Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

MAX UV - Karl Jobst vid

Posted (edited)

The brilliant Karl Jobst made another good vid analysing and attempting the speedrun of E1M1 in the Ultra Violence max kills and max secrets category.

He’s also doing a competition to win a copy of DOOM: Eternal if you can beat the time he achieved. 

Check it out. Enjoy. 

Just seen that there is already a partial topic about this, don't know how I didn't see it.

Edited by Eurisko

I was wondering how can I get the official recording of my gameplay.

I don't know anything about speedrunning or competitive playing whatsoever so I don't know if you are supposed to play with TAS or if you need to record it elseway.

I think he mentioned some type of file that keeps track of every move you make instead of a recording, or maybe that's from another video, but I guess that's the best way of having a proof of your gameplay, because just recording can let someone use a third party software that makes him do a perfect run. (As far as I know, there have been cases of people cheating in their speedruns that have been caught because of this move tracking/recording file).

Apart from that, yesterday I tried for the first time several times and I think I've got like 0:40 - 0:43 and, man, it's really hard. I didn't know it was that hard. Like Karl said, you gotta have a lot of skills and also A LOT of luck, mostly with the first shotgun guy, praying so that RNG can kill him in at most 3 pistol shots and that the shotgun doesn't fuck up the entire run, and also that the shotgun guy left alive actually searches you instead of keep roaming the room.