Source/Native/Precomp.h:29,
                 from Source/Native/OpenGL/OpenGLContext.cpp:22:
/usr/include/c++/8/bits/unique_ptr.h: In instantiation of ‘typename std::_MakeUniq<_Tp>::__single_object std::make_unique(_Args&& ...) [with _Tp = OpenGLContext; _Args = {void*&, void*&}; typename std::_MakeUniq<_Tp>::__single_object = std::unique_ptr<OpenGLContext, std::default_delete<OpenGLContext> >]’:
Source/Native/OpenGL/OpenGLContext.cpp:904:57:   required from here
/usr/include/c++/8/bits/unique_ptr.h:831:30: error: invalid new-expression of abstract class type ‘OpenGLContext’
     { return unique_ptr<_Tp>(new _Tp(std::forward<_Args>(__args)...)); }
                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source/Native/OpenGL/OpenGLContext.cpp:458:7: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘OpenGLContext’:
 class OpenGLContext : public IOpenGLContext
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from Source/Native/OpenGL/OpenGLContext.cpp:23:
Source/Native/OpenGL/OpenGLContext.h:34:15: note: 	‘virtual bool IOpenGLContext::IsCurrent()’
  virtual bool IsCurrent() = 0;
               ^~~~~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:15: native] Error 1

19 hours ago, JadingTsunami said:

yeah doesnt work for me on linux at all. i just get

msbuild -p:Configuration=Release BuilderMono.sln
make: msbuild: Command not found
make: *** [Makefile:9: builder] Error 127

1 hour ago, kaleb. said:

perhaps you don't have msbuild in your PATH variable?

1 hour ago, kaleb. said:

Do you have the mono SDK installed? You will need at least mono SDK (not just the runtime) and gdiplus.

yup i got both of them

47 minutes ago, LuciferSam86 said:

perhaps you don't have msbuild in your PATH variable?

well i wouldnt know about how that works, building stuff from source has always been a confusing task for me

hey just wondering, I think multiple decorate files don't load in UDB?  I have one decorate for each monster or whatever, and in GZDoom they show up just fine, but in UDB, they don't get added into the list of entities you can add.  If i manually specify the editor ID, it'll appear as a ? icon, but will still work in-game.  I tested by copy/pasting a separate decorate into the main decorate.txt file in my folder and then it will show up in the editor just fine.  Or is there an additional step to be taken?  There's no errors or anything.

Interestingly enough, you can have multiple WAD files in a folder each with their own decorates and those will work perfectly fine.  My plan is to include WAD files with some custom monsters and objects from Realm667 but I want to override the default behaviours of the monsters there because I find them too overpowered for my uses so I create a separate decorate file outside the wad, give it a new editor ID and just reuse the assets in the WAD file (that way it preserves the original file while creating my own version fully separately).

I can't seem to find the Automap cleaning tool, am I missing it somehow? Other than that, it feels just like GZDoom Builder.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, necros said:

hey just wondering, I think multiple decorate files don't load in UDB?

You can have as many DECORATE lumps in your pwad as you like. However, the actors have to be set up properly. Also, if you have many actors to deal with, then the pk3 file format is best suited.

Have a look at Enjay's Waterlab how a pk3 file is properly constructed.

The Doom community would be much different without GZDBuilder and its forks. Also, the Nerve team used it for NRFTL and Romero used it for Sigil and his earlier new maps! Nice!

By the way, I am on a tablet and accidentally reported the OP to the moderators, haha, oops! Touch controls!

I am experiencing problems opening or creating any map.

Standard Windows 10 Pro configuration.

Error message:

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
GZDB: R3352
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Error setting render target: glCheckFramebufferStatus did not return GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.RenderDevice.ClearTexture(Color4 backcolor, Texture texture)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer2D.CreateRendertargets()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.Renderer2D..ctor(RenderDevice graphics)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeNewMap(MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.NewMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

On 2/2/2020 at 12:18 PM, ryg said:

Error setting render target: glCheckFramebufferStatus did not return GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE

Perhaps your card does not support the complete OpenGL library?

Are you using the latest drivers for the card?

Perhaps someone more skilled on the OpenGL library could give you more informations.

I wanted to try this so I installed it on my laptop that runs Windows 7. Installation went fine, however when I tried to run it, I got an obscure error message about "Method not found System Array Empty" and some other stuff. Googling it didn't really help. So I decided to try GZDBF instead. When I ran that one, it warned that Net Framework was not installed (which surprised me, as I thought it was) and offered to do it for me (how nice!) which I accepted.

That got me to wondering if UDB's problem wasn't also the missing Net Framework... So after Microsoft was done messing with my system (and what a long time that installation took!) I tried to run UDB again and... what do you know! It worked.

So... now I wonder:

1) why was the nice (and mostly painless) Net Framework check/installation process removed?

2) would it be possible to put something similar back in, or at the very least a clearer message stating what the problem is?

OK, that's all, now I go test ;)

Will the bug ever be fixed where the map analysis tool reports allegedly unused lower or upper textures for some doors and platforms although those textures are absolutely needed?

It seems to only affect a few types of linedef actions, so is probably just an oversight. But it's an old issue, I remember having it reported several years ago for Doom Builder 2.

16 minutes ago, Get Phobo said:

Will the bug ever be fixed where the map analysis tool reports allegedly unused lower or upper textures for some doors and platforms although those textures are absolutely needed?

It seems to only affect a few types of linedef actions, so is probably just an oversight. But it's an old issue, I remember having it reported several years ago for Doom Builder 2.

Unlikely that it will be changed. It's a rather useless check anyway, since additional texture you'll never see don't matter.