Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

this new fourm is getting bad

I think I've gotten used to this forum now.

The old one let you put anything you want in your sig. Your key was probably broken that's all.

Me neither, but at least it spices things up a little. You just disconnect for a couple of hours and there's a whole new batch of stuff ready...

That's true. I put some nonsense up, disconnect, play Doom for a couple hours or more, get back on, and there's, like, 15 different posts, some of them from...*gasp*...newbies.

i was out for a week and this happened?? no offense but i personally prefer the old forum.... :)

Guest Fanatic

Now, you see why this sorting sucks?

The first whole page is nothing but useless non-DOOM oriented postings that keep getting shoved up to the top with nonsensical ramblings. It sucks. I don't know what's new and where the last topic I posted to is.

It just puts the topics I usually skip over up on the entire first page.

How about a flag setting in our profile to allow us to sort it by last updated date or posted date?

It's clear that some people like the sorting as-is, and other hate it. I don't see why this forum didn't have it built in as a client variable versus a global system variable.

I just don't visit the forums like I used to because of the sorting.

Now, you see why this sorting sucks?

The first whole page is nothing but useless non-DOOM oriented postings that keep getting shoved up to the top with nonsensical ramblings. It sucks. I don't know what's new and where the last topic I posted to is.

It just puts the topics I usually skip over up on the entire first page.

The forums are supposed to show you pink folder icons for topics that have had new replies since the last time you checked them. However, as soon as you refresh the forum, or reply to one post, all the pink folders disappear. I'd be fine with the sorting if the pink/yellow folder icons worked properly. But it is getting to be impossible to remember where all your replies have gone. Looks like you'd be best off hanging out in the Editing/WADs and MODs forums. "General" really has taken to it's definition since the new forums arrived.