Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodemon345

DOOM-UEFI: port of Doom to UEFI

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

So I found the original port of UEFI to DOOM by warfish. Unfortunately it wasn't building, so I went ahead and fixed the source code, which is now available here in https://github.com/Cacodemon345/uefidoom

 

Binaries are available at the Releases tab. Note that those are meant to be ran inside a UEFI Shell environment. Running instructions are available too. Note the bugs. Will fix them later. Helps are appreciated for those too.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

Hi,

 

So I found the original port of UEFI to DOOM by warfish. Unfortunately it wasn't building, so I went ahead and fixed the source code, which is now available here in https://github.com/Cacodemon345/uefidoom

 

Binaries are available at the Releases tab. Note that those are meant to be ran inside a UEFI Shell environment. Running instructions are available too. Note the bugs. Will fix them later. Helps are appreciated for those too.

Funny stuff.  Is it based off the regular Linux Doom port?

 

This goes on my TODO list to put on the Wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Funny stuff.  Is it based off the regular Linux Doom port?

 

This goes on my TODO list to put on the Wiki.

Yeah, it's based off the Linux Doom port, although the real base is warfish's UEFIDOOM port, that's also based on the Linux Doom port.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

Yeah, it's based off the Linux Doom port, although the real base is warfish's UEFIDOOM port, that's also based on the Linux Doom port.

This is good to know. Ill write a post about this on Realm667 and make sure this gets atleast a stubbed page on the Wiki in due time. Thanks for the fix up of this novelty port!

Share this post


Link to post

So, I got some testing done on the sound support of DOOM-UEFI, and the results are so far:

  • Audio works.
  • The sounds, however, doesn't work quite right yet (too high pitched to the point where it's barely legible).
  • Only the Door open sound seems to be actually legible.

I really need to look for a upsampling algorithm so that audio plays correctly.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×