Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Y2theJ

Your name?

Just a thread to try and understand why people named themselves, what they named themselves?

For me I chose 'Y2theJ'. Reasons are:
Y2J is the 2nd best professional wrestler around (WWF/WWE). And I just through in the 'the' for the hell of it.
So that's my spiel. What's yours?

well, DOOM Anomaly isnt just a flashy alias I use to get people mady-mad at me...

the DOOM part of DOOM Anomaly is there cuz well, I play Doom, Alot, and I have for 8+ years, and quite frankly, I've decided to have no social life by playing Doom for all these years, so I gotta have the least bit of allowance to have Doom in my alias.

The Anomaly part of DOOM Anomaly is because, I am an anomaly compared to other people, everyone thinks Im weird and shuns me because of it, I am rejected from most activities cuz I choose to be myself, and play Doom all day. My 'friends', teachers, parents, everyone, says im weird, so i therefore call myself, an Anomaly....DOOM Anomaly...Cuz Im an Anomaly of Doom, maybe not THE Anomaly of Doom, but Im named it so, ya.

The reason I use Anomaly instead of werido or stuff, it cuz I use big words like Anomaly, and it confuses most people, and the Level Phobos Anomaly, I always loved that level, and I wanted a part of it to be with me, that and I always admired the word, "Anomaly".

So there ya have it, straight from the Anomaly's mouth.

Fredrik David Erik Johansson.

I don't know why or how I chose this name... damn, I don't even remember ever choosing it!

My parents gave me a name shortly after I was born ;)

Ok, seriously, I chose the user name DooMer 4ever because Doom is my favourite game and I still play it and going to play it in the future. The name isn't the best possible though like I realized afterwards: i'm gonna die eventually :(

btw, I was looking through the user list one day and find out that there is a user named doomer 4life (don't remember which ones were capital letters). Much better name I think.

Why 3 names, Fredrik? Christians usually do that (middle or multiple names.) But it's usually like one has to carry his grandparent's name, etc.

My full nick is myk helnyte. Guess the rest.

That explains everything :p

Livo is my RL nickname, so, that's pretty much it.

Mine is from ages ago, when I used to play console games a lot more. In Road Rash the default name was 'player', so I just changed the 'p' to an 's'. It kinda stuck...

Me? submerge? I like it because it sounds a bit mysterious, and I enjoy swimming as much as dooming.

tenshi (japanese) =angel
why i chose this name?well i just want to post,i can`t think of better at that time.I`m studying aboard in Japan,so i chose the name with the mix of English and Japanese.

There's a band which is called Vision of Disorder.
I thought that was a cool name, but it's too lang to fit on most forums. So I had to pick between Vision or Disorder. And I picked Disorder.

First I tried to call myself Messiah with a Shotgun. Too long a nick.

Little Faith can be interpreted in several fashion.

Either as: "You are a man of little faith", stressing the fact that I don't trust and believe in very much.

Or: "At least he has a little faith", pointing out that I at least have faith in something, but not very much.

Or: "He adheres to the Little Faith", mentioning that I have a half-hearted agnostic view on anything, rather than adhering to "the Big Faith" (unquestioning wholehearted devotion).

I like that nick

My story? Well, there's not really much to say. I used to be "MONKEY_IN_THE_HIGHEST_TREE" when i joined yahoochat to harass people. I got sick of all the caps, the phony spaces and having to type the whole thing, so here i am!

Well, mine is kinda a spell error, it should have been thorn. But as most of you know, my english is bad... :P
So I got the name Torn, well and I like it. :)

Hm, I wanted a Doom related nickname that was short and easy to remeber (and could be typed in quickly).
It was obvious that everything else than just "Doom" would be too long, so I decided to find an abbreviation.

I played around with a number of Doom related phrases until I came across the noun phrase:

"Doomed space marine"

And thus the nick "dsm" was born and I saw that it was good and there was much rejoice :-p

This is a humourous thread. :)
this nick... well, I couldn't recall my password for Opulent, so I made a new account. DEMO n like Compet-N, because I be the hardcore demo-watcher, but mixed with the DOOM icon himself.
just a spur of the moment choice.
I want to know where Linguica comes from... Spaghetti-western DOOM perhaps. =P

DEMOn said:

I want to know where Linguica comes from... Spaghetti-western DOOM perhaps. =P

I've heard that it was the name of one of the pizzas at a local pizzaria.

On one of the first few meetings with the lady who is now my wife, she and her male friend were quietly discussing my resemblance to a certain character from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', and how they'd like to shag me on the lawn behind the Liver Buildings in Liverpool.

So, a month or so later while our relationship was in full-swing, i bleached my hair, and began wearing extremely tight, long-sleeved black tops. I've been stopped in the street and called 'Spike from Buffy!' fairly often ever since.

My last name is Cooper. One day some kid started calling me Coopersville. My friend made a cartoon character based off me, he named it Coopersville and BooM! I stole the character, his comic series and I made it mine/better.

didn't we have a thread like this before? oh well.

VileSlay is the name of a sword that I made up for this un-named fantasy epic that my brother and I are working on. it's the final sword that the main charater gets.

heres a pic

Most of you probably already know that my name has nothing to do with addictions to a certain caffinated drink, but rather the programming language of the same name. I really haven't done anything with it in a while, since I don't have any supporters for any projects. Oh well.

Big (because I'm big as in tall and a few other ways as well), Bad (because I do bad things like smoke and stuff) and Gangsta (because people always tell me I look like a gangster).

Here's why:

-In a few years I'm hoping to become a real scientist
-people tend to think I look at things (to) scientificly
that and
-The word scientist sounds pretty cool IMO

Anyway, has anyone heard the new song from coldplay "the scientist".

Scientist said:

Anyway, has anyone heard the new song from coldplay "the scientist".

Afraid not. The hi-fi is dangerously close to the knives drawer.